Is taking three sciences too much? Pointer please (1 Viewer)

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I did the 3 sciences in Year 11 and I'd say that with average effort it is possible. I discovered that Physics wasn't for me so I dropped it in HSC year.

It is better to try it out and discover you don't want to do it, than not try it out and discover you do want to do it, if you get my meaning.

Eg155

HSC
I started with 3 sciences but because I just didn't like the (I know, very simple maths) in physics I dropped it. There is a lot of content and some things take time to wrap your head around so to speak. Each subject area has its pros and cons; for 3 sciences : pros: answer the syllabus specifically and you're sweet, cons: understanding elusive concepts at times.
Good luck!

Deliriously

HSC
If you enjoy all 3 sciences, then its perfectly fine.
However, assessments usually pile up one week after the next so be prepared for that.

planino

HSC
Some of the sciences may actually end up helping you with another (chem can help with phys and vice versa, chem can help bio and v.v. to a lesser extent. I don't think phys and bio overlap though)

If you end up not liking one of the sciences, I'd recommend economics as replacement as it's actually quite eye opening and interesting despite being one of the harder subjects out there (at least for me)

Mikipedia

HSC
I think it's perfectly manageable as long as you put the hours into really learning the coursework, but sciences are something you really need the passion for to really do well. If it's something you enjoy learning, then you'll do well. If oyu're in it purely for the scores, you might struggle.

I think I've managed all right, but I basically live and breath science. At the end if the day it's your decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)