is anyone going to the 8.30am thing for high achievers? (info day) (1 Viewer)

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
hmm and it also came with a bookmark
whts the point of writing to people about their supposedly distinguished results if you're not going to invite them to whatever the 10.30 thingy is!!
I got that just now haha. and outta curiosity, how the hell did my "truly outstanding result" contribute to my "community"?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
it doesn't, they're just pulling whatever they can out of their arses to suck up to you without having to invite you to the 10.30 thingy!
so yeah, usyd wins! for having a talented students afternoon tea and a high achieving aka "not as talented" brekkie

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
lol... i just got the unsw invit... but no 1030 thingy... is that for those .95/100s?

nerdd

so not EVERYONE got invited to the breakfast and afternoon tea?
ooh i feel special now... (got invited to the breakfast lol)
why not the afternoon tea? why am i not talented enough?
grr.

so is it like 90+s or 95+ers for the breakfast and like 99-100 for the afternoon tea?

scandal

HSC
I got invited to the afternoon one not the morning one at usyd - i recon it will be like the morning tea they had on the last open day for talented students - did anyone go to that one?

nerdd

hrm. unsw has the nicer brochure (praises to the marketing / public relations director).
and their sausage sizzles are yum.
but i haven't really explored sydney.
decision settled. i'm going to both!

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
why are the uni's so desperate to get people with .95, 100 etc to come to them.. its not like sydney/unsw need to beg people to come do their courses..

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by hatty
lol

if u dont wake up so early, than u dont need the coffee
Well then, if the coffee isn't enough, how about the free breakfast. I'm sure you'll need that if you wake up late :p

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Hmm, I'll go to kill time before the main round offers - most of my friends are also going anyways.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I got invited to the breakfast and the afternoon tea and I didn't get 99-100. Therefore, I'm guessing there's only one category for high-achievers and that's 98-100??

Hmm.. I asked Kate, the marketing manager when I confirmed my RSVP and she said the only reason it's held twice for us is because they're aware that students have other open days to go to that day so they're giving the option.

If anyone else calls to RSVP, please ask what the diff is and post what she says up here.

I originally decided on the afternoon tea (because morning was wayyy too early!) but my friend and I have decided to go in the morning (which means an early wake-up and long travel to the city).

Look forward to chatting to BOSers!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
I got invited to the breakfast and the afternoon tea and I didn't get 99-100. Therefore, I'm guessing there's only one category for high-achievers and that's 98-100??
yet spin spin didn't get an invite with 99+. it may have something to do with what position you put syd on your uac prefs? i and the usyd letter actually said "thank you for considering usyd on your prefs"

Last edited:

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
it may have something to do with what position you put syd on your uac prefs?
Yeah, I think that would definitely be a factor.

fitz33

HSC
i got 99.25 and got invited to both and usyd is my seventh preference i think? who knows whats going on..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by fitz33
i got 99.25 and got invited to both and usyd is my seventh preference i think? who knows whats going on..
lol, this is ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)