I've screwed up physics already (1 Viewer)

jaaaaay

HSC
don't worry!!!!!!!
seriously... as so many other have said, it's the rank that matters!

what was the average mark?

this first assessment i got 82%... my worst ever physics mark T__T
but then i found out the average was 67%...

so it really depends...
it might have been a really hard assessment...
don't stress =]

good luck ^^;;

i recommend jacaranda! xD

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
alcalder said:
The trick to answering the written questions is to know what they are looking for in terms of the keys words.

Once you have that formula you can crack those questions.

ie. Discuss, Compare etc. Get the marking criteria from previous exams and you will see what examiners are expecting for those key words.
lol thanks for that motivation =]
yeah i think its cos i always misinterpret the friggen adjective ! ><" argh !

Season

HSC
A similar thing happened to me in Chemistry, it was this stupid in-class prac with the write up under test conditions. I completely fucked it up big time. Got 50% absolute worst score I have ever recieved went to my locker and cried until I couldn't any more, friends are great through it all.

Anyway went home worked my ass off for the next assessment piece thinking Chem was a lost cause, and when they were being handed out I topped the grade, got 100% on the exam and yeah, proved that one screwed up piece of assessment does not define your future. Keep working hard and you'll get there, promise.

Legham

HSC
That is the worst mark I've ever received. I was crying all afternoon.
Rofl!

In other news, in our preliminary year prac test 3 people out of about 30 got 2 out of (i think) 84.. and only one person passed.. who cares?!?! It's a school test..

Legham

HSC
Don't assume that im "uneducated" just because i don't care.. i happen to do pretty well at school! I just don't see how you could cry, or even get the slightest bit upset over a test result.. thats just screaming "nerd"..

HSC
Get over it. It's one test. If you want to cry, then cry, but don't come here for sympathy!!! Which obviously the thread-starter did.

Season

HSC
Legham said:
Rofl!

In other news, in our preliminary year prac test 3 people out of about 30 got 2 out of (i think) 84.. and only one person passed.. who cares?!?! It's a school test..

If you cared to look across at my side bar you might just perhappppppps you might have seen that I come from the ACT system, which means continuous assessment right from the start of year 11. The only external exam that will ever matter is the AST which is a scaling test. So school exams do matter for me and if you couldn't care then why are you posting on a physics board in the summertime??

HSC
also, one school in the ACT does do the HSC (i think), so how were we to know u didnt go there?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Dude Don't get the impression that you've failure (I think you did well!) your first assessment task will dwindle your UAI, because Internal School Marks count for only 50% of your HSC mark which directly means 50% of the UAI mark you're getting.

School assessment worth 30% --> It really is worth 15%.

Don't get me wrong, but it's a massive misconception to think that you've failed school assessments = low UAI.

I thought I failed Chemistry, but with scaling + utter killage of the HSC Exam, I got my marks back! :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Dude Don't get the impression that you've failure (I think you did well!) your first assessment task will dwindle your UAI, because Internal School Marks count for only 50% of your HSC mark which directly means 50% of the UAI mark you're getting.

School assessment worth 30% --> It really is worth 15%.
With moderation and all, it's pretty much worth 0% except for ranks and differences between people in the subject in your school.

ninoshka

HSC
anniea89 said:
Yeah, there's nothing I can do about it now. It's just the disspointment from my parents and my teacher that's making me upset.

Oh well.
dont worry about it too much. look at it in perspective, and the ranks are more important. i got around the same mark too, pracs are bitches! lol. theres always time to improve, and physics is a damn hard course! just passing is an achievement, the concepts are so challenging. I admire those people who persist with it... I had 13 units and decided to drop. As for the teacher/parent pressure, they can only ask for your best. You'll often find that you yourself is the hardest critic. Good Luck :)

taylor96

HSC
What marks do you need to get to reach your ATAR goal? use an ATAR calculator to calculate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)