\Israelis restrict Palestinians to <20 litres of water PER DAY! (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
smh said:
JERUSALEM: Amnesty International has accused Israel of allocating Jewish settlers in the West Bank four times as much water as Palestinians.

In Troubled Waters - Palestinians Denied Fair Access To Water, the human rights organisation says Israel uses 80 per cent of the water from the mountain aquifer, the only source of underground water available in the West Bank.

Israel also uses 100 per cent of the surface water available from the River Jordan, the report says.

The West Bank is the land designated to become the future Palestinian state. It is now home to 2.5 million Palestinians and 300,000 Jewish settlers.

Amnesty says Palestinian residents in the West Bank are allocated 70 litres of water each a day.

In some rural communities they survive on as little as 20 litres a day, well below the 100 litres a day recommended by the World Health Organisation.

''Water rationing is common, especially but not only in the summer months, with residents of different neighbourhoods and villages receiving piped water only one day every week or every few weeks,'' the report says.

''Consequently, many Palestinians have no choice but to purchase additional supplies from mobile water tankers, which deliver water at a much higher price and of often dubious quality.''

Jewish settlers, on the other hand, are entitled to 300 litres of water a day, which enables them to sustain irrigation farms and lush gardens, the report says.

It also condemns water conditions in the Gaza Strip, saying 90 to 95 per cent of water from the only water resource, the coastal aquifer, is contaminated and unfit for human consumption.

Yet Israel does not allow the transfer of water from the mountain aquifer in the West Bank to Gaza. ''Stringent restrictions imposed in recent years by Israel on the entry into Gaza of material and equipment necessary for the development and repair of infrastructure have caused further deterioration of the water.''

Israel's Infrastructure Minister, Uzi Landau, said the report was ''biased, superficial and false''. ''It bore foretold conclusions, similar to the Goldstone report [on the war in Gaza],'' he said.

A spokesman for the Water Authority said Israel meets all of its commitments regarding water allocation to the Palestinians and even exceeds them.
Water in West Bank | Israel | Amnesty International

Bllody disgraceful. :chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

HSC
N/A
Re: Fucker Israelis restrict Palestinians to <20 litres of water PER DAY!

i feel like spoon feeding my shit to an Israeli.

Tangent

HSC

^ im confused, ur profile pic says different

this does sound bias, though given israels track record...

just knock down the wall!!!

HSC
N/A

lol im bbj how the fuck could i Love shitsrael? LOL
the avatar is for nooobz. and i got bored of that other avatar. LOL

Uncle

Banned
HSC

What is the meaning of all this?
Water is the next right to freedom.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Wth only 20L a day? Isn't that like 30 seconds in the shower?

My hatred of Israel has reached a new level.

pman

Banned
HSC

Freedom isn't a right is a priveledge, abuse it and you'll lose it kinda thing!

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

But can't Egypt give them water as well?

Oh wait, they have a full blockade on Gaza. Hrmm, where's all the media attention on that? fighting hypocrisy>improving humanity xD

jmakowiak

HSC

pman said:
I guess we do abuse our right to an endless supply of water. Just a little bit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Why do israel have to give them anything? If they want their own lands these are the issues they have to deal with.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

But can't Egypt give them water as well?

Oh wait, they have a full blockade on Gaza. Hrmm, where's all the media attention on that? fighting hypocrisy>improving humanity xD
Re-read the article you stupid blind fuck - it is about the West Bank.

As far as Egypt is concerned, I'm sure that if they were able to give water to interested parties then they would. Sadly, they're under Israeli coercion to not give any Palestinian water.

And furthermore, you're a retard who missed a key point entirely: Israel takes its water from the Jordan River IN PALESTINE and from an aquifer UNDERNEATH PALESTINE.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Palestine isnt a country they take it from within Israel.

Jeee

Banned
HSC

I hope you die thirsty. That your body is immensely dehydrated as you face death. Dying from thirst. I don't care where, I don't care when...I just hope it happens. Wait. Just before you're about to die of thirst, I hope you get thrown into the deep sea - water everywhere. Then you can drown. Wait. No, just before 'total' drowning, you should be revived. As you take in your first breaths, I hope somebody, anybody, stabs you with a bayonet.

Lol. I hope.
ird.

Fuck your logic.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

You need help. Seriously, if you want independance secure your own fucking water supplies. The arabic population of Israel's response to everything seems to be to blame the jews.

Jeee

Banned
HSC

You need help. Seriously, if you want independance secure your own fucking water supplies. The arabic population of Israel's response to everything seems to be to blame the jews.
How can we? When Israel is not allowing us to? Haven't you heard? They're controlling the Palestinians, placing them under siege, it's an occupation.

Open your eyes, it IS THE FAULT OF ISRAEL.
Do you think we'd purposely restrict ourselves? OH NOES, IT'S OUR FAULT THAT WE HAVE NOTHING LEFT.
NO LAND, NO HOME, AND NO HOPE.

Yeah, sure, that's the life, AND WE BROUGHT IT UPON OURSELVES, BECAUSE WE JUST LOVE IT!

Edit: Actually. We do have hope.
NO LAND, NO HOME, AND NO HOPE.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

is it a siege or an occupation make your mind up?

Yes blame the israelis... why don't you get water from the border with Egypt? Oh wait...
You did bring it on yourselves, I guess 1948 is too far back for you to remember.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Um, you fail to realise that up to the end of WW2, the land of Israel was actually the land of the Palestinians. I'm alright about Israel being a sovereign nation, but morally they must acknowledge that the original inhabitants, Palestinians, deserve there own nation.

The fact, that Palestine is not a country yet, as you pointed out, is simply testament to the Israeli government's despicable lack of respect for the Palestinian peoples and the massive human rights violations such as this new incident concerning water supplies taking place.

Also, even if Palestinians have to live in the country of Israel instead of their own nation of Palestine, why are they treated as different citizens, like a sub-standard class? They are segregated and thus Israel is prejudiced against it's own citizens. Even if as you claim Palestinians live in Israel and they must deal with it, it is the requirement of the Israeli government to take care of all citizens, which means that Palestinians are inclusive.

However this new incident then shows Israel cannot even take care of it's own citizens.

Either way, the Israeli authorities are in the wrong.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Actually it was palestine until 1948 and then they tried to destroy israel, try again though.

Jeee

Banned
HSC

aaaaaaaaahahahaha.

Right.

You know, some people are narrow minded and stupid, because they don't know. They simply do not know, and are yet to learn. You, however, you're one of a kind. You choose to be stupid.
Niceeee.

You know what, I have a few people I want you to meet. Come to the Palestinian Film Festival, I'll be there. We'll all have a nice, big discussion.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Actually it was palestine until 1948 and then they tried to destroy israel, try again though.
The date itself is irrelevant, especially as it just proves it was Palestinian land for another three years, which proves my case. Furthermore, when did Palestine try to destroy Israel? If anything, Israel tried to destroy the Middle East with first strikes in the Six Day War and against Plaestine. If you want to actually back up your point of view, rebut this:

I'm alright about Israel being a sovereign nation, but morally they must acknowledge that the original inhabitants, Palestinians, deserve there own nation.

The fact, that Palestine is not a country yet, as you pointed out, is simply testament to the Israeli government's despicable lack of respect for the Palestinian peoples and the massive human rights violations such as this new incident concerning water supplies taking place.

Also, even if Palestinians have to live in the country of Israel instead of their own nation of Palestine, why are they treated as different citizens, like a sub-standard class? They are segregated and thus Israel is prejudiced against it's own citizens. Even if as you claim Palestinians live in Israel and they must deal with it, it is the requirement of the Israeli government to take care of all citizens, which means that Palestinians are inclusive.

However this new incident then shows Israel cannot even take care of it's own citizens.

Either way, the Israeli authorities are in the wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)