Is there anybody who thinks they have a BAD cohort this year? (1 Viewer)

S_A_M_U_t

HSC
I'm in the worst cohort.... Our legal studies teacher told us today "The whole staff are talking about you all.... Your marks are just so bad. It's like, every subject.... I feel for you guys." Wow, not surprising. The year before us were the "Let's get drunk" group, the year below us are the "We struggle but soldier on" group.... And us, we are the "Laid-back-dumb-shit" group. Oh well, our class wasn't surprised about the teachers talking about us. Highest ATAR will probably be 88-ish this year. Guess it's my fault as well cause I've gotten so lazy. I had a chance to beat them all (They're not really that smart - I'm not up my self or anything, serious), yet I'm just been too lazy, and big headed by telling myself "No worries, I'm smart. I don't have to study! Muhahahaha" It's my fault and If I could change back time, I would. Do you think I have a chance to get an 80+ ATAR if I've averaged 40% in my trials. I think not -_-

mac_attack94

HSC
hopefully my cohort will be the best ever. i know that we still hold the record for the best school certificate results at our school ever!!

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in the worst cohort.... Our legal studies teacher told us today "The whole staff are talking about you all.... Your marks are just so bad. It's like, every subject.... I feel for you guys." Wow, not surprising. The year before us were the "Let's get drunk" group, the year below us are the "We struggle but soldier on" group.... And us, we are the "Laid-back-dumb-shit" group. Oh well, our class wasn't surprised about the teachers talking about us. Highest ATAR will probably be 88-ish this year. Guess it's my fault as well cause I've gotten so lazy. I had a chance to beat them all (They're not really that smart - I'm not up my self or anything, serious), yet I'm just been too lazy, and big headed by telling myself "No worries, I'm smart. I don't have to study! Muhahahaha" It's my fault and If I could change back time, I would. Do you think I have a chance to get an 80+ ATAR if I've averaged 40% in my trials. I think not -_-
Yes dude think optimistic.. the trials were the pass now think the external.. the HSC is the real game man...

just do your best and don't be nostalgic =((.. try your hardest and yeah dw you'll get your atar.. not 99+ of course but yes

S_A_M_U_t

HSC
Yes dude think optimistic.. the trials were the pass now think the external.. the HSC is the real game man...

just do your best and don't be nostalgic =((.. try your hardest and yeah dw you'll get your atar.. not 99+ of course but yes
Thankyou.... That's actually the first time someones said that to me (I'm no sad case, lol), but yeah. I see in your signature your a Christian? Hi-five! Just gotta do out best for the man upstairs.... Good luck with your studies.

Peace.

13abie

HSC
If your cohort is as bad as you say they are, then 40% might mean a decent rank, and a decent rank means your externals will go further. If you want your 80+, or the 90+ in your sig, its time to go all out. Id get off this site for starters

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Thought my cohort was good until I got trials back.
How the fuck did I get 2nd in chem with 71?! 70 fucking 1!!! I fucking didn't even study the night before and fucking walked out thinking I had done shit and failed and turns out everyone else was just as fucked. I mean what the fuck?!
Shit…
Also I'm glad I do mx2 because all but 6 people out of like 26 failed mathematics. Lol. The marks range from 110 to around 4 or something. Lol.
But yeah I'm pretty sure my cohort is alright but last year's mx1 and mx2 classes destroy us. I think chem is about the same. I think bio is better this year. Sor2 is better this year. English standard is better this year too. Everything else I don't really care about but I think is worse.

tambam

HSC
This year's cohort won't live up to our school's high expectations. That said, we're not going to drop our spectacular school rank for a looooong long time. :D!
Do you go to ruse

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I'm a 2012er,

I reckon the 2010 were the best cohort ever, closely by the 2007, the 2011 cohort will drop the school rank a bit I reckon, but I think my year will redeem it quite but not back up to 2010 glory.

jnney

lemon
HSC
My 2012 cohort will be a hell of a lot stronger than the previous years. Anticipation for rank 60-70s.

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
With the new leaving age thing how you have to be 17 and over or something, a lot of the people in my grade couldn't drop out in Year 10 so I think my cohort will be crap comparatively.

jessxxr

HSC
With the new leaving age thing how you have to be 17 and over or something, a lot of the people in my grade couldn't drop out in Year 10 so I think my cohort will be crap comparatively.
:O no wayyyy! our cohort is gonna be so much better than last years, last year they only had around 5-10 really good people, everyone else was pretty damn shitty, & although we have lots of stupid people we also have our fair share of talent :D

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
:O no wayyyy! our cohort is gonna be so much better than last years, last year they only had around 5-10 really good people, everyone else was pretty damn shitty, & although we have lots of stupid people we also have our fair share of talent :D
just some psychological trend that happens every year where everyone thinks they have the best cohort?
Steph, Rachel, Joey, Claudia and you are the only people who I think will do well.

jessxxr

HSC
Steph, Rachel, Joey, Claudia and you are the only people who I think will do well.
awww yay i'm in your little list :3 also, you should definately note how they are all girls!! :p
anyways, besides that, there's guys too, how about everyone in MX2? they're all pretty intelligent, and abdula and zainab and leah, they'll go good. and im sure there's some underdogs hiding in our year too..somewhere :)

Last edited:

jessxxr

HSC
lol just because someone does a particular subject doesn't mean they're good at it e.g. if I did English Extension.
lol well i don't personally know how they're doing, they just seem like a really smart group of guys, so i just assumed they were doing ok, i guess not..

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
lol well i don't personally know how they're doing, they just seem like a really smart group of guys, so i just assumed they were doing ok, i guess not..
Well obviously they're best maffs students in the whole grade and by quite a huge margin (top mark of non-4U in 3U was ~70%, lowest mark of 4U in 3U was 85%, in the last assessment), but course average in 4U is still only 60% lol.

Kevin and Josh may do well, they're top 3 in all their other subjects so idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)