Is my school rank bringing my UAI down? (1 Viewer)

clairebear41

HSC
Hi
first of all what is my UAI estimate ?

12/33 Advanced English
1/60 General maths
2/22 modern history
1/8 textiles
1/ 17 community and family studies

My schools rank last year was 443 and the year before it was in the 370's
Which is really terrible, will it greatly effect my UAI?
And will my subjects effect my uai significantly because they are low scaling? I'm getting mainly 90's in all of my assessment tasks

Thanks everyone!

bmn

HSC
Your english may alittle, but your schools rank won't affect subjects where you are 1st in your assessment ranking. Your second in modern isn't too bad either, and as long as theres not a large gap inbetween 1st and 2nd, it shouldn't be too bad.

As long as your HSC mark is high, scaling won't matter too much either. If its middle-range however, thats another story.

clairebear41

HSC
Your english may alittle, but your schools rank won't affect subjects where you are 1st in your assessment ranking. Your second in modern isn't too bad either, and as long as theres not a large gap inbetween 1st and 2nd, it shouldn't be too bad.

As long as your HSC mark is high, scaling won't matter too much either. If its middle-range however, thats another story.

Thank You :)
What UAI would i be looking at aprox?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think you'd be fine if you carried those ranks through the trials and the HSC. As for UAI.....I'm not sure. I guess we're not getting them anymore.

clairebear41

HSC
I think you'd be fine if you carried those ranks through the trials and the HSC. As for UAI.....I'm not sure. I guess we're not getting them anymore.
Thanks
I just read that we would no longer get UAI's anymore. Is the source thats from actually acurate?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
According to the UAC website UAIs will be released in December.

UAI and year 12 dates | UAC

They won't change the system half way through.

There are a lot of talks going on at the moment about the national curriculum, but the earliest it will affect a Year 12 cohort will be 2012. The syllabi won't even be published until September 2010 for implementation at the earliest in 2011.

clairebear41

HSC
Thats great then. I didn't think they could just do that to us half way through our HSC

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
As long as you're Rank 1 or 2. You'll be fine.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From what I am now reading and hearing at school this change is coming this year, which I think is stupid but...

Zedez

HSC
According to the UAC website UAIs will be released in December.

UAI and year 12 dates | UAC

They won't change the system half way through.

There are a lot of talks going on at the moment about the national curriculum, but the earliest it will affect a Year 12 cohort will be 2012. The syllabi won't even be published until September 2010 for implementation at the earliest in 2011.
That part of the website may not have been updated yet with the change, most other parts seem to indicate this years Year 12s will be getting an ATAR.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
That part of the website may not have been updated yet with the change, most other parts seem to indicate this years Year 12s will be getting an ATAR.
It is official, 09ers will be getting an ATAR.

@OP - If you are ranked pretty much 1st or 2nd in each subject your cohort won't affect you.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When I posted the link yesterday it hadn't been updated but then I got to work this morning and received an email from my principal referring to the updated version which is why I made my second post above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)