Is This Year's HSC Easy? (1 Viewer)

Keelan134

HSC
Every subject I read there is an almost uniform agreement that their exams were very easy. Is it because the tests are very easy, or because a majority of the clientèle on this site are learned students? Just saying because everything has been very easy, maybe that'll follow into Physics and Chem, or it will build us up then tear us crashing down? thoughts?

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
My thoughts:

English Adv P1: moderate-hard
English Adv P2: moderate
MX2: moderate
MX1: easy

but yeah, there's some selection bias here. Everyone who's on this forum presumably cares about their schooling and results.

shangg

HSC
Eng P1: different and ambiguous at times, but pretty moderate.
Eng P2: moderate/mostly generic with a bit of a twist.
Economics: Very generic. Standard of responses will be very high for people who studied.
MX2: Unpredictable. Mostly focused on harder 3u which was challenging. Weird format.
MX1: Easy, but room for error (such as the conversion of units, etc). And again, the cutoff % wont change dramatically because of the different format.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely this board is not a good representation of the average student opinion.

I loved Paper Two, but most people in my school hated, hated it. Most people though Paper 1 was hard too. Maths people thought was okay except Q16. Bio I thought it wasn't a too bad paper, but many people in my school hated the 8 marker, 5 marker communication and the MC.

mike12345678

HSC
^ so true.

but to be honest i actually found this years papers to be weird. like have different questions that you wouldn't expect to come up

eng paper 1 moderate - hard
eng paper 2 moderate
bio - moderate the 5 marker for comm was a little tricky, and it wasnt extremely syllabus based- a lot more marks on skills
maths 2u - question 16 took me ages
maths 3u - pretty fair test but i found a few questions difficult like the last part

so honestly i think the answer to this question depends on
a) the amount youve studied
b) whether the questions you get favour your responses/likes etc
c) many other reasons haah

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
This forum is a terrible representation.
Haha I know right, you guys don't realise the range in the state. Someone I know rocked up 30 mins late to general maths yesterday and slept through it. Same kid who ate magnesium before dropping out of my chem class at the end of yr 11.
Most people on here are far more studious and ambitious then I on here, and even so 95% of people on here are looking for 90+ ATARS.

RishBonjour

HSC
Haha I know right, you guys don't realise the range in the state. Someone I know rocked up 30 mins late to general maths yesterday and slept through it. Same kid who ate magnesium before dropping out of my chem class at the end of yr 11.
Most people on here are far more studious and ambitious then I on here, and even so 95% of people on here are looking for 90+ ATARS.
ahah, some people in my school didn't even turn up.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
ahah, some people in my school didn't even turn up.
Yeah that's happened too at mine. One kid rocks in like 30 mins late to them all. Figures, he's in one of my classes and I swear he was in class with me 10 times the entire year.

I'm still proud of them making the effort to turn up when it most counts haha, they'll get their hsc grad so it's good. School's not everyone's cup of tea, and I prefer the ones not turning up to actively disruptive people.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
Let's just say I wouldn't write an article based on information collated on here as representation of the entire student body of a state. But that's just me and my issue with utter inaccuracy.

freeeeee

HSC
This forum is a terrible representation.
Nooblet summed it all up perfectly lol,

The people on this forum (although not necessarily all high achievers i.e 90+ Atar) are some what committed and engaged with their education.

But nevertheless here is my opinion on the HSC thus far...
English Paper 1: Moderate (some people may say it was difficult, yes i agree to some extent as "time" is not really a major theme in the belonging triangle, on the Board of Studies Website.
Personally i found it easy, maybe a bit demanding on the actual time component, as i found i was rushed for time.

Eng Adv Paper 2: Mod B stumped me, aww i hate Faith now... But it was my fault i ignored that speech hahah. Other 2 modules very easy especially the conflicting, so i would say moderate exam

Economics: Easy exam, although for many people i feel that attempted the economic policies and CAD essay may not of done as well as they thought, although my opinion is obviously bias as i did the "structure of industry" and case study essays (the ones i deemed harder and will have higher optional scaling), this is because a Case Study essay hasnt been a option of the 4 essays for many years (althought it has frequently been part of SA) and the "structure of industry" essay Q has never been done before (although you could argue globalisation, protection, free trade essay Q) are quite similar, that essay Q was very current focus so yeh...

Maths 2U: Easy-Moderate exam haha, gave many people a really good chance to score high marks, sigh i feel dissapointed as i should have got like 95 raw, but silly mistakes grr, prob only like 85 now.

Maths 3U: Easy Exam, gave people like me (2U + 3U) Maths people a "fair go"

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
Honestly imma be straight with you here it's mainly because bos users care about their studies hence they're on this website and that's why they find it's an easy exam because the HSC exams are meant to be challenging yet very easily achievable for kids who try. Sometimes the level of difficult of exams fluctuate but if you're truly ready you should be able to kick them up the ass. My personal opinion is this years has been challenging yet fair. Even though I do study I still found them a little bit difficult but then again majority of people on this site are aiming for 90+ atars and I'm not.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
..wut.

Let's just say I wouldn't write an article based on information collated on here as representation of the entire student body of a state. But that's just me and my issue with utter inaccuracy.
loool Amy McNeilage.

To be honest, I prefer people to not even turn up than turn up and barely try in the exam.
Why? It's not like it affects you.

HSC
Uni Grad
There are about 21 or so in my grade of 86 who do Standard, I was really surprised that three students turned up because they don't try in class and never turned up sometimes or arrive 59 minutes late, with a minute to spare in class.
English Paper 1 - Moderate - I found it okay, not over the top hard, but not ridiculously easy
English Paper 2 - Moderate - Again, okay.
Drama - Easy/Moderate - Straight forward, easy. But then when I walked out of the exam I could add a page or more of content which I slipped out during the heat of the moment.

vinhkn

HSC
Engineering was really hard. The rest were easy. So far. Hoping phys and chem aren't hard

cookeemonstah

HSC
chill ppls, 0.5 - 1% (500-1000ppl) of the state browse this site, and most who do actually care about their ATARs so they actually study,

So though the exams seem easy, to the average student they may perceive it as slightly more difficult.

madharris

HSC
N/A
English 1: Pretty easy
English 2: Bit more harder
Biology: Not really sure, all my cohort found it hard however everyone on this forum said it was easier than last year (i don't think so though)... hard (i guess)
Maths: Easy
Music: Very Easy

chill ppls, 0.5 - 1% (500-1000ppl) of the state browse this site, and most who do actually care about their ATARs so they actually study
Lol i come here to procrastinate. So I don't feel guilty I try to help other people and reason with myself that it's not procrastinating because it an 'educational' forum :cry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)