Is there any hope for us kids? (1 Viewer)

sirenxx

HSC
ok my yr is pretty small
only 95 students
n im semi smart in that im nearer 2 the top. but def not that smart
but as my englsih teacher likes 2 remind us there r kids out there who r like full tryin at skool
n that got me thinkin like wat hope is there for the average kiddies
like we r bascially competin against the whole of NSW
n wat bout selective skools n the hundreds of nerds just waitin 2 scale o so much higher than us

how negative =]

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you're gonna get your ass whipped by the top selective schools. there IS no hope.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
My advice is the obvious;

Be above average and stop being a drop kick.
Of course you're competing against other students in the state, otherwise what would the point of the HSC/UAI be?

sirenxx

HSC
wendus said:
you're gonna get your ass whipped by the top selective schools. there IS no hope.
yup i knew it
yet we r still gonna "try" n kill ourselves with stress for a number
sum girl went crazy wen i sed i wanted 2 be a housewife
i think its a smart idea. marry rich n not hav 2 worry!!

-tal-

HSC
Well, if you stop thinking about everyone else and concentrate on your own game, you might become one of them.

What if you're semi smart? You still have a chance at kicking everyones ass anyway.. confidence man. Confidence.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I would love to be a housewife tbh.
I'd run an efficient household that was clean, well managed, financially planned and provided for.
I'd watch Dr Phil and Oprah, sip coffee, read books about post modernism and astrophysics, write and publish poetry.

Maybe when I get older and am sick of working. I'll be a housewife and go to uni on the side and do flamboyant and intellectual but impractical degrees.

bubblesss

HSC
obviously some of u have a very pessimistic approach. who cares if selective school students r smarter. as long as u work hard (as much as them) then ur sure to get a UAI of even 100.:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

sirenxx

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
My advice is the obvious;

Be above average and stop being a drop kick.
Of course you're competing against other students in the state, otherwise what would the point of the HSC/UAI be?
u kinda missed the point
i was just havin a sorta whinge
n i culd still do gud in HSC but scale not so well
n i didnt think the point of the HSC/UAI is 2 compete against other students but to be examined on ur schooling and see who like is smart enuf 2 do wateva course at uni

n who sed anything about bein a drop kick.
i was tryin 2 be modest. wen actually i kick ass in intelligence
(tho mostly in logic n common sense. sum ppl r just dumb)
not 2 bad in subjects. like every1 else need 2 work harder

sirenxx

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I would love to be a housewife tbh.
I'd run an efficient household that was clean, well managed, financially planned and provided for.
I'd watch Dr Phil and Oprah, sip coffee, read books about post modernism and astrophysics, write and publish poetry.

Maybe when I get older and am sick of working. I'll be a housewife and go to uni on the side and do flamboyant and intellectual but impractical degrees.
NOW UR TALKIN!!
i knew u were smart deep down lol

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
bubblesss said:
obviously some of u have a very pessimistic approach. who cares if selective school students r smarter. as long as u work hard (as much as them) then ur sure to get a UAI of even 100.:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
I disagree. If you're not smart you won't get a UAI of 100.
As much as you can BS about it all being about information replication, the more intelligent students will not just replicate but interprate and relay the information better and more articulately than lower students. Fact. In fact, its just common sense.
You dont have to go to a selective school to be smart, but unless you're naturally bright and hardworking, not average and coasting, you're at a disadvantage.

Sorry to be a bitch and a mood killer, but.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
sirenxx said:
u kinda missed the point
i was just havin a sorta whinge
n i culd still do gud in HSC but scale not so well
n i didnt think the point of the HSC/UAI is 2 compete against other students but to be examined on ur schooling and see who like is smart enuf 2 do wateva course at uni

n who sed anything about bein a drop kick.
i was tryin 2 be modest. wen actually i kick ass in intelligence
(tho mostly in logic n common sense. sum ppl r just dumb)
not 2 bad in subjects. like every1 else need 2 work harder
I dont know if you correctly understand scaling. You're throwing the term around very loosely.

And how can your intelligence be examimed if you're not compared to your peers in the state undergoing the same process? Theres no way of gauging your intelligence unless its compared to other candidates.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
sirenxx said:
NOW UR TALKIN!!
i knew u were smart deep down lol
Eh, my egos telling me to explain to you just how smart I am, but that would be a waste of my time.

Housewifing would be nice though.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
Hahaha some of us have to be fodder for the smart and/or rich... That's just how society works so if you don't want to be fodder, either work yourself to death trying to climb up the ladder or live with it.
This isn't about being rich. And thats how capitalism works, not societies in general.

-tal-

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
As much as you can BS about it all being about information replication, the more intelligent students will not just replicate but interprate and relay the information better and more articulately than lower students. Fact. In fact, its just common sense.
You dont have to go to a selective school to be smart, but unless you're naturally bright and hardworking, not average and coasting, you're at a disadvantage.

qft. Hard work isn't the only thing that counts, a bit of natural talent goes a long way - intelligent students are able to grasp everything a bit faster and understand it a little better.

bubblesss

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:

well thats what i was tryin to say. overall it doesn't matter what school u go to it all relates to ur own hard work, intelligence and manipulative skills.

sirenxx

HSC
bubblesss said:
tho sumtimes it does come naturally 2 sum ppl n tho dont hav 2 work as hard
like omg my friend has a photographic memory
1 day she was sittin there staring n movin her finger up n down as tho she was wavin
n sum1 goes wat r u doin
shes like im scrolling
she was tryin 2 scroll down with a comp mouse n read a word document in her mind
LOL

bubblesss

HSC
sirenxx said:
tho sumtimes it does come naturally 2 sum ppl n tho dont hav 2 work as hard
like omg my friend has a photographic memory
1 day she was sittin there staring n movin her finger up n down as tho she was wavin
n sum1 goes wat r u doin
shes like im scrolling
she was tryin 2 scroll down with a comp mouse n read a word document in her mind
LOL
WOW!!!!!!!1 wish i had a photoographic memory lol.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)