Is it true that the Chem course is a bit messed up structurally? (1 Viewer)

akkatracker

HSC
Quick question:

I'm in year 10, top 18 boys in Science at a selective school with consistantly good marks. I'm definitely going to do 2 sciences. Rumor goes that the way the course is structured is outright strange?

Has anyone else heard these rumors and can you affirm/deny them?

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Never heard of those rumors.
the course is fine, if you love chem or good at it then do it!
I am doing chem now, it's a content heavy subject that requires a fair bit of practice and it's not too hard.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You need to explain what is meant by messed up structurally, because the syllabus can be done chronologically (which is probably the best way to do it, given that there is a slight follow on here and there) or, as some schools do it, in a different order.

Though the actual chronological sequence is not weird in any way or "messed up" so I have no idea what you are trying to infer....

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
As a HSC graduate, I can say that the Chemistry course is not messed up structurally one bit-it is actually structured quite well and the content is chronologically arranged. Can you elaborate a bit more by what do you mean 'messed up structurally?" To decide on what are the two sciences you are interested in, I would suggest you read through the preliminary and HSC syllabus of the main science subjects-available on the BOSTES website-and decide on what content you are more interested in learning about:)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I've never heard these strange rumors you speak of?

akkatracker

HSC
I'll clarify. I've heard that some things are prerequisites and are covered after you need to know them.

It seems that this then comes down to my school.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'll clarify. I've heard that some things are prerequisites and are covered after you need to know them.

It seems that this then comes down to my school.
Not true about the syllabus. Again I shall refer to my point:

You need to explain what is meant by messed up structurally, because the syllabus can be done chronologically (which is probably the best way to do it, given that there is a slight follow on here and there) or, as some schools do it, in a different order.

Though the actual chronological sequence is not weird in any way or "messed up" so I have no idea what you are trying to infer....
The order you do it in chronologically is perfectly fine and you will know everything beforehand this way. However a deviation from the chronological order might lead to learning things all over the place. Its up to your school I guess then.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)