Is Medentry worth it? (1 Viewer)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I think I posted this in the wrong thread before oops

Hey all, I'm a year 11 student looking to get into medicine which obviously means I'll need to sit the UMAT next year. I wanted to know the best way to prepare for this, is medentry the way to go? For those who've done medentry or are currently doing it, do you think it's helped you ? Or is private tutoring the way to go? I'm very confused aha, any help would be much appreciated ^_^

iStudent

HSC
Yes, it's worth it.
It's not really value for money, but if you want the best preparation, then yes it's worth it. :p
(I personally improved quite a bit).
As for private tutoring, I've never tried it but I assume it's all the same (they give you questions, you do them, gets marked and feedback).

bangladesh

HSC
Yes, it's worth it.
It's not really value for money, but if you want the best preparation, then yes it's worth it. :p
(I personally improved quite a bit).
As for private tutoring, I've never tried it but I assume it's all the same (they give you questions, you do them, gets marked and feedback).
how would you know when you haven't sat the umat urself? lol

iStudent

HSC
how would you know when you haven't sat the umat urself? lol
well you know if you've improved if your medentry scores rise...
(acting based on the assumption medentry is similar to the real umat, lol)
just don't expect to improve for s2 :/
I've been hovering the same mark since ages :(

FireRunning

HSC
If you get into medicine, I think Medentry should be worth it. However if you don't make it, like at least 90 percent of the people sitting UMAT, it's definately not worth it. Since the cost of the Medentry course + actual UMAT fees comes close to 1000 dollars. :hammer:

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
If you get into medicine, I think Medentry should be worth it. However if you don't make it, like at least 90 percent of the people sitting UMAT, it's definately not worth it. Since the cost of the Medentry course + actual UMAT fees comes close to 1000 dollars. :hammer:
Same as medstart, that's expensive too.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
off topic, but care to explain?
Honestly, I can't be bothered but I'm sure there are plenty here who can. Thanks in advance to the ones who inevitably will. In any case, it's a question answered ad nauseum in old threads already.

bangladesh

HSC
Honestly, I can't be bothered but I'm sure there are plenty here who can. Thanks in advance to the ones who inevitably will. In any case, it's a question answered ad nauseum in old threads already.
lol i really wish i was bothered to explain but ceebs. also, a bit offtopic but is MSO down or is there some sort of issue with my computer?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
personally speaking i found it very overpriced for the limited benefit it gave

imo there isn't much benefit in umat practice beyond familiarising yourself with the type of questions you will come across and maybe a few practice papers to improve your speed. MedEntry gives you access to a stack of resources but you won't use or need much of it

Medman

HSC
Sorry? I just posted this in the wrong forum, I didn't mean to be annoying
If you do a search you will find more extensive answers to your question. It's been discussed many times before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)