• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there any hope for us kids? (1 Viewer)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
jimmayy said:
theres a school around plumpton called richard johnson they have approx 18 students in year currently this year. Its weird.
My grade is only 68 kids
*Shrug*
We really want another enrollment.. just to make it 69.
<.<

blomo

HSC
Alfred.Einstein said:
hahaha there is hope!
and it is called not procrastinating.

trust me, it is much more consoling being at the top of a non selective school then at the bottom of one. (that is just a confidence killer)

dont take it for granted that selective school kids have an already pre conceived high UAI (90+) cos we dont.

its all about hard work.

the only thing that pushes us to want to do well or get a high UAI is the competition and rivalry between the students.

if some of you went to a selective school you would be surprised at how study driven everyone is, only due to the fact that they want to beat their peers.

it truly is painful. but hopefully worth it in the end.
some people may not agree, but deep down i think that is the truth.

as long as you can be in the top 20% or smth out of the students doing the subject a normal school. i think thats pretty good

it kills you when you get 1 mark lower then your friend, yet you are ranked 15 places below them.
welcome to a selective school. :)
I'm surprised that you go to a selective school, the way you write.
This is a lie. We are hardly study-driven. Whatever that means.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Alfred.Einstein said:
the only thing that pushes us to want to do well or get a high UAI is the competition and rivalry between the students.

if some of you went to a selective school you would be surprised at how study driven everyone is, only due to the fact that they want to beat their peers.
um no. what sort of selective school are you at? it's not rivalry, it's personal achievement. and when you have a cohort who are high achievers, they're more close in terms of spread of marks, which means a better uai for all.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Im not worried. Train Driving is the way to go. 90k woot.

FuseNick

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
My grade is only 68 kids
*Shrug*
We really want another enrollment.. just to make it 69.
<.<
That will be as close as you will ever get.

wintering

HSC
wendus said:
um no. what sort of selective school are you at? it's not rivalry, it's personal achievement. and when you have a cohort who are high achievers, they're more close in terms of spread of marks, which means a better uai for all.
so you're saying that there's no rivalry or competition between kids in selective schools? i used to attend a selective school, and the desire to beat out others in a subject was definitely a motivating factor, especially among the top-performing students. besides, personal achievement and rivalry are not mutually exclusive. clearly, you cannot speak for all selective schools, only your own, so quit it with the "um no. what sort of selective school are you at?". you sound like an ass, to be honest.

blomo

HSC
wintering said:
so you're saying that there's no rivalry or competition between kids in selective schools? i used to attend a selective school, and the desire to beat out others in a subject was definitely a motivating factor, especially among the top-performing students. besides, personal achievement and rivalry are not mutually exclusive. clearly, you cannot speak for all selective schools, only your own, so quit it with the "um no. what sort of selective school are you at?". you sound like an ass, to be honest.
The people at selective schools, or any school for that matter (I'm looking at you sonya), who are "top-performing students" that use competition as motivation need to wake up and realise that the students in their class are not the people they will be "competing" against in the HSC, it will be the whole state.

Get some perspective, people.

MorningsEleven

HSC
I don't even go to a selective school, and it's competitive! I'm dying to beat my friend at just one subject (coz he's far too smart for me. Haha), and it's the same for a fair few of the kids in my year. I don't see why you should have to be at a selective school for it to be competitive. But I agree, if you're going to be competitive then you need to understand that it's the whole state, not just the people you know. It should only be for a bit of fun, coz you can only do your best.

Last edited:

bubblesss

HSC
MorningsEleven said:
I don't even go to a selective school, and it's competitive! I'm dying to beat my friend at just one subject, and it's the same for a fair few of the kids in my year. I don't see why you should have to be at a selective school for it to be competitive.
very true but u see the people at selective schools will be even smarter:uhhuh:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
bubblesss said:
very true but u see the people at selective schools will be even smarter:uhhuh:
You're only assured of that if you look at the top people at a selective school. Some of the guys in the middle are abit mediocre.

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
Oh. Wow. I feel so out of my depth right now since even though at my school I'm one of the 'smart' kids (I use the term ironically), I know I'm nothing special when you compare me to the rest of the state... XP

Oh well, not getting '99.7' for you UAI isn't the end of the world, and there is life outside schooling. I've found that whenever I get a bit 'OMG I SUCK SO MUCH WHY BOTHER TRYING I'M JUST GOING TO FAIL???!!!! that's what I'll think of :) It takes so much of the pressure off, and then I can just focus on trying my hardest.

So yeah... WOOT for the stress free exams! XP :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)