Is EE2 really worth it? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Recently, I've been thinking about taking extension English 2. I think if I do take it, I'll be the only EE2 student at my school. I'm just wondering if it is really worth taking it. My subjects for prelim are listed below, adding up to 12 units. I'm also quite determined NOT to go into the HSC with 10 units, as I'm fairly good at all those subjects and don't want to take the risk; in particular if i do EE2. My EE1 marks aren't too bad, usually 85% and over. Anyways, my 3 questions here are:

Should I take EE2 considering my EE1 marks?

If so, how many units should I take into the HSC?

Is all the work in EE2 worth it?

Thanks in advance.

brendroid

HSC
Take in 13 units if you're comfortable with that. Keep in mind though that Extension 2 English does take up alot of time.

I'm one of two doing it at my school, so I'm sorta in your situation. Keep in mind with EE1, the area of focus will change when you hit Year 12. With that in mind, you might be better at the topic you're doing now or the one you do next year.

HSC
Thanks for the response Brendroid. I'm seriously thinking about it because If I do take it, I want to start drafting in year 11, to get a head-start on the amount of work because of it. Anyways, once school starts I'll ask around.

HSC
Yeah, most likely. Just out of curiosity, does it take a fair bit of time out of the study of your other subjects?

brendroid

HSC
For me, not really. I can just sit down and write in one block and get a bit done. When you're doing outside research, that could take time though.

HSC
Alright thanks Ben. :D

I'm just gonna start asking around once school starts, teachers, advisers and whatnot.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Take it up, but remember there isnt a real certainty with marks at the end. maybe take it 12/13 units with what ever you feel best with.

That said I wish I took up ext2 english, advance is gay.

HSC
Thanks for the response iRuler. Tbh, the only thing I'm worried with concerning EE2 is the amount of time it could possibly 'rob' from my other subjects, especially if the mark doesn't get counted.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
EE2 is my favourite subject. It allows me to forget about exams and course content for a while, focusing on something I'm really interested in. The freedom you have in EE2 can be a blessing and a curse. Make sure you have a mentor (someone who knows how to write well/former EE2 student/Someone who has taught EE2 before) to help you, mine has been an amazing help. :)

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
m.ext1 scales just as high as e.ext2 i think so mmmmmm.

brendroid

HSC
Definately - that should go without saying.

I need to improve on that lol

Appalling time management right here. Definately need to improve that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)