is there any chance? (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
i know this has been asked before but i want confirmation from one of the senior members or a mod or someone.

is there any chance that they can specify which poems from immigrant chronicle to refer to?

ive got 3 that i know well but the rest i dont know at all. and ive looked at the papers how they have all the prescribed texts together but i still worry.

any confirmation please

deswa1

HSC
Yes I can guarantee that they are allowed to specify- whether they will is a different story.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There's always a chance. I think they should prescribe where other people do poetry as they did Mod B last year :)

expectation

HSC
Noooooooooooo god. Noooo god please no. Noo. Noooooooooooooooooooooo

expectation

HSC
so now we have to be prepared for the creative to be asked in a different form other than a narrative? as well as the essay? and know quotes from every Skrzynecki poem?!

mike12345678

HSC
i was so comfortable with having "feliks skryzencki" "10 Mary street" and "saint patricks college" and now i have to go over the rest. :/

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It is possible and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

They are really starting to crack down on rote learners these days (as they should).

mike12345678

HSC
but then they would knock out the majority of rote learners but benefit the others wouldnt they?

im sure there are people who have rote learned every poem. ie each person does 2 and all poems are covered by a number of people.

mike12345678

HSC
but honestly im not a rote learner, ive gone over all the poems and annotated them.

the three i listed above are the ones i can relate to and understand best, i should be able to use them.

like for e.g in the business studies essay they provide 2 essays and you pick which one suits you. i think that it provides a fairer system. im not saying that they should provide more then one question, but we should at least be able to pick our poems

deano777

HSC
inb4 belonging essay where they specify the last stanza of 'in the folk museum', and say use only two related texts.

Nah but seriously... specifying a poem would be beyond cruel. They won't do it.

mrh94

HSC
They can't. They'd have to specify for Emily Dickonson aswell, and like...a shitload of other prescribed texts. I think we can all realize by now that the board of studies are generally just lazy people...

nekk minute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)