is anyone going to the 8.30am thing for high achievers? (info day) (1 Viewer)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
lol, this is ridiculous.
hahaha i got invited to both and my only USyd preference is 8th

i reckon the preference rank does matter, in the opposite way... like they target ppl who has preference of lower than 5...

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
same here, r u gonna go to both?
Yeah sure, why not?

I'd like to see what sort of marketing spin they can come up with on the last day for changing prefs.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i'm guessing unsw will have a better marketing spin...they always seem to promote themselves better than usyd

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Where do I get this stuff! I have never recieved cool stuff! Us country students, always missing out... *begins rambling about how unjust the gap between the city and the country is in Australian society...*

And don't even get me started about the way these open days are on the 5th.... how the hell are we rural 'uns supposed to go when we need to change our preferences that night.... and how are we supposed to get to USyd, UTS, UNSW, and Uni of Wollongong in one day? It's insane I tell you, in-bloody-sane!!!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i haven't gotten stuff from unsw except the invite to the info day that came with a bookmark and a letter from some faculty.. they did have better stuff at the open days like pens. only nice thing from usyd was some mint chocolates. (no free food at usyd/unsw can you believe it) i must've given usyd my addy and stuff because i get emails and letters and newsletter things from them.

uts definitely wins on the bribing though. i got pens and free food and drinks and condoms.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hahaha...condoms...lol

i guess they would come into good use, being situated so close to chinatown

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
lol it was in this sexuality pack.. for the errrm, queer society or something along those lines. it was heaps funny, just two gay boys sitting there so i went up and got a pack. if i end up at uts i might join, i think heteros are welcomed too, except maybe you have to be a confused one. hmm, dunno :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
omg...toods in a homosexual society...now that would be interesting :D:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)