Is there any benefit to English being compulsory? (1 Viewer)

sheppy123

HSC
Fun fact: English is consistently ranked as the HSC student population’s least favourite subject by a considerable margin in pretty much every metric (excluding sor) according to NESA’s own data, and is rated as the second hardest HSC subject area behind only science
Does english advanced have the highest atar contribution? Or do you know where that data can be found

carrotsss

HSC
Does english advanced have the highest atar contribution? Or do you know where that data can be found
wdym by highest ATAR contribution? if u mean in terms of being able to give a scaled mark of 100, yes definitely. if u want this sort of data you can use uac’s yearly released scaling data or if you want an easier way go into advanced mode of my ATAR calculator and enter in the “unrounded aligned” row you can see the conversions to scaled marks and ATAR equivalent, I’ve formed fairly accurate models for them

carrotsss

HSC
If I’m at raw 92 what would that even scale to? Do I go on raw marks and then put that in a atar calculator
IMG_5758.jpeg
you can just use my calc or if u want to do it manually, go to rawmarks.info, convert to aligned marks, go to uac scaling report, convert to scaled marks, multiply by 10 and then go to the aggregates column in the report and interpolate from there

sheppy123

HSC
View attachment 40277
you can just use my calc or if u want to do it manually, go to rawmarks.info, convert to aligned marks, go to uac scaling report, convert to scaled marks, multiply by 10 and then go to the aggregates column in the report and interpolate from there
Which one do they actually use to calculate my atar from that table? Scaled mark?

carrotsss

HSC
Which one do they actually use to calculate my atar from that table? Scaled mark?
your scaled marks are added to produce your aggregate, which is then compared to the percentiles to determine your ATAR

hehe43

HSC
It’s not true? Yeah I‘m sure not being able to read a book comes down to you just simply not enjoying English! not the fact that you have no attention span whatsoever and can’t focus
Brutha I can read novels and frequently do so by choice. Attention span does not equal reading ability and reading ability does not equal enjoyment of English. "I refuse to be believe that someone can just be stem oriented" you should try talking to more people.

If you think all there is to doing well in hsc English is "picking up a book" , you're entirely mistaken and you come off as being in Year 8-9. English, and most hsc subjects apart from maths and some sciences, is purely a memorisation game.

If you don't believe me, read crobats guide to English advanced, where he points out that it's not necessary to even read the text to do well in hsc English. The entire subject is a fucking scam and needs to be completely revamped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)