• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

deegee

HSC
Jordan.J said:
I do agree with you here.
atleast we agree on one thing....perhaps u could open your mind to a few other things

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
deegee said:
atleast we agree on one thing....perhaps u could open your mind to a few other things
Like allow Israel to continue it destruction of an entire country?

If my mind was that open then my brain will fall out.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I don't know why I even deal with these unreasonable people....
Zionists.....

jenzipoo

HSC
sam04u said:
I don't know why I even deal with these unreasonable people....
Zionists.....
hmm...such a pity...all your intellectual arguments put forward previously were just dropkicked straight out of this thread with that comment..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
R.G. said:
yep, my minsunderstand, thats what it says, there is no denying it sorry if its hard for you to grasp.

Anyway this isnt about religion, its about Israel defending its right to exist no matter what any of you think that is what israel is doing, it may be a hard thing for you to see but thousands of Israeli lives have been taken over the last 50 or so years and Israel cant take much more of it, while killing civillians is not right it wasnt there aim, it all comes down to the faults of the terrorist organisations.
OMFG:

Israel has the right to exist - yeah agreed. But every other country has that right to as well, not just Israel its not a special right for israel. Israel has been in existence ever since it was created and it will never go 'extinct' lol.

Just because israel has the right to exist does not mean Lebanon does not have the right to exist. Lebanon is pretty much bombarded, and destroyed to smithreens. More people have died in Lebanon + Iraq than in israel entire's existency. You said thousand ? man thats nothin in 60 year span. look at countries like iraq.

Everyone single group organisation except for USA are against ISrael move to invade lebanon and to bomb it - they all want a ceasefire. human rights groups have ruled that israel have violated the geneva convention, humanitarian laws. - they are no better or worse than hezbollah.

Hezbollah are a small in size compared to Israel, israel has nukes, israel one ofthe best military force in the world - and they claim to being targetting hezbollah and somehow dozens of civilians are dead with one or two militia? it doesnt take idiot to know whats going on. israel doesnt care about the lebanese people or people in generals - its all for the sake of power.

they just bombed the fucken UN - lol srs. The UN are bunch of retards not doing anything of course they are pretty much controlled by the USA, whatever the USA says the un reall y cant stop it, which then mean the UN is essentially powerless. i think i don recall them i nthe pass resolving any issues...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Israel using chemical weapons: doctors
July 27, 2006 - 6:39AM

Lebanon is investigating reports from doctors that Israel has used weapons in its 15-day-old bombardment of southern Lebanon that have caused wounds they have never seen before.

"We are sending off samples tomorrow, but we have no confirmation yet that illegal weapons have been used," Health Minister Mohammed Khalife said.

The Israeli army said it had used only conventional weapons and ammunition in attacks aimed at Hizbollah guerrillas and nothing contravening international law.

Blackened bodies have been showing up at hospitals in southern Lebanon two weeks into the war between Israel and Hizbollah guerrillas that has seen at least 418 people, mostly civilians, killed in Lebanon and at least 42 Israelis.

Killed by Israeli air raids, the Lebanese dead are charred in a way local doctors, who have lived through years of civil war and Israeli occupation, say they have not seen before.

Bachir Cham, a Belgian-Lebanese doctor at the Southern Medical Centre in Sidon, received eight bodies after an Israeli air raid on nearby Rmeili which he said exhibited such wounds.

He has taken 24 samples from the bodies to test what killed them. He believes it is a chemical.

Cham said the bodies of some victims were "black as shoes, so they are definitely using chemical weapons. They are all black but their hair and skin is intact so they are not really burnt. It is something else."

"If you burnt someone with petrol their hair would burn and their skin would burn down to the bone. The Israelis are 100 per cent using chemical weapons."

Lebanese President Emile Lahoud has repeatedly accused Israel of using phosphorus bombs in its offensive.

Human Rights Watch, which has accused the Israeli army of using cluster bombs in populated areas of southern Lebanon, said it had not verified claims that Israel had used phosphorus.

"We are investigating but we haven't confirmed anything yet. We have seen phosphorus used before and we have seen it in the artillery stocks of the Israeli army in the north," said Peter Bouckaert, emergencies director at Human Rights Watch.

"Phosphorus shells do have a legitimate use in illuminating the battlefield at night. The offensive use of phosphorus would be a violation of international conventions."

Television footage shows some bodies, such as those of 20 civilians killed when an Israeli missile hit the van in which they were fleeing the border village of Marwaheen, blackened in the way Cham describes. No one knows what killed them.

"We are seeing abnormal burns, different from wars we've seen in the past. The corpses of these victims are shrinking to half their normal size. You think it is the corpse of a child at first but it turns out to be a grown man," said Raed Salman Zeinedine, director of Tyre Government Hospital.

"We've never seen anything like it but what the causes are I don't want to speculate. We have no scientific answer."

The Israel Army said it did not target civilians at all.

"We use only weapons and ammunition which will best hit our targets and cause least collateral damage," said army spokesman Captain Jacob Dallal.

"It could be that a body is burned from fire or the force of an explosion, but between that and suggesting we do something illegal under international law are two different things."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Israel-using-chemical-weapons-doctors/2006/07/27/1153816285823.html

now israel is boming lebanese army bases again. Fox news are using the exuse, forcing the lebanese government act, and they say these comments right after they say, lebanese government is powerless to act.
I thought they were attacking hezbolah? id like to see this forums israeli defenders exuse to this.

jenzipoo

HSC
HotShot said:
OMFG:

Israel has the right to exist - yeah agreed. But every other country has that right to as well, not just Israel its not a special right for israel. Israel has been in existence ever since it was created and it will never go 'extinct' lol.

Just because israel has the right to exist does not mean Lebanon does not have the right to exist. Lebanon is pretty much bombarded, and destroyed to smithreens. More people have died in Lebanon + Iraq than in israel entire's existency. You said thousand ? man thats nothin in 60 year span. look at countries like iraq.

Everyone single group organisation except for USA are against ISrael move to invade lebanon and to bomb it - they all want a ceasefire. human rights groups have ruled that israel have violated the geneva convention, humanitarian laws. - they are no better or worse than hezbollah.

Hezbollah are a small in size compared to Israel, israel has nukes, israel one ofthe best military force in the world - and they claim to being targetting hezbollah and somehow dozens of civilians are dead with one or two militia? it doesnt take idiot to know whats going on. israel doesnt care about the lebanese people or people in generals - its all for the sake of power.

they just bombed the fucken UN - lol srs. The UN are bunch of retards not doing anything of course they are pretty much controlled by the USA, whatever the USA says the un reall y cant stop it, which then mean the UN is essentially powerless. i think i don recall them i nthe pass resolving any issues...
hmm can anyone inform me....WTF DOES IRAQ HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS...israel didnt attack iraq (and dont come with your fukin conrpiracies of israel and the usa..)

and if you compare lebanon losing civilians....im sorry u got your facts all wrong!! israel has been established since 1948 and she has lost WAY more civilans and soldiers than the 400+ that lebanon has lost (which i will say again....i deeply regret)

power....your delusional!!!! a TINY country surrounded by all these arab neighbours that yes do not feel israel has a right to exist!! you tell me why they would wanna start with them???? they just want peace and your jumping on the bandwagon thinking israel (and the jews) are these power hungry ppl that dont care for anyone but themselves..

the arab nations are so quick to jumo up and down and point the finger of blame at israel with the palestinian ppl and with the lebanese ppl...why dont they help them? or take them?
i was watching cnn this mornign where the lebanese interior minister claims that above food and medicine they need oil the most coz theyre running out of electricity....why dont the arab nations provide it??? theyre drowingin in oil....o but what we love BLAMING israel but g-d forbid we do anythign to HELP...its funner to hate

jenzipoo said:
the arab nations are so quick to jumo up and down and point the finger of blame at israel with the palestinian ppl and with the lebanese ppl...why dont they help them? or take them?
i was watching cnn this mornign where the lebanese interior minister claims that above food and medicine they need oil the most coz theyre running out of electricity....why dont the arab nations provide it??? theyre drowingin in oil....o but what we love BLAMING israel but g-d forbid we do anythign to HELP...its funner to hate

wtf r u talking about. they have helped. saudi arabia gave 1.5 billion dollars.
ur on the wrong track, if ur talking about helping lebnanon. bombing the fuck out of them isnt gonna help, they need oil not bombs. use ur brain.

Generator

HSC
N/A
The following is just a general warning -

Drop the personal attacks and do all that you can to keep the emotional rhetoric to a minimum. Now that I am back I will be watching this thread closely.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
codereder said:
now israel is boming lebanese army bases again. Fox news are using the exuse, forcing the lebanese government act, and they say these comments right after they say, lebanese government is powerless to act.
I thought they were attacking hezbolah? id like to see this forums israeli defenders exuse to this.
This is just my hypothesis, since the Lebanese army ain't doing anything with their military equipment to fight for the common cause of israel.

Therefore it would be much better be destroyed rather than having the Hezbollah group to get their hands on them.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

Israel's actions are complete, unequivocal examples of state terrorism, which is in defiance of the 1949 Geneva Convention, and article 8 B(2)IV of the International Criminal Court (established in 1999) - which both (though predominately the latter) stipulate and advocate that it is a crime to incur excessive damage to civilian life, property and infrastructure to the extent where losses severely outweigh any military advantages to the attack:

Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause
incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or
widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which
would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military
advantage anticipated;

http://www.icc-cpi.int/library/about..._120704-EN.pdf

What I mean by that is if Israel had attacked actual military (that is, Hezbollah) targets rather than highways, airports, depots etc then the collatoral damage incurred by the bomb raids would be somewhat rationalised. Though according to these protocols in the instance where casualties and losses severely outnumber the success of the Israeli objectives, which was aptly summarised by your "shooting a fly with a shotgun" image, the conduct of Israel is in fact unjustifiable state terrorism.

jenzipoo

HSC
tempco said:
tempco said:

In other news, UN observers begged Israelis to stop shelling their position.

Israel has come in for much criticism in the media and elsewhere following the tragic deaths of four UN observers in Southern Lebanon as a result of an Israeli air strike on their compound. Israel apologized for the deaths and has launched a full investigation. Indeed, there would be no reason for Israel to deliberately target unarmed UN staff. This story has attracted attention in Canada, the home of one of the men who was killed. In this case, however, the media has looked beyond the automatic knee-jerk response that has accused Israel of deliberate murder.
The Ottawa Citizen writes:
The words of a Canadian United Nations observer written just days before he was killed in an Israeli bombing of a UN post in Lebanon are evidence Hezbollah was using the post as a "shield" to fire rockets into Israel, says a former UN commander in Bosnia.

Those words, written in an e-mail dated just nine days ago, offer a possible explanation as to why the post -- which according to UN officials was clearly marked and known to Israeli forces -- was hit by Israel on Tuesday night, said retired Maj.-Gen. Lewis MacKenzie yesterday.

full article: http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50

Another interesting article thing I found:
According to Rich Noyes, on Monday's "Anderson Cooper 360," CNN's Anderson Cooper related his visit to a Hezbollah-controlled section of Beirut where he was supposed to photograph certain damaged buildings, part of the terrorist group's strategy of generating news stories about Lebanese civilian casualties caused by Israeli bombs.

But instead of merely transmitting Hezbollah's unverified and unverifiable claims to the outside world, Cooper - to his credit - exposed the efforts by Hezbollah to manipulate CNN and other Western reporters.

Civilian casualties are clearly what Hezbollah wants foreign reporters to focus on. It keeps the attention off them - and questions about why Hezbollah should still be allowed to have weapons when all the other militias in Lebanon have already disarmed.

After letting us take pictures of a few damaged buildings, they take us to another location, where there are ambulances waiting.

This is a heavily orchestrated Hezbollah media event. When we got here, all the ambulances were lined up. We were allowed a few minutes to talk to the ambulance drivers. Then one by one, they've been told to turn on their sirens and zoom off so that all the photographers here can get shots of ambulances rushing off to treat civilians. That's the story that Hezbollah wants people to know about.

These ambulances aren't responding to any new bombings. The sirens are strictly for effect.

jenzipoo

HSC

illmatic said:
Israel's actions are complete, unequivocal examples of state terrorism, which is in defiance of the 1949 Geneva Convention, and article 8 B(2)IV of the International Criminal Court (established in 1999) - which both (though predominately the latter) stipulate and advocate that it is a crime to incur excessive damage to civilian life, property and infrastructure to the extent where losses severely outweigh any military advantages to the attack:

Intentionally launching an attack in the knowledge that such attack will cause
incidental loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects or
widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment which
would be clearly excessive in relation to the concrete and direct overall military
advantage anticipated;

http://www.icc-cpi.int/library/about..._120704-EN.pdf

What I mean by that is if Israel had attacked actual military (that is, Hezbollah) targets rather than highways, airports, depots etc then the collatoral damage incurred by the bomb raids would be somewhat rationalised. Though according to these protocols in the instance where casualties and losses severely outnumber the success of the Israeli objectives, which was aptly summarised by your "shooting a fly with a shotgun" image, the conduct of Israel is in fact unjustifiable state terrorism.
BUT the geneva convention also states that if the country can justisy its attacks with military objectives (which is what israel has done) as well as prevent as much civilian loss as possible (which is what HAS been done...but is very hard when peopl defy the IDF's plees to escape as well as good ol hezbollah hiding behind civilians)

firstly, do not confuse actual military with hezbolah. they are two different things. lebanon, as a country, has its own army and this can be called 'actual military', hezbollah is a terroist organsiation with militia fighting aganist israel's 'actual military' in lebanon

secondly, it has been explianed numerous times why israel has bombed such uinfrastructure. It is because they cannot run the risk of a recorring history where three of their soldiers were caught in '86 by hezbollah and to this day israel does not know if they alive or dead. they have bombed the 'exit routes' as well as 'entry routes' for further missiles to be delivered by their mates syria and iran..

thirdly, i ask how you can draw a comparison between the loss of civilian life (in numbers) to the number of israeli objecitves achieved. israel doesnt have 400+ objective to be achieved!!! so your saying because of this theyre a terrorist state...gimme a breaktheir main objective is the total disarment of hezbollah, a terrorist group that denies the states right to exist..stopping them so that it is not possible to disrupt the soveriengty of the state and its people any longer...as well as the return of their KIDNAPPED soldiers

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC

Further on from jenzipoo's link.
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50 said:
"What that means is, in plain English, 'We've got Hezbollah fighters running around in our positions, taking our positions here and then using us for shields and then engaging the (Israeli Defence Forces)," he said.

That would mean Hezbollah was purposely setting up near the UN post, he added. It's a tactic Maj.-Gen. MacKenzie, who was the first UN commander in Sarajevo during the Bosnia civil war, said he's seen in past international missions: Aside from UN posts, fighters would set up near hospitals, mosques and orphanages.
That explains a lot of issues that came up with apparent targeting of lebanese hospitals, mosques and other places.

As far as the kidnapped soldiers, they're probably already dead.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC

I thought the reason for govenment targets, as well as talk of syria and iran, is because hezbollah basically IS the govenment in those countries. esp iran, the new leader is a high ranking hezbollah member. Do you think hezbollah could have started shit with israel to take world attention off iran so they can work on nuclear stuff or the like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)