Is it true that when we dont eat , we will become smarter? (1 Viewer)

lordinance

HSC
THis hypothesis was made when I studied in the morning one day. At the time I thought faster than in the afternoon.

Im not sure if the following hypothesis is true :

As we all know, when we eat, more blood will go to our digestive system like stomach,
then there will be less blood going to our brain relatively.
Therefore, we cant get concentrated when we study after our dinner.

Here is another one:
we get smarter when we bend my legs up.
This position makes less blood go to our legs .Hence when we study , there is more blood rushing to the brain relatively.
I was inspired from the movie ''Death note''
that L sits funny

Last edited:

sam5

HSC
i think ur thinking into it too much.

How about u try it next year when u do ur HSC?

Just starve urself by eating only cellery for the entire duration of ur hsc next year. See if ur academic performances are at best.

Then get in touch with me next year and tell me ur results. Im keen to find out kid. :rolleyes:

lordinance

HSC
Thats all based on my personal experience
im just curious about my hypothesis is correct or not

just think of this way,
if you are fulled up after your dinner , dont u feel distracted
when studying?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Uh actually I get really distracted if I haven't eaten.

The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question "How can we eat?" the second by the question "Why do we eat?" and the third by the question "Where shall we have lunch?"
-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Don't know how relevant that quote was but I felt it should be included because it's Douglas Adams and... well yeah *shrug*.

To conclude, food is important.

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
How easily your body processes the foods you eat does have an effect on concentration. Thats why you should eat a nice dose of carbs before exams.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you do not eat, you pretty much starve your brain of food supply needed for it to function. You should be eating foods that promote concentration. Maybe a sugar hit or caffiene should do the trick at least in term short term if you begin to feel tired.

Therefore, by choosing not to eat, it already labels you as not very smart in the first place!

Jeee

Banned
HSC
No silly person.
It doesn't make a person smarter.
It makes them sportier!
DUH.

shady145

Banned
HSC
If you do not eat, you pretty much starve your brain of food supply needed for it to function. You should be eating foods that promote concentration. Maybe a sugar hit or caffiene should do the trick at least in term short term if you begin to feel tired.

Therefore, by choosing not to eat, it already labels you as not very smart in the first place!
a magazine the school gave us which was made for all yr 12's im assuming said white suagr is bad for your brain, same with caffiene, it basically said foods with omega 3... but u cant live off that =/

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
a magazine the school gave us which was made for all yr 12's im assuming said white suagr is bad for your brain, same with caffiene, it basically said foods with omega 3... but u cant live off that =/
That's because sugar or caffiene gives you a boost in a short period of time, but if you're planning on studying for a long continuous period of time, obviously you'll hit a "low" after hitting the high.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i read from somewhere that if you have to take a maths exam, most people do better on an empty stomach than a full stomach. So before an exam, eat, but don't eat TOO MUCH

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
i haven't tried the not eating approach, but the " hit your head hard against a wall" method has been proving itself useful

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
That's because sugar or caffiene gives you a boost in a short period of time, but if you're planning on studying for a long continuous period of time, obviously you'll hit a "low" after hitting the high.
That was like me before my SC math trial.

I ate some lollies at the beginning of lunch and had a sugar high. Then when I walked into the exam room I hit a low and didn't do very well in my exam.

santiii

HSC
i haven't tried the not eating approach, but the " hit your head hard against a wall" method has been proving itself useful
+ 1

THis hypothesis was made when I studied in the morning one day. At the time I thought faster than in the afternoon.

Im not sure if the following hypothesis is true :

As we all know, when we eat, more blood will go to our digestive system like stomach,
then there will be less blood going to our brain relatively.
Therefore, we cant get concentrated when we study after our dinner.

Here is another one:
we get smarter when we bend my legs up.
This position makes less blood go to our legs .Hence when we study , there is more blood rushing to the brain relatively.

I was inspired from the movie ''Death note''
that L sits funny

I don't know if you get smarter but if you lay on the floor with your legs in the air, bent at 90 degrees and flop your arms over your chest then breathe in and out deeply is really good for studying. 20 minutes = 2 hours sleep. :)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I don't know if you get smarter but if you lay on the floor with your legs in the air, bent at 90 degrees and flop your arms over your chest then breathe in and out deeply is really good for studying. 20 minutes = 2 hours sleep. :)
Yes, I also find that spinning around three times and prostrating yourself to the Blood God works well too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)