• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

$hiftyIceQueen said:
for ur information they didnt warn anyone until after they bombd lebanon u idiot. and the reason behind the kidnappin of the soldiers is cause there are thousands of leb + palestineians [how eva thats spelt] were kidnapped by israel, and to begin with israel was and still is stolen from Palestine which means that there shouldnt even b an israel now

since usa is stickin up for em they should take all the israelis that way no arabs or israelis die n no bush or rice interfirin.

This is a picture of an actual flyer given out in Lebanon warning people of a bombing that was occruing later in the day

"The arab nations have a blatant disregard for human life (and peace treaties) whereas Israel is primarily concerned for its people living in peace and when retaliation occurs infrastructure is targeted...not inncoent civilians!"

as i said ur an idiot

everyone knows those papers were sent after more then 100 people died n as for targetin "inncoent civilians" i must stay exactly how is a baby not innocent [yes u r dumb] by the way they kidnappd 2 guys from da military not "innocent civilians" go learn sum stuff bout war then talk u waste of space
oh wow thanks for clearing that up, it all makes sense now :rolleyes:

turtleface

HSC
Today in the news, they said that Hezbollah warned a northern Israeli town that they were going to retaliate and fire rockets into that town. They did a few hours later.

According to the Israeli apologists here, that makes it alright (because they gave warnings, like Israel did), so we all agree now that Hezbollah aren't terrorists, because they are doing exactly what Israel does, and noone would dare accuse Israel of being terrorists would they?

After all, as people have said..."How can they be terrorists when they give warnings..."???????
after all, according to them, the warning makes it all ok...

Seriously, in light of this how can we make any distinction about the nature of activities between Hezbollah and Israel? If one commits terrorism, so does the other. At least Hezbollah kills less civilians.

jenzipoo

HSC
turtleface said:
Today in the news, they said that Hezbollah warned a northern Israeli town that they were going to retaliate and fire rockets into that town. They did a few hours later.

According to the Israeli apologists here, that makes it alright (because they gave warnings, like Israel did), so we all agree now that Hezbollah aren't terrorists, because they are doing exactly what Israel does, and noone would dare accuse Israel of being terrorists would they?

After all, as people have said..."How can they be terrorists when they give warnings..."???????
after all, according to them, the warning makes it all ok...

Seriously, in light of this how can we make any distinction about the nature of activities between Hezbollah and Israel? If one commits terrorism, so does the other. At least Hezbollah kills less civilians.
please show me where your supposed angel group of people (hezbollah) warned people?!?!?!

no one excuses israel of being terrorists because they give warnings....by giving warnings they are in war terms more moral..

Definition of a terrorist:
a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

dont think israel is any of these...sorry

and to equate israel with hezbollah...wat a joke! so many discomparisons...wed be here all night!!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
turtleface said:
ive been thinking, from sources i already consumed, that its in human nature to react equally to acts of agression.... i think this is what hizbullah was doing... even though "to forgive would be the better option" according to christian and islamic teachings

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060722/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel

The Lebanese health ministry reported 362 deaths in Lebanon so far in the onslaught, an increase of 55 since it release figures on Thursday. Thirty-four Israelis also have been killed, including 18 soldiers and an air force officer killed Friday in the collision of two helicopters.

over half of israeli deaths were military?

that came as a surprise, but on 2nd thoughts, its not that surprising,

and at any rate, people still died...

(i consider yahoo news to be more pro israeli than not but i still take in their news- what matters is that i am objective)
the above article was a bit more anti- israel:

France, the United Nations and Red Cross demanded Israel open humanitarian corridors to allow life's necessities — shelter, food, water and medicine — to reach the swelling numbers of displaced people — an estimated half-million.

Responding to a U.S. request, Israeli Defense Minister Amir Peretz said French aid would be allowed into Lebanon's port of Sidon.

Last edited:
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/07/20/18289898.php

' The Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibits "collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism ..." (Article 33). According to Article 147 of the Convention, "extensive destruction ... not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly," hostage-taking and "torture or inhuman treatment" are grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions and constitute war crimes. All state parties to the Convention are required to search for and ensure the prosecution of perpetrators of grave breaches of the said Convention.

Protocol I Additional to the Geneva Conventions codifies the principle of distinction, a customary rule of international humanitarian law: "In order to ensure respect for and protection of the civilian population and civilian objects, the Parties to the conflict shall at all times distinguish between the civilian population and combatants and between civilian objects and military objectives and accordingly shall direct their operation only against military objectives." (Article 48). International Humanitarian Law strictly prohibits attacks against civilians and civilian objects. The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC) includes as war crimes: "Intentionally directing attacks against the civilian population as such or against individual civilians not taking direct part in hostilities", and "Intentionally directing attacks against civilian objects" (Article 8 2 (b) (i) and (ii)). '

Israel has commited war crimes. They are collectively punishing the lebanese people. Destroying civil infrastructure.
Israel has been saying opposities, which shows they havnt got their facts straight. First they declared war on Lebanon and the lebanese goverrnment. Saying lebanon commited an act of war against Israel. They threatened the lebanese people with "far reaching consequences". Now however after Bush says to protect the siniora government, and "protect the fragile lebanese democracy" Israel claims to be helping Lebanon, through the elimination of hezbolah.

Last edited by a moderator:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

$hiftyIceQueen said:
for ur information they didnt warn anyone until after they bombd lebanon u idiot. and the reason behind the kidnappin of the soldiers is cause there are thousands of leb + palestineians [how eva thats spelt] were kidnapped by israel, and to begin with israel was and still is stolen from Palestine which means that there shouldnt even b an israel now
They weren't the only people living there before 1948, show us your sources and check your spelling before you go calling somebody an idiot, its not like it shows.

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/07/20/18289898.php

' The Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibits "collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism ..." (Article 33). According to Article 147 of the Convention, "extensive destruction ... not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly," hostage-taking and "torture or inhuman treatment" are grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions and constitute war crimes. All state parties to the Convention are required to search for and ensure the prosecution of perpetrators of grave breaches of the said Convention.

Protocol I Additional to the Geneva Conventions codifies the principle of distinction, a customary rule of international humanitarian law: "In order to ensure respect for and protection of the civilian population and civilian objects, the Parties to the conflict shall at all times distinguish between the civilian population and combatants and between civilian objects and military objectives and accordingly shall direct their operation only against military objectives." (Article 48). International Humanitarian Law strictly prohibits attacks against civilians and civilian objects. The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (ICC) includes as war crimes: "Intentionally directing attacks against the civilian population as such or against individual civilians not taking direct part in hostilities", and "Intentionally directing attacks against civilian objects" (Article 8 2 (b) (i) and (ii)). '

Israel has commited war crimes. They are collectively punishing the lebanese people. Destroying civil infrastructure.
Israel has been saying opposities, which shows they havnt got their facts straight. First they declared war on Lebanon and the lebanese goverrnment. Saying lebanon commited an act of war against Israel. They threatened the lebanese people with "far reaching consequences". Now however after Bush says to protect the siniora government, and "protect the fragile lebanese democracy" Israel claims to be helping Lebanon, through the elimination of hezbolah.
that is your OPINION and this is my OPINION...

israel has NOT commited war crimes...because according to your quote from the Geneva Convention the destruction has to be "justified by military neccesaty" and for israel this is a very neccesary thing!! getting rid of the sources of such daily anguish and terror for the israeli people is vital in order to maintain soverignty within the nation!! these continued attacks must be stopped!! no country will accept continual bombings and disruptions to their daily lives!!

two your second quoted paragraph...israel justfies EVERY single one of its attacks (targeting hezbollah militants, hezbollah hideouts, hezbollah homes and hezbollah infrsatructre as well as any transport vehicle that they believe is carrying more weapons to militants to fire at israel - further disrupting daily lives!!) flyers were dropped all around lebanon firstly pre warning civilans of attacks and now urging them to leave the south!! (on many news networks i have seen people burning these flyers screaming their support for hezbollah - whats the bet theyre added into the death toll everyone loves to use?!?!)

israel has no intention of sacrificing its own soldiers to "punish" lebanon if it wanted to do that it wouldnt have waited it would have gone into lebanon upon the first rocket attack..and israel did not say theyre helping lebanon they said theyre helping the lebanese people! many arab nations AS WELL as yes you guessed it lebanons very own president believes that hezbollah should go...the same hezbollah that holds two positions within the cabinet!!

israel will NOT let these extremist militants run loose on its northern border!! enough is enough..

HSC
jenzipoo said:
please show me where your supposed angel group of people (hezbollah) warned people?!?!?!

no one excuses israel of being terrorists because they give warnings....by giving warnings they are in war terms more moral..

Definition of a terrorist:
a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

dont think israel is any of these...sorry

and to equate israel with hezbollah...wat a joke! so many discomparisons...wed be here all night!!
:burn:

man ur seriously stupid !!!!!!! they tell people to get out or else theyll bomb the place + wen people get out they bomb them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if they hadnt taken the thousands of arabs [some under 16] then there 2 soldiers wouldnt hav been taken!

bsides hezballah is doing the right thing they r defending there country !!!!!!!!!!
and y the hell is there a war just for 2 people have u eva thought of that???? if they werent they wouldnt start a war 4 no reason other than the fact they r power hungry! and how is it ok to kill hundreds of children??????????

since wen was it ok to say that just coz they warned people that they r attackin it means its fine? and 4 ur information it wasnt until approximately 100 people died that they started warning them

and wat bout the hundreds of children that died ?????? like hell they were warned!!! if they r trying to kill hezballah y r they aiming at journalists, airports, + other major links to the outside world etc etc...

by the way ...i would really like to know from all the people that died how many of them were part of hezballah?

please people u should keep those holes u call mouths closed if u dont know wat ur talkin about

before u talk jenipoo go check the history behind it!!!

GO LEBANON + HEZBALLAH

HSC
R.G. said:
Noone has been anti-muslim they have been anti terrorist ie hezbollah,hamas etc. But there has been plenty anti semitisim how unusual,
:ninja:
y is everyone here trying to make it sound like hamas and hezballah are terrorist organisations?

the reason hamas is involved is cause they had thousands of civilians killed or kidnapped by the israelis...and cause they want there land back ...since it was and still is STOLEN from them....

i would like to ask u all if say...Japan came and made Australia there country, kicked out half the nation out of there homes and killed or kidnapped the rest because they r so-called terrorists.............wat would u do? most likey answer would b fight with wat ever u can[ if u dont then ur just gonna die from the others anyways]

the how point of hamas is that they want there land back which i cant say is wrong ....

as for hezballah they want there people [who were also kindapped] back..and they want palestine to get there land back

my opinion ...the whole war in the middle east wouldnt hav started if it werent for israel.... why dont they just up and go .....usa seems to like them y cant they take em... and why is usa interferring??? they arent even asking for a cease fire !!!

another thing wat everyone sees on their tv aint everything if u chek the arab tv they hav so much abot israel and lebanon

and there was an aljezira camera man who got shot!!!!!!!!!! man i seriously had a feeling he was with hezballah [thats wat irael is probably sayin now]!!! really man who shots a camera man?????? oh .... yeah... sorry that was israel...

R.G.

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
y is everyone here trying to make it sound like hamas and hezballah are terrorist organisations?

the reason hamas is involved is cause they had thousands of civilians killed or kidnapped by the israelis...and cause they want there land back ...since it was and still is STOLEN from them....

i would like to ask u all if say...Japan came and made Australia there country, kicked out half the nation out of there homes and killed or kidnapped the rest because they r so-called terrorists.............wat would u do? most likey answer would b fight with wat ever u can[ if u dont then ur just gonna die from the others anyways]

the how point of hamas is that they want there land back which i cant say is wrong ....

as for hezballah they want there people [who were also kindapped] back..and they want palestine to get there land back

my opinion ...the whole war in the middle east wouldnt hav started if it werent for israel.... why dont they just up and go .....usa seems to like them y cant they take em... and why is usa interferring??? they arent even asking for a cease fire !!!

another thing wat everyone sees on their tv aint everything if u chek the arab tv they hav so much abot israel and lebanon

and there was an aljezira camera man who got shot!!!!!!!!!! man i seriously had a feeling he was with hezballah [thats wat irael is probably sayin now]!!! really man who shots a camera man?????? oh .... yeah... sorry that was israel...

You are telling everyone else to go check their facts, i think you should, oh or are u blinded by the biased shit you hear on the news. and they were warned hours and hours before anyone was killed, go learn your facts, because right now your the one who looks like, hmm how did you put it and "idiot"

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

man ur seriously stupid !!!!!!! they tell people to get out or else theyll bomb the place + wen people get out they bomb them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if they hadnt taken the thousands of arabs [some under 16] then there 2 soldiers wouldnt hav been taken!

bsides hezballah is doing the right thing they r defending there country !!!!!!!!!!
and y the hell is there a war just for 2 people have u eva thought of that???? if they werent they wouldnt start a war 4 no reason other than the fact they r power hungry! and how is it ok to kill hundreds of children??????????

since wen was it ok to say that just coz they warned people that they r attackin it means its fine? and 4 ur information it wasnt until approximately 100 people died that they started warning them

and wat bout the hundreds of children that died ?????? like hell they were warned!!! if they r trying to kill hezballah y r they aiming at journalists, airports, + other major links to the outside world etc etc...

by the way ...i would really like to know from all the people that died how many of them were part of hezballah?

please people u should keep those holes u call mouths closed if u dont know wat ur talkin about

before u talk jenipoo go check the history behind it!!!

GO LEBANON + HEZBALLAH
hahah im loving the ironic name calling..

believe you me i have a strong education on israel and the history behind the current situation...now let me teach YOU a lesson in history and the current situation so you cna keep YOUR mouth shut..

the captives israel currently hold are people that have activley tried to deny israel its right to existence and under criminial law within israel AND the world are rightfully allowed to be held prisoner...

NEWSFLASH hezbollah does not give a dam about lebanon...the country is their shield and they are doing more bad for it than good!!! they are mere messengers for syria and iran who have outright stated their support (financially included) for the group!!

let me explain another thing to your brainwashed self....this war is not over two soldiers...that was the last straw!!! israel and her citizens have long been under attack by this group on their northern border and when two of its soldiers are kidnapped by them crossing the Blue Line which is outlined in UN Resolution 1559 then israel sees this as an act of war...also in this reolustion was the agreement by lebanon to totally disarm hezbollah...not done

hahahaha israel power hungry....a country that pledges peace with all its neiughbours and seeks nothign but stability within the region is power hungry! sorry to break it to you btu israel will never get power of the region which is dominated by arab dictator run countries (excluding a few such as lebanon which is 'democratically' elected) israel succeeds in many other ways such as priding itself in its IT industry as well as in the medical and farming fields

no one is glorifying the death of children on either side, let alone civilians...and if they are they are sick....you need to realise if any other country was in israels place the death toll would be 10 times wat it is!!

they are aiming at airports etc because these are the ways in which a) hezbollah TERRORISTS can escape the country b) escape taking israel's soldiers with them c) get more weapons transported into lebanon by their funders syria and iran to fire at israeli CIVILIANS...it is rpeorted that about 100 hezbollah fighters have died and now with israels minor ground invasiont he majority of their bunkers will reveal this number to be higher as well as this their missile batteries will be destroyed!!

it is people like you that scare me...because your so uneducated AND believe the bias cap that youve received enough to actually do something stupid

HSC
R.G. said:
You are telling everyone else to go check their facts, i think you should, oh or are u blinded by the biased shit you hear on the news. and they were warned hours and hours before anyone was killed, go learn your facts, because right now your the one who looks like, hmm how did you put it and "idiot"
if they warned that they were gonna bomb the airport then y was everyone there u idiot?

sasha0101

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

HAHAHAHAHA - sorry pardon me! i'm so entertained by what you posted, you must be SO embarrassed!
i mean its one thing to be confused about the whole "israel stealing the land from the arabs" type thing (which by the way is wrong, cos the land was a part of the ottoman empire and then following the war was under UN control which then gave it israel...BUT YOU WOULDNT KNOW THAT)
and then there is the confusion you apparently have where israel is the agressor that goes and kills and kidnaps the arab population....HAHA WHAT WERE YOU SMOKING?! heard of gilad shalit or any of the other young boys that were kidnapped in the days leading up to this war? probably not...THEY WERE ISRAELIS KIDNAPPED BY ARABS! dont you know why the war has started?(-haha dumb question, obviously not!)...8 israelis were killed and 2 kidnapped...HENCE ISRAEL WOULD TAKE NO MORE!
oh and then there is the slight implication that involved Lebanon FIRST having missiles on their southern border to fly into northern israel.
i could go on...but you should go educate yourself!...haha that must be so embarrassing on your behalf!!!!

HSC
jenzipoo said:
hahah im loving the ironic name calling..

believe you me i have a strong education on israel and the history behind the current situation...now let me teach YOU a lesson in history and the current situation so you cna keep YOUR mouth shut..

the captives israel currently hold are people that have activley tried to deny israel its right to existence and under criminial law within israel AND the world are rightfully allowed to be held prisoner...

NEWSFLASH hezbollah does not give a dam about lebanon...the country is their shield and they are doing more bad for it than good!!! they are mere messengers for syria and iran who have outright stated their support (financially included) for the group!!

let me explain another thing to your brainwashed self....this war is not over two soldiers...that was the last straw!!! israel and her citizens have long been under attack by this group on their northern border and when two of its soldiers are kidnapped by them crossing the Blue Line which is outlined in UN Resolution 1559 then israel sees this as an act of war...also in this reolustion was the agreement by lebanon to totally disarm hezbollah...not done

hahahaha israel power hungry....a country that pledges peace with all its neiughbours and seeks nothign but stability within the region is power hungry! sorry to break it to you btu israel will never get power of the region which is dominated by arab dictator run countries (excluding a few such as lebanon which is 'democratically' elected) israel succeeds in many other ways such as priding itself in its IT industry as well as in the medical and farming fields

no one is glorifying the death of children on either side, let alone civilians...and if they are they are sick....you need to realise if any other country was in israels place the death toll would be 10 times wat it is!!

they are aiming at airports etc because these are the ways in which a) hezbollah TERRORISTS can escape the country b) escape taking israel's soldiers with them c) get more weapons transported into lebanon by their funders syria and iran to fire at israeli CIVILIANS...it is rpeorted that about 100 hezbollah fighters have died and now with israels minor ground invasiont he majority of their bunkers will reveal this number to be higher as well as this their missile batteries will be destroyed!!

it is people like you that scare me...because your so uneducated AND believe the bias cap that youve received enough to actually do something stupid
if u dont know wat hezballah is about then dont talk bout them! do u even knoe anything other then wat u read in books or wat ur "anti-terrorists" Israel says. it doesnt mean that if irael says sum1 is a terrorist that means they are. man i seriously feel sorry for people like YOU who believe anything they are told then think thats it this is right .... there is no way in hell that its ok for ISRAEL to kill hundreds and thousands of people just because they say yes well we warned them

u are the one who aeems to be listening to iraelis toooooooo much

if they bombed the airport bacuase hezballah can leave.. then yd they bomb areas where its known that only christian lebs live there???????hezballah aint gonna be there...oh wait ur gonna make up sumthin israel said then say it to me....and wat about the child that died... were they with hezballah or were they warned?????????? israel is just trying to destroy the country because they have done it befor eso they think they can do it again........

oh yeah they pledge peace... do u even know how many palestinians were killed and still are being killed even though they have nothing to do with the war... they pledge peace my ass...... man so many people dying is peace yeah right... besides u are geting ur information only from books and wateva israel says so thats bias... and hezballah are defending lebanon palestine and the islamic religion so wateva u say has no meaning to it...... oh yeah how many
people in israel died? and how many lebs died? and to top it off most were young children

its people like YOU that scare ME ur the one that seems to think that its fine that hundreds of people shound die just as long as a few people are captured...since u think that israel is doin a good job do u also believe that the camera man from aljazera deserved to be shot and before u say anything it went live on tv so it DID happen and the israelis were goin round more than once so they knew who he was and they shot him ...........that has nothing to do wiith war that is just israel wanting no one to know wat is hapenin

AND YES i am a supporter of hezballah and i dont really care about wat u say either

Last edited:

sasha0101

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
if they warned that they were gonna bomb the airport then y was everyone there u idiot?
Oh my god...stop!you've made an idiot out of yourself enough!!!haha talk about not seeing the bigger picture!
you are asking why "people" who go and blow themselves up dont leave a place after they are told israel will attack?!this way they can attempt to make their death look a tad more normla to the rest of the western world! these people dont care, they believe paradise awaits them!
israel calls or drops notices hours before they attack!
...embarrassment just continues aye?!

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:

hahahah again you cease to amaze me

firstly questioning hamas and hezbollah as terrorist organisations...it baffles me how you are cannot really understand how people call them this...wow...maybe beacuse within their charters they ouright belive that a whole country and people should be killed and they use such 'weaponry' ase suicude bombers chanting the name of allah and calling on a jihad!! and please refer to the definition i provided for a terrorist earlier....perfect match

secondly this anti semtic rubbish youre being fed about israel stealing the land from the arabs is absurd!! israel BOUGHT the land from the wealhty land owners that controlled it...they raised enough money and got money donated by philanthropists around the world who supportted the notion of a jewish state! then they still had to beat the british occupation and birtan decided to go to the UN which officially voted for Israel to be a country which was still AFTER they had bought the land...

so you tell me what was stolen?

israel will NEVER EVER "get up and go"

your pathetic and live in a blind bubble! israel has eveyr right to be a country and will defend itself against terrorists when they violate its right to live peacefully and exist!! israel has mad eveyr attempt with its arab neighbours for peace especially the palestinians...currently having peace agreements Jordan and Egypt as well as on numerous occasions offering the palestinains peace agrrements!! o but this is a power hungry country...wake up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)