• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is there anyone else who took year 11 too seriously?? (1 Viewer)

L3374

HSC
Just wondering, coz only now am i realizing i took it WAAAAY too seriously. and im freaking out at all the time i wasted. =(

anyone else?
any side effects?
regrets?

lychnobity

HSC
Side effects? HSC burnout

I took it too seriously. It's stupid, the only worthwhile subject in prelim year is maths.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I took year 7-10 too seriously :). Year 11 is the year i had my mental breakdown but it turns out it's much worse and have been seeing Drs. Getting better now and will take year 12 seriously.

Yes, i was planning to take year 11 seriously as well. *sigh*

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i've never taken any school work seriously, this attitude won't change when i begin term four. i cannot seem to make myself care.

L3374

HSC
Gahh
seriously though, i look back and think "shit in sandwich!" and i keep telling my younger sister to fuck up as much as she wants (there's a limit though) and coz im the oldest my mother now thinks i'm what a normal high school kid is and when i want to relax shes like ZOMGGG!! ARE YOU BLUDGING??! *gasp!!*
and im like no im being normal...

ffs.

I feel soo freaking drained.

i have so many certificates and what not from 7-11 and i feel like burning all of them.
now i look back they're all worthless.
WHERE AM I GONNA USE THEM?
Cash converters won't even take 'em.
-.-

dux&src

HSC
i've never taken any school work seriously, this attitude won't change when i begin term four. i cannot seem to make myself care.
lol? In year 12 i really plan to take it all to the next level with my studies. Really want to push myself to complete all homework/assignments/exams to the best of my ability like i've done in years 7-10. :D

I guess each to their own. I still don't really know what course i want to get into for uni. :( *sigh*

dux&src

HSC
Gahh
seriously though, i look back and think "shit in sandwich!" and i keep telling my younger sister to fuck up as much as she wants (there's a limit though) and coz im the oldest my mother now thinks i'm what a normal high school kid is and when i want to relax shes like ZOMGGG!! ARE YOU BLUDGING??! *gasp!!*

ffs.

i have so many certificates and what not from 7-11 and i feel like burning all of them.
-.-
I feel just like you lol. Everything i achieved in years 7-10 really wasn't all that important. It's not going to get me into university. All those years i could have spent on enjoying myself more often and working more hours at a part-time job for a lil more cash.
:(
Then maybe start to work a bit harder in year 11 and then year 12 kick it up a gear. I know a student who graduated in 2008 who was an average student in years 7-10 didn't get a band 6 in SC but ended up receiving a UAI in the mid 97s. He told me that he had to work really hard in year 11 though to cover the basic concepts and everything for maths that was missed during years 7-10 as a result of laziness. Lol

So yes you can bum around in years 7-10 ...Wish i did that :) *sigh*

lychnobity

HSC
lol? In year 12 i really plan to take it all to the next level with my studies. Really want to push myself to complete all homework/assignments/exams to the best of my ability like i've done in years 7-10. :D

I guess each to their own. I still don't really know what course i want to get into for uni. :( *sigh*
That's what we all say...

Gahh

ffs.

-.-
haha, same here. Only thing they're good for is bragging

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

believe me, i wish i had your motivation. you will do brilliantly in the HSC with that attitude, i'm sure you will figure out what it is you want to do in life soon enough.

for example, i am now 500 words into my extension portfolio which is due tomorrow.

the fact i'm an insomniac does help though :)

dux&src

HSC
That's what we all say...

haha, same here. Only thing they're good for is bragging
In year 7 i didn't actually really study you know? I did all my homework and put a lot of effort into my assignments, i thought what i was doing was average even normal. But then i started to realise that not everyone is like that.

I know most people have unrealistic promises they make to themselves before starting year 12 but they don't end up following through with it. I know i can because i've been able to work to the best of my ability before. :) Just year 11 where i've been seeing drs and all.

dux&src

HSC
believe me, i wish i had your motivation. you will do brilliantly in the HSC with that attitude, i'm sure you will figure out what it is you want to do in life soon enough.

for example, i am now 500 words into my extension portfolio which is due tomorrow.

the fact i'm an insomniac does help though :)
Hehe, insomniac really? What times do you tend to fall asleep and wake up hey? How many hours of sleep did you get last night?

More hours to do work i spose. :)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Hehe, insomniac really? What times do you tend to fall asleep and wake up hey? How many hours of sleep did you get last night?

More hours to do work i spose. :)
it varies, if i sleep its between the hours of four and seven.
sometimes i don't sleep for days.
and every now and then i collapse and sleep for days.
didn't sleep last night, or the night before and i have extension to do tonight so its not looking too good :)

Lukybear

HSC
Well I trying hard in year 11 perhaps isnt that much of a bad thing. It is rather a experience, of pre-HSC expansion and growth of the mind. I mean, obviously we'll all go the extra mile in year 12, but going to university will require hardwork. So will getting a job etc etc...

Anywaz, who says we cant try really hard but still have a life?

L3374

HSC
I even had a sort of God Complex

this is how my convo's went

random person: OMG i got like 80% in the exam
Me: is that a first for you?
random: yeah!!
Me: whoa i'd call that average for me. *innocent smile* so did you get any awards?
random: no. i was average in everything else. so no.
Me: I did.
random: cool..
Me: I know. I guess mum will have to buy me another camera/ipod/phone/tv as a reward.
random: *silence*
Me: Anywho, enjoy your mark. toodles!
random: *mumble* bye..

I made everyone feel like shit even if they did good.

*sigh*

L3374

HSC
Well I trying hard in year 11 perhaps isnt that much of a bad thing. It is rather a experience, of pre-HSC expansion and growth of the mind. I mean, obviously we'll all go the extra mile in year 12, but going to university will require hardwork. So will getting a job etc etc...

Anywaz, who says we cant try really hard but still have a life?
Touche.
But it's really hard. srsly.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
i still blugded heaps, and got lazy, Compared to year 10, i m alot better. I got so much things to do by 2mrrow and have onyl done maths so far. argh

Lukybear

HSC
Well, Id guess we all have to learn to change someday. One's adolescence is a period of exponential persoanl growth, in both mind body and soul. It is a great sign, to recognise one's foibles. It's symbolic for the personal becoming, of change going to occur.

I belive for you, that God Complex will certainly be wearing thin, and will soon de destroyed altogether.

In all honesty, what is done is done, and we can only look forward to the future.

speedofsound

HSC
[2]

although i think the only time i have been genuinely stressed over an assessment was today, now that we're really starting to get into things and get into pre-hsc topics.

not a good feeling. i feel better now though... fucken hormones

dux&src

HSC
[2]

although i think the only time i have been genuinely stressed over an assessment was today, now that we're really starting to get into things and get into pre-hsc topics.

not a good feeling. i feel better now though... fucken hormones
I'm stressing over an ext maths test. :(

Lol oh and an assessment taask i almost forgot about till this second as i write this post ..ZOMG!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)