Is 3 Unit Mathematics for Dumb People? (1 Viewer)

High123

HSC
I dropped down from 4 U to 3U and I think that all the people in my class are really dumb. Has anyone ever done really well with just 3U and will these dumb people effect my learning?

HSC
Uni Grad
I know how you feel, I was in the top General maths class last year but this year we got a new head teacher who is against grading classes because apparently it promotes elitism.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing 3U does not mean you're dumb. As long as you're topping your class you should be fine.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I never knew any Extension could bring connotations of being dumb.

High123

HSC
120 people in my year of 205 or so students do Ext2. I used to do it. I feel like crap for dropping out, people keep saying how stupid my action was.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Obviously you're in an incredibly competitive environment so don't feel disheartened.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Question: If 3 unit maths is for dumb people - how would you describe the candidature of general maths?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
120 people in my year of 205 or so students do Ext2. I used to do it. I feel like crap for dropping out, people keep saying how stupid my action was.
Why did you drop it??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I dropped down from 4 U to 3U and I think that all the people in my class are really dumb. Has anyone ever done really well with just 3U and will these dumb people effect my learning?
To claim that people doing Ext1 maths are dumb is extremely judgemental. You are obviously in a much more competitive environment (I assume SBHS) than most people in the state so the standards are very high considering over half the grade does Ext2. Even if you do believe they are 'dumb', there's a high probability (given the competitive environment) that topping Ext1 within your 3U only student cohort will be a difficult task.

There are plenty of people who only did Ext1 Maths and did extremely well (I know of people who got 99.95 and 100.00 UAI doing only Ext1 Maths). Don't let the stereotypes blind you from the reality...

NewiJapper

HSC
We had some not to smart people in the ext 1 class at my school, but they loved math and knew they weren't the best. I do know of dumb people that have taken ext 1 math. Some schools offer the subject (ranking <500) to students who are just not capable of doing the subject and lead them into just failing ext 1 epically.

funnytomato

HSC
Yes, 3u maths is for dumb ppl

Apparently the guys doing MBBS at UNSW who didn't do any maths at all for HSC (yes, they exist!!!) need special ed

retwb

HSC
N/A
Shut the fukc up manp, 3 unit is not fo dumb people. 3 unit is a challenge for most peopl. If you find 3 unit hsc math easy then yiou are jsut natually fgted,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)