Is Coles Myer silly or not?? (1 Viewer)

Carlito

HSC
sugaryblue said:
well, I've had my Coles Myer group interview sometime in August. I waited and waited for more than two weeks and there was no news! No phone calls, no emails but a status notice on my CM account telling me that my 'line manager interivew failed' (which umm... there has never been one?!)
yep dont listen to that stupid site. it says my application is "under consideration" even though ive been employed with them for over 6 months

leathaface

I know what you mean... I could have started my job at coles Supermarkets 3 weeks before the date in which I started. Because my recruitment officer was a lazy ass bitch who kept forgetting to call me so I had to call her back, and everytime I did she said... "Oh I'm sorry... I';ve been busy lately, I'll do it this arvo"... FUCK YOU!

And what do I get... a job at Lane Cove, which ain't anywhere near Chatswood, my ideal location for Coles.

Farkette

HSC
my sad story

my dealings with coles myer have been quite weird.
i applied for xmas casual pssies and the casual/part time openings etc etc and signed my mobile up to get sms alerts.
one fine day i got an sms saying 'dear applicant, you have been sent an email regarding you colesmyer app etc' so i race to pc to book an intwerview asap cos other ppl i know got that but went on ages later and they were all full.
so i pick my time, date, perfect. september 2nd, 4;30pm, coles corrimal, confirmation email sent to me,everything fine and dandy

or so i thought.

so i turn up on time on sept 2 and what do i find>? 2 or three other chicks in their best interview attire and myself, standing there with some very frustrated bemused and apologetic coles staff. apparently some sort of fark up happened (as does nearly every year) and somehow we got told to come by accident, there are no interviews bein held that day, or any day soon.... :( not happy jan

so at home i get a call from my gay-sounding recruitment guy, david tiko and hes like sorry sorry sorry i cant explain why it happened, something mustve gone wrong with the system bla bla bla. said that when they have more down here i'll be 1st on the list to get in on the group interview action.

months later no email, no sms :( , but i do have one screwed up coles careers login home page, constantly inviting me to make an interview booking but then going to the lames error page in history... still like that now..

grr

*end of novel*

hipnotize

HaHa, i applied for xmas casual and went to the group interview... damn everyone wearing suits n best attire n all. LoL
A mate and i were in our school jerseys lol. This is at nsw-para btw.
Then few days later i got a sms saying check your email on the same day my friend go his. SAID : SUCCESS !!!
haha.
1-2months later
I got referal two positions casula for nightfiller coles casual then about 3weeks later a referal for customer service at k-mart casula.
They both say similar things blah blah u'll get phone call from store manager in a few days..
NOTHING !!!!
I cbf calling them and for me mate, he got no referals at all !!

I also applied for woolies at wowcareer site.. they askd me for interview within 3days sw33t. For dickkie smith.. but said i didnt have enuff customer and retail experience... like how am i going to get the experience if they aint going to gimmie tha job.. geez i hate the work force :mad:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hipnotize said:
HaHa, i applied for xmas casual and went to the group interview... damn everyone wearing suits n best attire n all. LoL
A mate and i were in our school jerseys lol. This is at nsw-para btw.
Then few days later i got a sms saying check your email on the same day my friend go his. SAID : SUCCESS !!!
haha.
1-2months later
I got referal two positions casula for nightfiller coles casual then about 3weeks later a referal for customer service at k-mart casula.
They both say similar things blah blah u'll get phone call from store manager in a few days..
NOTHING !!!!
I cbf calling them and for me mate, he got no referals at all !!

I also applied for woolies at wowcareer site.. they askd me for interview within 3days sw33t. For dickkie smith.. but said i didnt have enuff customer and retail experience... like how am i going to get the experience if they aint going to gimmie tha job.. geez i hate the work force :mad:
good on ya :p i still frickin aint got called by myer for sec. interview :S

Farkette

HSC
actually i emailed him bout 2 weeks ago and told him bout my fudged up home page and he fixed it up, then told me there wont be any group 'views for ages, but he happily invited me to the ones in ... NOwra.. (as if id go that far for a group thingo)

still waiting for more in the gong.. im getting anxious, hsc practically over for me, this was the time that i wanted to start working!!!!!! arghhh!!!!

hm o well. i think i mite rock up to some clothes shops in town with my resume, my mate got a gig at sds not long ago, i rekon thatd be mad...

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Woolies did that to me- they still haven't bothered to contact me, and its been a couple of months. I work for coles myer now, and I can't wait til woolies needs someone and rings me up and i can say NO.ha

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
yes coles are gay. I registered aaaaaages ago, and then out of the blue, I get a confirmation email for a group interview which I didn't even sign upfor from some lady called helga?. I couldnt go to that particular group interview cos of uni, and cos I already had a job, but I didnt want to rule out coles/myer forever in case I'm ever out of work in the future, so I sent an email back explaining I hadnt signed up and wouldnt be able to make it, when I get a reply email again pretty much saying, "great! see you there!"
So I called, and told them I wasn't going, and then a few days later I got yet another confirmation email....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
yes coles are gay. I registered aaaaaages ago, and then out of the blue, I get a confirmation email for a group interview which I didn't even sign upfor from some lady called helga?. I couldnt go to that particular group interview cos of uni, and cos I already had a job, but I didnt want to rule out coles/myer forever in case I'm ever out of work in the future, so I sent an email back explaining I hadnt signed up and wouldnt be able to make it, when I get a reply email again pretty much saying, "great! see you there!"
So I called, and told them I wasn't going, and then a few days later I got yet another confirmation email....
ahahah!

if you log into your account on their site you can semi-see what's going on, it's not reliable but you can go and see if they are still offering you an interview or if one has been booked

nik_noodle

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
That would be Helga Buckley....i had group interview with her too...she's ok. sweet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)