Is your school behind in subjects? (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
wow i havn't heard of deputies teaching before, but good luck ^^

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
501n2u said:
Hey kiddos, are any of your schools behind in their teaching? My school is behind and it's quite worrying for me. We were told in Physics that compared to other schools we actually have one lesson less per week for our subjects. Another thing is that every school had their assessment blocks last term and we only had exams for a few subjects. I only had exams for maths and phys. All our other exams are pushed to next term. Is that bad? Also my school isn't going through the syllabus in the same order as stated. i.e. in eco we're starting with topic 3 first. Are any other schools doing the same? IM SO STRESSED ABOUT THIS. rararara. =]
I go to a pretty non-academic catholic school, not in the 200 top schoos list. Surprisingly, we're on target in the topics in (my) subjects compared with other schools.
Chemistry we're on target, except my teacher can't teach us for .... so i'm relying on my textbooks. I heard that north sydney boys finished module 1 in chemistry in the end of term 4 quite easily, whilst my school was just starting nuclear chemistry, so we're not too behind.
English adv, we're on target too, we started Module 2 which is 'In The Wild' because it's the longest module. Term 1 we're finishing off module 2 and starting A.O.S.
Bio we're on target, and in comparison with other schools we were actually infront by a bit. 2u maths we were kinda flying through the topics, felt sorry for the people in other schools who had to catch up on prelim stuff.

nitnit

HSC
our school is soooo behind in MATHS EXT1, that it is NOT funny..

starting yr12 term 2 and we are STILL LEARNING THE PRELIM TOPICS!!! People say that we are never going to finish the topics and after the TRIALS we will still be learning new topics... that is soo bad and yet outsiders say how good our school is.. O_O"

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^^^ i have a friend in a very similar situation to yours. so similar i think i might even know what school u go to :p

but yeah, dont worry, for a lot of my subjects our teachers have blatantly told us we wont finish before the trials
i'm planning to rely on textbooks to try finish b4hand....coz knowing me...if i was still learning new topics after the trials, i'd start to panic :)

nitnit

HSC
for maths we are learning sequences and series, in which is a 2U topic and in the prelim course! Teachers handed us the syllabus and the timing sheets from BOS but we dont even follow it... =O

i really hope, we learn things in time for the HSC. Other schools are doing integration and stuff whereas we only finished CALCULUS the last weeks of term1! Really starting to worry.. I guess we all need a tutor... :mad1:

501n2u

HSC
yoakim said:
I go to a pretty non-academic catholic school, not in the 200 top schoos list. Surprisingly, we're on target in the topics in (my) subjects compared with other schools.
Chemistry we're on target, except my teacher can't teach us for .... so i'm relying on my textbooks. I heard that north sydney boys finished module 1 in chemistry in the end of term 4 quite easily, whilst my school was just starting nuclear chemistry, so we're not too behind.
English adv, we're on target too, we started Module 2 which is 'In The Wild' because it's the longest module. Term 1 we're finishing off module 2 and starting A.O.S.
Bio we're on target, and in comparison with other schools we were actually infront by a bit. 2u maths we were kinda flying through the topics, felt sorry for the people in other schools who had to catch up on prelim stuff.

lols yoke, at least your school is about to start on nuclear chemistry! we've just started doing galvanic cells. as in, we've had one lesson on it -.-

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
nitnit said:
our school is soooo behind in MATHS EXT1, that it is NOT funny..

starting yr12 term 2 and we are STILL LEARNING THE PRELIM TOPICS!!! People say that we are never going to finish the topics and after the TRIALS we will still be learning new topics... that is soo bad and yet outsiders say how good our school is.. O_O"
Same here. Wow I never thought other people all ova were like me and hadn't finished prelim maths (2U and ext 1).

Sofstar

HSC
501n2u said:
lols yoke, at least your school is about to start on nuclear chemistry! we've just started doing galvanic cells. as in, we've had one lesson on it -.-
Damn your class! We haven't started galvanic cells yet, just wrapped up ethanol and what not. We're about 1/2 a topic behind........:mad1:

501n2u

HSC
Sofstar said:
Damn your class! We haven't started galvanic cells yet, just wrapped up ethanol and what not. We're about 1/2 a topic behind........:mad1:
lols are you in Dr.B's class?

Sofstar

HSC
501n2u said:
lols are you in Dr.B's class?
Yah. but i guess it's alright, if our who grade is at about the same point.

501n2u

HSC
Sofstar said:
Yah. but i guess it's alright, if our who grade is at about the same point.
aaaw i miss having Dr B rofl. he's really good if you talk to him one-on-one. i've got smeets atm, he's good too but only one-on-one har har har.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
501n2u said:
aaaw i miss having Dr B rofl. he's really good if you talk to him one-on-one. i've got smeets atm, he's good too but only one-on-one har har har.
Dr.B ? Dr.Balan ?
LOL I'm probably way off, but Dr.B reminded me of my Chem tutor.
Yeah & at school we havn't gotten up to galvanic cells yet.
Term 1 has come, and we're only 60% of the way through the first topic. ><" agh

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
We've only learnt up to ethanol in Chemistry.

hkgirl

HSC
my school is so behind in maths extension
because we do it after school hours
it keep getting putted off and "post-poned" to the weel after
which never happens
we are like 6 lessons behind in maths extension
and that's like stressing me out
cause my grade sucks already, and now that we are behind
we are sooo going to fail it.

may as well drop it now :(

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
In some subjects we don't seem behind because we always start a new topic at the start of the term, however we really are behind because we don't actually properly finish last term's topic's work before we start the new one.

Teddy Lee

HSC
i think i'd almost rather be behind and understand the concepts you have covered, rather than speeding ahead (try covering permutations and combinations in 2 lessons!!) and not understanding and having to go over it urself

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Perm. & Comb. wasn't even in our text books, so we got photocopied questions (out of another text book) with just answers, we couldn't figure them out, teacher could hardly figure them out...but there not that bad, I even helped a guy here! :)

In prelim physics we covered "The Cosmic Engine" in 2 weeks, seriously. The teacher realised we had run out of time so he put the whole topic into an assignment which we had to do and hand it in to be marked before the yearly, except he realised we couldn't finish it so we handed our assignments in the day of our yearly and then did the yearly with the 'cosmic engine' stuff in it without having it marked, so we could have gotten stuff totally wrong in the assignment and then get them totally wrong again in the yearly daaarh!

After I have no re-collection of anything within that topic, none-what-so-ever. I'm sure space and astrophysics is linked to it somehow...:confused:

I really, really hope this doesn't happen again.

Queen Anna

University Gal
HSC
my class is seriously behind in sac (society and culture) all we do is sit around and watch videos all day. we havent finished continuity and hcnage which is the core study and we r meant to be starting christianity in term 1. so far our personal interest projects havent even been metioned and they r a major work and i fully don't know what to do :eek:

----------------------------------------------------------------
ancient history, advanced english, english ext 1 , english ext 2, drama, society and culture, history ext

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)