Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Can anyone explain the pic in tempco's sig??

Looks like a direct hit by Israel to me. Or is the wind to blame ?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
AntiHyper said:
This news article should answer most of your questions:
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50

Israel also has tanks, in fact more tanks than the Hezbollah and better.

You really spoke to someone in IDF? Who was it?
I'm well aware of the military capability of Israel and even though I don't think Hezbollah should theoretically cause them that many problems it's kinda amazing when you see this war. The Israeli's are using alot of tanks which were produced in america for some of the missions in Maroun-Al Ras, but their tank of choice is one actually made in Israel. 'The Merkava' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkava) which have been crushed many time by co-ordinated dual RPG Fire.

I have many friends throughout the world, that I've met by scouting the internet. Including 2 who are in the IDF Shmell and Ethan. Shmell isn't actually in battle now, but he is an Israeli soldier (He's in a military base just south of tel aviv, but he's been conversing with other soldiers including those in the air force which have attacked southern lebanon.) Ethan was in Shemona (where alot of the shelling is taking place), but they're being rested in Tiberias from time to time.

I know others who are in the IDF some are neutral, but it's different when you're on the front line. You know exactly what's happening.
I like the proposal Bush/Blair made, but I don't think they'll stick to it. Especially about 'rebuilding Lebanon', because Lebanon has suffered extremely throughout this ordeal with hundreds of thousands displaced and some losing any prospective future.

( Here is a Good place to meet people involved in the military, it's a game popular to people in military bases. I've met many friends in military through it and we discuss efficiency and strength of military weaponry. http://games.swirve.com either check out 'Utopia' or 'Earth', they're strategy games both involved in war one of which is based in 2025 the other is based in 'middle earth'. It's very interesting and it's great to meet new people. )

(Who's seen the Latest Images of Hezbollah firing the Missiles with the tubes over shoulder and running? Isn't it exactly how I mentioned it?)

I'm glad the international community has taken it upon themselves to look at this issue diplomatically. Although, I wasn't exactly pleased by a few of the statements which were made by Tony Blair. He said "It is the United States goal to 'supress' Islam." I hope he meant 'radical Islam'.

I know alot more about this ordeal then alot of you and I would respect some of you to do a little research on both sides instead of just trying to prove you're right. Because, I'm not a supporter of Hezbollah I just don't support Israeli innefficiencies and their claims that Hezbollah would hide near mosques and military bases which is an Untruth. The purpose of the over-reaction was a 'threat' to the rest of the 'middle eastern' region.

(It's good to see that the British/U.S are willing to take some of the steps which I hoped they would. )

Diplomacy > War

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
The "hiding among civilians" myth (Full Article) - Salon Link (For those who might think that the article is shoddy)
Hezbollah's political members say they have little or no access to the workings of the fighters. This seems to be largely true: While they obviously hear and know more than the outside world, the firewall is strong.

Israel, however, has chosen to treat the political members of Hezbollah as if they were fighters. And by targeting the civilian wing of the group, which supplies much of the humanitarian aid and social protection for the poorest people in the south, they are targeting civilians.
The above article raises some important issues. Hezbollah's politicians are not combatants, and killing them would amount to killing civilians. If Israel is deliberately targetting anyone or anything associated with Hezbollah (and not only Hezbollah combatants) and killing a significant amount of civilians in the process, they're no better than Hezbollah's militia.

deegee

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
if u wanna cum on to this site n go on bout how good israel is every1 got ur point...n if u wanna go on bout how shit hezballah is n that u dont care if the arabs die we got that point as well

y dat fuk is it takin u 125 posts just to say that.?????????????????

no1 cares wat reasons u hav if u cum up wit for the deaths

ps since ur gonin on bout hezballah havin Weapons of mass destruction .do u no that israel is putin chemicals [among other stuff] in the bombs they launch at the lebs + palestinians
how dare you..
this is a forum for people to argue their opinions if u don't like it get off. just because jenzipoo doesn't agree with u doesn;'t mean shes wrong.
ur the one who has to resort to rude language so clearly u feel inferior. why don't u use facts to backup WHAT you have to say instead of criticizing others opinons

deegee

HSC
libertine said:
more awesome actors/directors are jewish so i hope those guys win so then we can have the 1000000000000000000th film about the holocaust shoved down our throats.
its because of ppl like u that the holocaust happened in the first place. clearly you don't have empathy for what has transpired in the past, your a sick sick sick person...you have not only insulted every jew, disabled person and any one of another race but u have insulted your own intellegence. the nazi's should be deplored for their obsession with an aryian race.
no matter what race/religion noone should ever support death. 6000000 million people i don't thoink u could even vision that many people in your head..

deegee

HSC
sam04u said:
There is no way Israel will be able to justify even a third of the attacks on Lebanese soil. As I said earlier, the IDF are following very thin guidelines and aren't taking proper precautions.

The fundamental questions of the conflict have not been answered. All I see is this unflinching support of all the strikes which the IDF (Israeli Defence Forces) have targeted in Lebanon on the basis that Israel is defending their existance.

Take into account the following information before adamantly supporting the Israeli attacks.

1. Hezbollah 'apparently' posed a threat to the Israeli state. Yet, they never attacked the Israeli state for over 5 years. What provoked the attack after 5 years of peace? Could it be that Israel continually denied 'diplomacy' and failed to make negotiations with hezbollah for release of prisoners?

2. The IDF are supposedly making 'tactical' precise attacks on 'targets' which they have built intelligence on. Justify these attacks, 'Bombing of the U.N.I.F.I.L (United Nation Interim Forces In Lebanon) headquarters and bombing of the U.N observers and a wife of one of the observers.", "Bombing of civilians 'following' IDF orders and fleeing from Southern Lebanon, Including some wielding White Flags and some driving Sedans.", "Bombing of 'Roads' needed to 'allow access to U.N relief forces", "Un-guided 'artillery' strikes in S.Lebanon which have a 100m radius, mainly used to 'push back opposing forces' instead they're being lobbed into Lebanon."

Now, I'm not justifying any of the Hezbollah rocket strikes but I want you to compare the weaponry and damage which is being used and then analyse the 'apparent' risk to Israeli civilians. ( I support the 'guerilla attacks' on IDF which are entering Lebanon since they have no right to be there. )

Israel - $80m Jet Fighters x 50 (deployed)
--------- 1tonne war heads x 6 daily
--------- 25kg artillery shells x 1,200 daily
--------- 200kg war heads x 80 daily
--------- 450kg war heads x 200 daily

Hezbollah - $200,000 8 ZPU-4's (Anti Aircraft Gun)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZPU-2
--------- T55 tank x 2
--------- 4,000 Katyusha Rockets 82mm caliber x 100 daily (8x2 Tubes)
--------- 100 Sagger ATM's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagger
--------- Regular SMG/MGs Like AK47's

Now, When you look at them and compare them (militarily) you can see why Hezbollah can be classified as a 'defence' force. Besides, I have no idea what other weapons the IDF have in their arsenal I can only judge from what I See.
Either way, I've spoken with people in the IDF and the attacks are poorly co-ordinated anyone who is on the frontline knows the unjust of this war. 500 Lebanese 'Civilians' have died in this war, It's unfair. If you don't agree that this war is unfair then you're being brainwashed or you're heavily influenced. I've looked at both sides and I'll tell you it's unfair.
yes and ironically israel used tosupply lebanon with weapons.. why would that be??? because they didn't think that hezbollah would turn on them, they were infact helping out a country that was potentially an enemy..doesn't that say alot

HSC
this what i call peace? smh...attacking innocent women, hopefully he'll see death penalty asap.

Man charged after US shooting

A MAN has been charged with murder after a shooting in a Jewish organisation in downtown Seattle which killed one woman and wounded five others in what authorities have called a hate crime.

The charged man, Naveed Afzal Haq, 31, was arrested without a struggle at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, where the shooting took place. He faces one count of murder and five counts of attempted murder.

Mr Haq is a US citizen, police said, and their initial conversation with him by phone while he was inside the building indicated that he was a Muslim.
Police would not disclose the content of the conversation, but Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation's vice president, told the Seattle Times website the man got past security at the building and shouted, "I'm a Muslim American; I'm angry at Israel," before he began shooting.

"This was a purposeful, hateful act as far as we know, by an individual acting alone," said Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels at a news conference, adding "This is a crime of hate."

Authorities said they were "taking every precaution" in searching for explosives and additional suspects and were monitoring the city's synagogues and Jewish organisations.

"We are also protecting mosques, because there is always the concern of retaliatory crime," said Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske.
Seattle police alerted its officers earlier this week about carefully monitoring synagogues, temples and mosques, but had received no specific threats.
The FBI was working with local authorities on the case.
Police first responded to reports of shots fired and a possible hostage situation at the centre, when there were about 18 people in the offices.
Mr Haq, described by a 911 caller as a man in his 30s or 40s, surrendered to police unarmed, but authorities said they found a weapon, a large-calibre, semi-automatic handgun, inside the building.

A hospital spokeswoman said three of the victims are in critical condition. The surviving women range in age from 23 to 43, including one who is pregnant. The fatal victim was only identified as a white female.
The federation had organised a large rally last weekend to demonstrate support for Israel in its fight against Hezbollah in southern Lebanon.
"I express our collective shock and dismay over the attack that has left five of our colleagues wounded and to share our extraordinary sadness for the loss of one of our colleagues," Robin Boehler, federation chair, said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,19954715-401,00.html

banco55

HSC
The religion of peace claims another life in the US.

banco55

HSC
tempco said:
OMG some Christian dude named Bobby raped this woman named Jes. The religion of Jesus, tsk tsk.

The woman that was killed was as innocent as the hundreds of civilians killed by IDF/Hezbollah militia attacks. Ceasefire, ASAP.
LOL if you can't distinguish between someone who kills another person because of their race/ethnicity and a common criminal who rapes someone you are lost. Not all mulslims are terrorists but nearly all terrorists are muslims.

tempco

HSC
banco55 said:
LOL if you can't distinguish between someone who kills another person because of their race/ethnicity and a common criminal who rapes someone you are lost. Not all mulslims are terrorists but nearly all terrorists are muslims.
That wasn't my point. You can always trace back a criminal's motive, whether it be his/her upbringing, race, religion, an event, etc. How do you know he was motivated by Islam? It could have easily been motivated by anything else. He killed Jews because his family was bombed to hell in Lebanon. He killed Jews because he hates them. He kills Jews because he felt like it. He killed Jews because Osama bin Laden is his idol.

And by the way:

Shooting suspect was baptized
Yet Haq was frustrated at his lack of friends and female companionship.He told friends he felt alienated from his own family, in part because his career had disappointed his father and also because he had disavowed Islam last year, converting to Christianity.

Acquaintances said he never seemed the fanatic religious extremist he played out on Friday. Instead some think his anger was really directed at problems in his personal and professional life.
Pwned.

Moving on:

Israeli attacks stall aid efforts in Lebanon

Israel's refusal to halt attacks in south Lebanon is hampering aid attempts and preventing stranded civilians from leaving the war zone.

The UN's emergency relief coordinator, Jan Egeland, requested a three-day ceasefire in Lebanon to allow aid through but Israel refused to agree to a truce.

The UN said that aid supplies are running out 'very, very fast' leaving children, the elderly and disabled stranded in south Lebanon.

But the aid has been piling up in Beirut as convoys struggle to reach the worst affected areas in the south of the country, due to fear of Israeli attacks.

Israeli missiles have hit humanitarian vehicles, including Lebanese Red Cross ambulances, and strikes have come within a few hundred yards of the few aid truck convoys making their way south this week.

Israel's government spokesman, Avi Pazner, said Israel has already opened safe corridors across Lebanon for shipments and claimed that Hizbollah guerrillas were blocking them in order to create a humanitarian aid crisis.

The top UN humanitarian coordinator in Lebanon, Mona Hammam, greeted this claim with incredulity saying convoys so far had encountered 'no problems' from Hizbollah.

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC
tempco said:
That wasn't my point. You can always trace back a criminal's motive, whether it be his/her upbringing, race, religion, an event, etc. How do you know he was motivated by Islam? It could have easily been motivated by anything else. He killed Jews because his family was bombed to hell in Lebanon. He killed Jews because he hates them. He kills Jews because he felt like it. He killed Jews because Osama bin Laden is his idol.
but thats the problem...when the tables are turned and the Jews (like youv'e put it) have the same done to them they dont act in that manner at all!!! they dont run aroudn screaming for the death of millions of people and the destruction of entire nations, nor do they blow themselves up and have their parents rejoice at their deaths because with their deaths came the death of the Muslims..

havnt seen it happening, dont see it happening and dont think i will ever see it happen..

tempco

HSC
jenzipoo said:
but thats the problem...when the tables are turned and the Jews (like youv'e put it) have the same done to them they dont act in that manner at all!!! they dont run aroudn screaming for the death of millions of people and the destruction of entire nations, nor do they blow themselves up and have their parents rejoice at their deaths because with their deaths came the death of the Muslims..

havnt seen it happening, dont see it happening and dont think i will ever see it happen..
No, you won't see that happening any time soon. Want to know why? It's because THEY DON'T HAVE TO. They've got the IDF to shell Palestine/Lebanon/Country to bits whenever they think it's necessary.

Death of millions of people and destruction of entire nations? If you're talking about the destruction of Israel, a whole lot of people just want the Israelis to stick to Israel and not bulldoze and prop up settlements in another country's territory. That'll save people from both sides a lot of pain.

As for suicide bombers, try living (I don't think we can even call it living anyway... more like, trying to survive) in Palestine before you judge them. Palestinians can't lead a snug, normal life behind huge walls... they're prisoners in their own country.

Last edited:

R.G.

HSC
dude, who are the palestinians, theres no country called palestine?

jenzipoo

HSC
tempco said:
No, you won't see that happening any time soon. Want to know why? It's because THEY DON'T HAVE TO. They've got the IDF to shell Palestine/Lebanon/Country to bits whenever they think it's necessary.

Death of millions of people and destruction of entire nations? If you're talking about the destruction of Israel, a whole lot of people just want the Israelis to stick to Israel and not bulldoze and prop up settlements in another country's territory. That'll save people from both sides a lot of pain.

As for suicide bombers, try living (I don't think we can even call it living anyway... more like, trying to survive) in Palestine before you judge them. Palestinians can't lead a snug, normal life behind huge walls... they're prisoners in their own country.
please do not confuse the IDF which is the ISRAEL defence focres with the Jews which is what i was refering to before...

i was asking why not then and why not now have the Jews NEVER displayed such behaviour when they have been persuctaed and yes i will rightfully say worse than the lebanese or palsetinians people have been..

NEVER THEN AND NEVER NOW

despite the threats by countries liek iran and terrorists groups around the world denyign israel's right to exist...no-one will ever let that happen!

please do not try and justify suicide bombing..it is a sick sick thing!! as for the wall you describe (which is actually a fence) this was put into place AFTER numerous suciide bombings had killed many innocent isralei civilians..
and yes i do understand and aknowlesged the terrible conditions the palestinian people but this does nto excuse and jusify the killings of israelis and the disruption of their soveriegn state

i ask you...why dont the arab nations that preach hatred towards israel and are "fighting for their brothers and sisters in palestine" do something to help them? and im not talkign about aid...why must israel fight over giving scraps of land (which they refuse anyway) for these people who could easily live in any of the other 9 arab nations?? they sure as hell dont have any religious clai to the land

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
jenzipoo said:
please do not confuse the IDF which is the ISRAEL defence focres with the Jews which is what i was refering to before...

i was asking why not then and why not now have the Jews NEVER displayed such behaviour when they have been persuctaed and yes i will rightfully say worse than the lebanese or palsetinians people have been..

NEVER THEN AND NEVER NOW

despite the threats by countries liek iran and terrorists groups around the world denyign israel's right to exist...no-one will ever let that happen!
IDF aren't Jews? The Israeli people aren't Jews?

As for the threats calling on the destruction of Israel and what not, Israel is too strong to be wiped off the map. But by playing the vulnerable-country-under-threat role, Israel has justified the killing of civilians and the destruction of homes under the guise of "self-defence".

jenzipoo said:
please do not try and justify suicide bombing..it is a sick sick thing!! as for the wall you describe (which is actually a fence) this was put into place AFTER numerous suciide bombings had killed many innocent isralei civilians..
and yes i do understand and aknowlesged the terrible conditions the palestinian people but this does nto excuse and jusify the killings of israelis and the disruption of their soveriegn state
You won't solve the suicide bombing epidemic without looking at the root of the problem. Don't get me wrong... killing civilians is never acceptable, but you have to appreciate the circumstances the suicide bombers are in. Imagine how horrible it must be to be willing to throw your own life away. And for those who think promise of virgins in heaven, or being hailed as a hero are the reasons why suicide bombers blow themselves up, you're deluded.

You call that a fence?

If Israel expects anyone to respect their sovereignity, then I suggest they start to address the 65 UN Resolutions (at least) against them. Pulling apart those illegal settlements would be a start.

jenzipoo said:
i ask you...why dont the arab nations that preach hatred towards israel and are "fighting for their brothers and sisters in palestine" do something to help them? and im not talkign about aid...why must israel fight over giving scraps of land (which they refuse anyway) for these people who could easily live in any of the other 9 arab nations?? they sure as hell dont have any religious clai to the land
Why must Israel fight over land? Good question. Why are they fighting over land that they have no right over?

As for refusing "scraps" of land - I'm assuming you're refering to Camp David? Lawl, no self-respecting leader would have accepted that since the only thing Israel would be willing to give up to Palestine were scraps of land which were separated by Israeli settlements, checkpoints and roads.

Why should they live in other Arab nations when they're being kicked out of territories that are rightfully theirs?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Jenzipoo, why not read these stories and tell me if Jewish terrorists have never acted unfairly or done vile attacks on innocent civilians (Including Terrorist Attacks)
http://hawaii.indymedia.org/news/2004/10/4861_comment.php

And these:
http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0995/9509083.htm
http://www.ict.org.il/spotlight/det.cfm?id=549

The “Gilad Shalhevet Brigades" are also a known Jewish terrorist organisation.

I don't think the world has treaten Jewish people fairly up untill the 1950s but they're clinging onto the "we're the victims" statement way to long.

Indiscriminate suicide-bombings should never be justified as 'suicide' is wrong, but so is the loss of innocent lives. I think the average person does not realise that an entire country was stolen and their population displaced by Jews. People need more enlightenment about the history of the whole "conflict". The injustice done to and the suffering of Palestinians has not been made clear.

Since it's formation the state of Israel has been unjust to the people of the Middle East. (The U.N only agreed to 55% of their countries actual size and even the 45% which it did agree to made no sense whatsoever) It's because of this that terrorism has become popular among people of middle eastern descent (which is predominantly Islamic). The Jewish controlled media in the United States then 'paints a picture' of islamic people as 'terrorists' and as people living in primative times with primative morals.

I'm a fair person though, and I don't discriminate against Jewish people. The people of Israel are regular people like any other people. They fight to exist, they have families and they live just as we do. I just wish that the Israeli government could see the destruction they're doing in Lebanon and see these numbers as people too.

Chinese Proverb: "Kill one man, terrorise a thousand".
(Karl Marx was an avid reciter of this proverb for obvious reasons).

jenzipoo

HSC
tempco said:
IDF aren't Jews? The Israeli people aren't Jews?
they are...along with arab israelis (20% of israel's ppluation) and christian israelis
and you know what israel has no offical religion

You won't solve the suicide bombing epidemic without looking at the root of the problem. Don't get me wrong... killing civilians is never acceptable, but you have to appreciate the circumstances the suicide bombers are in. Imagine how horrible it must be to be willing to throw your own life away. And for those who think promise of virgins in heaven, or being hailed as a hero are the reasons why suicide bombers blow themselves up, you're deluded.
suicide bombers are brainwashed into thinking they emobody the ultimate heroic expressions of their communities and the political organsiations to which they belong, and that their sacrfifce will e;levate them to a higher moral level.
israel is entitled to intercept and deter terrorism against its citizens, inlduing by proportionate miliatry means.
Under internaitonal law israel is allowed to occupy the terrorities taken in self defence in 1967 until a just and lasting peace is achieved...and this cannot happen when people keep denying israels right to exist and want it totally destroyed

the fence was erected to keep terrorists out of israel and to protect the lives of civilians in israel. it is an exercise of the right to life and self defence....only 5% of the fence is concrete, near the most vulnerable israeli areas! it can be removed at any time when the suicide bombings cease

If Israel expects anyone to respect their sovereignity, then I suggest they start to address the 65 UN Resolutions (at least) against them. Pulling apart those illegal settlements would be a start.
UN security councol resolutions 242 and 338 state that israel is entitles to hold all territory acquired in 1967 until a DURABLE and FAIR peace is acheieved.

Why must Israel fight over land? Good question. Why are they fighting over land that they have no right over?
o really??? please kindly elaborate coz last time i checked israel BOUGHT the land AND was voted a countrya nd allowed independnece by the UN in 1948

As for refusing "scraps" of land - I'm assuming you're refering to Camp David? Lawl, no self-respecting leader would have accepted that since the only thing Israel would be willing to give up to Palestine were scraps of land which were separated by Israeli settlements, checkpoints and roads.
im also refering to when prime minister ehud barak offered the palestiniains 98% of what they wanted!! they refused....meaning that wow they were shocked to think 'the zionist pigs' actually wnat peace..

Why should they live in other Arab nations when they're being kicked out of territories that are rightfully theirs?
first of all there are 22 arab nations in the middle east, occupying 99.3% of the middle east land mass, israel occupes .7%
hmmmmm

in 1948 arab nations attacked israel, startingthe war of independce displacing hundreds of thousands of palestinians. 600,000 arabs were living in these borders which became israel in the UN. over 100, 000 of them have been granted permision to return as israeli citizens. even if palestinians were grnated refugee status the Convention states that refugees are not to be returned to the country from which they fled. they are to be given sanctuary and refuge in the country to which they fled. therefore under international law there is no palestinian right of return

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)