is smoking weed bad? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Che08 said:
EATING weed is okay?
No because of the risk of psychosis, which the prolonged intensity and duration of eaten cannabis certainly doesn't help.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Graney said:
Nah, you do have a point about mental health, but you're way off on cannabis and lung cancer.

In consistent testing, there is little doubt there is absolutely no link between cannabis and lung cancer. Only users who spin their weed with tobacco have problems.

If you're worried about cancer, the latest research is suggesting as little as 1 or 2 drinks a day may raise your risk of bowel cancer by up to 10%. 2-4% of all cancer cases are caused by alcohol. You don't need to drink much to put yourself at risk.
hm ok. i haven't seen any of this research so i guess i wouldn't know.

on the lung cancer thing - i was kind of under the impression that inhaling smoke regularly regardless of what you're actually smoking will give you health problems. i imagine it can't be good for your lungs and you'll probably end up with emphysema, even if you don't get cancer...speaking of which i was always led to believe that pot does contain some of the carcinogens found in cigarettes, is that wrong?

boris

Banned
HSC
More so emphysema from smoking pot than lung cancer

That said, most people spoke their pot with some tobacco so it's not entirely impossible

blakegman

HSC
N/A
The bong is king where i live.

So no need to worry about tobacco.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
hm ok. i haven't seen any of this research so i guess i wouldn't know.
My source is google for both alcohol and cannabis

There are more links to research suggesting cannabis may combat various cancers. Strange but true.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i imagine it can't be good for your lungs and you'll probably end up with emphysema, even if you don't get cancer...
Frequent marijuana smokers experience adverse respiratory symptoms from smoking, including chronic cough, chronic phlegm, and wheezing. However, the only prospective clinical study shows no increased risk of crippling pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis and emphysema).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
speaking of which i was always led to believe that pot does contain some of the carcinogens found in cigarettes, is that wrong?
This is true, why it doesn't cause an increased risk of cancer, I don't know.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
The brains of 15 men

Awesome sample size. The headline "strengthens marijuana brain damage case" is slightly misleading, the report is an extremely radical claim, it's not strengthening an existing case, it's establishing a completely new hypothesis. Needs a lot more research.

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nicotine doesn't cause lung cancer, emphysema or any of that shit, all the other chemicals do. Smoking anything is bad for you, full stop. If you smoked cocoa leaves I'm sure that would be bad for your lungs too, but no one would suggest that drinking coffee gives you lung cancer. If you accept that, the discussion should be about whether THC and the other psychoactive ingredients are bad for your mental health.

Edit: The main problem with nicotine is that's it's a stimulant and addictive as fuck.

Last edited:

Che08

HSC
sorry my bad.. but yea what i was picking at was the fact most people dont just smoke weed... they crack open a cigi and add that stuff in there too.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Che08 said:
sorry my bad.. but yea what i was picking at was the fact most people dont just smoke weed... they crack open a cigi and add that stuff in there too.
Surely cant be 'most' people. In my life ive probably encountered one or two people who mix tobacco with weed. And i know a lot of pot smokers.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
i reckon i could work at the video store stoned, i haven't done it yet tho
..and that's the real fear of marijuana. The drug forcing you to be content with the current situation you are in, no matter how dead end. Work at a video store all you want, for the rest of your life if you so please. If your happy to sit on your couch forever that's cool, other people have aspirations to leave the video store behind in their teens. I shudder at the thought of being that seedy hippy junkie loser fuck.

Also, marijuana is extremely different to say, a nicotine/alcohol buzz. It literally grasps full control of your mind, at least with alcohol you have some control.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
IronMaiden said:
..and that's the real fear of marijuana. The drug forcing you to be content with the current situation you are in, no matter how dead end. Work at a video store all you want, for the rest of your life if you so please. If your happy to sit on your couch forever that's cool, other people have aspirations to leave the video store behind in their teens. I shudder at the thought of being that seedy hippy junkie loser fuck.
Which is exactly what happens the first time you smoke marijuana :rolleyes:

Also, marijuana is extremely different to say, a nicotine/alcohol buzz. It literally grasps full control of your mind, at least with alcohol you have some control.
HAHAHAHA Right. Sorry but no way. I'd say I have more control when high than when drunk. It's just that the high from marijuana is consistent whereas when you're drinking it's a progressive thing.

boris

Banned
HSC
I can definitely control myself better on pot than I ever have been able to on alcohol ...

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Weed isn't even addictive, it's only when you spin it with tobacco :rolleyes:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
blakegman said:
The bong is king where i live.

So no need to worry about tobacco.
Since marijuana is still green when you smoke it, a little bit of tobacco helps it burn.
I prefer equal amounts of both in the bowl

IronMaiden said:
It literally grasps full control of your mind, at least with alcohol you have some control.
Different people have different perceptions. I'm fairly confident in saying what you have described is not what the majority of users experience.

Zrap said:
Weed isn't even addictive, it's only when you spin it with tobacco :rolleyes:
Any substance is addictive mang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)