Is Rudd a good PM/leader? (1 Viewer)

Is a Rudd a good leader?

• Total voters

absorber

HSC
you havent given any reasoning why he shouldnt be put down either
The status quo, I'd think, is that he's generally held in high esteem. You're the dissenter, it's your job to put up a reasonable argument. His journalism for the herald is inciteful, helpful (from the perspective of yr 12 economics) and he's consistent in his principles. He's not biased. Those are my reasons.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Just because someone his held in high esteem doesn't mean they're not shit.

The Queen is generally regarded with high esteem, I can't see any plausible arguments against sending her o the guillotine. (lol yr 12 ekonomix)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
He doesnt make me feel safe, i'll say that much against him. When I see him up there, frowning like my teddy bear and all puffed up, talking about saving jobs and confronting terrorism, I dont fall for it.

Oh Howard, I took you for granted :(
haha this.

absorber

HSC
Hey, he helps me, that's enough for my opinion. High esteem does not GUARANTEE quality, but is often suggestive. And for what it's worth, I don't like the Queen much either.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
I rarely agree with Gittins, however he is quite close to the mark on this one.

Where is this 'education revolution'?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I feel at ease with Rudd as PM.

I don't feel he'll walk us off the edge of a cliff. It's much less exciting than with a nutcase like Howard running the show -- you never knew what the old codger would do next. Whether it be inciting racism, bigotry, deciding it's in our interest to declare war on some country, etc. You just never knew what he was going to do next.

I prefer consistency though.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I find exactly the opposite - good leader in the stylistic image sense of the word, but a really, really poor PM with regards to decisions, policies and following-through.
I agree with the second part of this post. As a leader I think he comes across as pathetic - I find him embarrassing.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I find him embarrassing.
How is he embarrasing? I don't think you understand the meaning of the word. Also when you say he's a poor leader, who exactly are you comparing him with?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Having Rudd in charge is the equivalent of pressing pause on your remote control for approximately five years. Nothing exciting happens, nothing happens at all really. Rudd is just content to sleepwalk through his prime mininstership. He has been given a mandate for reform, and for what? A few half-arsed policies that when push comes to shove, is all talk and no action? So no, he is neither a good PM or leader. How can one term him a leader when his only lead stems from opinion polls? At least Howard had some balls.

Garygaz

HSC
Lesser of three evils. Turnbull just seems to vote on every piece of legislation to spite Rudd. Rudd can't prioritise and is unfocused. Last and least, to those who are speculating Tony Abbott... Oh god he's an arrogant fuck, he's okay as a minister but PM, no thanks.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yer post-war governments seem to have it pretty easy, save major disasters, like...

attempts to implement communist regimes...
erm
being homosexual and unelected in the first place and totally oblivious to public concerns?
bankrupting the country and not really caring cuz ur an arrogant prick - oh wait

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC

mastermind666

HSC
Is he a good PM? We shouldn't be asking that.

What we should be asking is whether he is better than other PM candidates. We can moan and groan and say that he's bad, but what are the alternatives? Malcolm Turnbullshit?

I reckon voting is not to put the best government in, but to keep the worst out. There is a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)