• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Sancta Sophia college really religious? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it like super Catholic with weird rules like Creston at UNSW? Or just semi religious like alot of colleges?

Will they reject me in the interview as soon as they find out I'm athiest? Just wondering whether it's worth time to apply/pay, I don't mind being in a religious college but don't want to be discriminated against in admissions?

enoilgam

HSC
Is it like super Catholic with weird rules like Creston at UNSW? Or just semi religious like alot of colleges?

Will they reject me in the interview as soon as they find out I'm athiest? Just wondering whether it's worth time to apply/pay, I don't mind being in a religious college but don't want to be discriminated against in admissions?
I dont know about that school specifically, but having gone to a catholic high school and uni, the religion isnt really forced upon you. I dont think your atheist beliefs will be an issue either. You might just have to put up with a bit of spam on catholic values - but its not usually that much and its pretty easy to ignore.

HSC
Uni Grad
move to unsw village instead

all my college friends are dying to move into village

so much more freedom

better parties

college food must be pretty bad too they all seem to eat out a lot

patshit

HSC
The lady giving me a tour of Sancta Sophia said that the pastor was really excited because once a year you have to go church for an event they hold and he finally has a full church! I think that's a pretty good indicator that the student body isn't particularly religious and are certainly not forced to be.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The lady giving me a tour of Sancta Sophia said that the pastor was really excited because once a year you have to go church for an event they hold and he finally has a full church! I think that's a pretty good indicator that the student body isn't particularly religious and are certainly not forced to be.
Best username.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont know about that school specifically, but having gone to a catholic high school and uni, the religion isnt really forced upon you. I dont think your atheist beliefs will be an issue either. You might just have to put up with a bit of spam on catholic values - but its not usually that much and its pretty easy to ignore.
lol

Most irrelevant post ever.

move to unsw village instead

all my college friends are dying to move into village

so much more freedom

better parties

college food must be pretty bad too they all seem to eat out a lot
at USyd college seems to be the go over village

Depending on which one you go to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)