Is humanities tutoring helpful?PLS RESPOND (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey people I woul like to know if tutoring for business and the humanities subjects are helpful and what does it involve?, do i really need it if i want 95+ in the specific subject and would anyone who has got tutoring for any humanities subjects please provide advice :)
I only get tutored for advance english. I do business studies, legal studies, ancient history, modern history, and ext history.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Whether it's effective or not, depends on individual and tutor.

No you don't "need" tutoring to get 95+ in specific sub.

enoilgam

HSC
It would depend on the individual person, but on the whole, I dont think tutoring for humanites subjects would be as effective as it would for other subjects. Like, with the histories, the content isnt too difficult to learn - the only thing that a tutor would be helpful for is marking essays pretty much.

You dont need tutoring to do well in the HSC - there are many people who state rank and achieve an ATAR of 99.95 who dont have tutors.

Myans

HSC
Regular tutoring - NO! If you read the textbook thoroughly, make notes and study, it is definitely possible to get 95+ in any humanities subject.

As for irregular, spontaneous tutoring - Up to the student and the subject. If you are going for a state rank, it wouldn't hurt to converse with students who have achieved exceptional marks to understand how to go above and beyond to attain those marks. Through my experiences I have found that it is quite hard for students to understand what is the standard expected at the top echelons without getting exposure to previous students' work who are the peak.

Extension history is a bit different. Since it is an entirely essay based subject, dealing with quiet sophisticated concepts, tutoring for this is not unheard of and quite frequently helps with achieving great marks.

Good luck!

HSC
thanks for that i won't do tutoring then, I'm just gonna try and give in essays to my teachers each week and make notes :)

Naz1234

HSC
I think for business studies and legal studies you might need to.
There's a lot of content for both subjects and some of the concepts
can be tricky at times. Not to mention teachers often just brush through the hard bits, only great teachers will really help.
I can tutor you if you need.

mac1996

HSC
not really, just be cooperative with your teacher
maybe just a bit of mentoring leading up to the hsc or trials
otherwise i wouldn't recommend it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)