Is there any way I can improve my handwriting? (1 Viewer)

Badberries

HSC
My handwriting is shocking when I try to write fast, which is in fact incredibly slow.

I need to improve speed and neatness, is there a way I can do this? It is essential and often leads to me getting worse marks as I can't get everything down as fast as I think.

Cheers

Gigacube

HSC
Before you can work on speed you should work on the neatness of your writing. You just need to practice writing words slowly and neatly until you get the hang of it then you can work on speed.

lil_pembo

HSC
We were told about these pens that help your writing be neater, they are like a U ontop of the pen.
As for speed, a little trick is to tape some batteries or other small weight to the top of your pen so that when you write in class your writing muscle strengthens, then when in the test take your weight off then you can write really fast :)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Alternatively purchase a pen in which the ink flows smoothly.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm afraid people will laugh at me. :(
Get a LAMY, like a boss.

lil_pembo

HSC
I've found that using a fine pen instead of a medium pen can help with neatness.
Really? My friend has shocking handwriting, (but somehow didnt qualify for a writer?) but his handwriting improved when he used a thicker point, the writing was much more legible. Guess it is the individual..

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Practice Practice Practice...

Concentrate on individual letters, make sure all are readable and then your words will be readible. Also make sure to print at first, don't worry about cursive writing until later (if at all). Try a variety of pens, some find that 'inkier' pens work better whereas others prefer 'less inky' pens ~sorry for my horrible explanation. So just, a try out a few different types of pens.

Also, as aforementioned in thread, this battery-tip, I wouldn't recommend. It makes the pen uneven in weight, and your hand accustoms to that even weight, then once you take the battery off you won't write any faster nor neater. (I have seen several people attempt this, and majority of the time writing looked the same if not worse).

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Take Drongoski's writing class and buy a free flowing pen with a narrow tip (less friction)

also taping batteries to your pen is bullshit

HSC
Uni Grad
with a narrow tip (less friction)
Broad tips are smoother, the writing surface (paper) is soft so a broad tip spreads the load as to not dig into the paper as a narrow tip would, imagine writing with a needle etc.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Broad tips are smoother, the writing surface (paper) is soft so a broad tip spreads the load as to not dig into the paper as a narrow tip would, imagine writing with a needle etc.
Yeah, theres that too. Need to strike an equilibrium between broad tip and needle tip.

Meanwhile, digging into the paper isnt a problem if you don't push down hard on the pen. This is just me, but personally I prefer the very thin tip pens because they have comparable speeds to gel pens, but are far neater. I think the tipping point is the width of the tip: wider tips means you have to write more.. 'wildly' whereas a thin tip encourages writing conservatively and small.

nb2594

HSC
N/A
yehhhh there is firstly practise writing out letters n to make u write faster put a battery on ur pen everytime u go to class n especially when u write an english essay then when it comes to an exam u naturally write faster n it worksss so use itt

RANK 1

HSC
i find taping car batteries to your pen helps in exams. once you get them off writing speed goes over 9000

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
if you cut your balls off you'll stop producing male hormones and thus write neater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)