Is there something wrong with my car?? (2 Viewers)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yeh autos do it best m8, its really hard to work the brake, clutch and accel at the same time, whereas in most auto rwds, just mash the trottle and brake and it should light up
you just press the accelerator and brake with your right foot and then once you let the clutch out and light em up you can move your left to the brake to get better control

HSC
Although you don't sound terribly mechnically minded so idk
it won't cost much for a mechanic to do it properly

HSC
idk it's pretty hard to not stall it lol something about auto non stally makes it easier/possible

can do it in my hilux on low range, so much mechanical torque somethings

kooltrainer

HSC
i have no freaking idea what u car nerds are talking about.. clutch, hilux, chasis, throttle..

ok nvm..

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
why the fuck are you trying to rev the engine on a camry

oh big man with your 2.2l 4cy engine

tryna show off to the ladies how your vtec kicks in?

*im not sure if camrys have vtec but w/e

mOusaa

HSC

lol vtec is honda only.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Could have the V6 engine in it.

The handbrake on my Falcon is super strong... That's what I get for having an umbrella handbrake. I can pull it on full, facing down a pretty steep hill, floor it and it just goes to the stall point. Doesn't move.

I swear it's meant to be a truck handbrake.

kooltrainer

HSC
so if u accelerate hard with handbrake on.. it doesnt move an inch? wow.. what a big difference.. lucky i didnt have to do hill start in my drving test.. it would've been dangerous..

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
so if u accelerate hard with handbrake on.. it doesnt move an inch? wow.. what a big difference.. lucky i didnt have to do hill start in my drving test.. it would've been dangerous..
Lol.

It's literally like a handbrake from a little two tonne truck. If I pull it at 100km/h the wheels just... Stop and slide... But my car is a freak.

Umbrella style FTW!

astroe

HSC
Hm, shouldn't you have your foot on the foot brake unless you intend to use the accelerator? Then this whole "handbrake not grabbing between gear changes" thing wouldn't be a problem.

Although now that I think about it, I think I may have a similar problem. When parking I pull the handbrake as normal, and put the car into park, but it rolls slightly before you near a click, which I believe is the parking pawl stopping the car. I do generally park on a downward decline though. Not saying that the car moves between gear shifts, but the handbrake must be weak or something.

Zozo6969

HSC
handbrakes are typically very weak, there just these small shoes on the rear wheels. there principle function isnt to be able to slow u down, thats why u have foot brakes. there just meant to hold the car when it is stationary.

To stop the car rolling when u put it in park and the handbrake on, put it in neutral first and apply the handbrake, and then let ur foot off the brakes. The car will then be resting on the handbrake, and then shift it into park, so it isnt resting on the parking pawl.

HSC
i dont think you understand

he isnt talking about those few inches of movement you get from the suspension taking the pressure of the handbrake or whatever

his handbrake just doesnt work, his car rolled several metres

solution
mechanic
adjust handbrake

that is all

HSC
i no what u mean.. tht happens when i put in parking gear and let go off my foot brake.. and the car jolts a bit..

but not this one .. it rolled all the way out of my garage and into the street with my handbrake still on lol...

It sounds easy to fix my loose handbrake... is there like an instruction vid?
um

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The handbrake is pretty much just for hill starts and backup, leaving the car in park/gear is much more effective.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
dude the torque required to turn an engine with the valves closed is not exactly unappreciable, especially when it's on all the cylinders at once

edit: after some quick sums, the maximum torque required to compress a single cylinder of an engine completely is about 133 N.m. I used the toyota 2.5L 4-cyl to do my calcs but yeah

and fuck you I cbf working out how much torque is applied by a car but it depends on gear ratio tyre size, mass of car, and of course the slope.

Last edited:

kooltrainer

HSC
omg, whoever told me that reving can be done if u put on neutral and accelerate.. well it doesnt.. and i discovered that accidently when i was waiting for traffic light, i put on neutral n forgot to put back to drive when im ready to go.. My car jus went straight(it went forward but obviously very slowly).... it would've been dangerous if i put on neutral n accelerate in my garage.. it'l crash ffs..

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
omg, whoever told me that reving can be done if u put on neutral and accelerate.. well it doesnt.. and i discovered that accidently when i was waiting for traffic light, i put on neutral n forgot to put back to drive when im ready to go.. My car jus went straight(it went forward but obviously very slowly).... it would've been dangerous if i put on neutral n accelerate in my garage.. it'l crash ffs..
Obviously wasnt in neutral then hey.

Wait were you on a incline, if so you are fucking daft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)