Iraq War (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGB

HSC
also, i doubt that intelligent people like generator could resist cutting you down :)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
its because your arguments are so bad and easy to pick holes in
Supportin Bush has unlimited holes

AGB

HSC
well then im very thankful, if you think that, that you have absolutely no influence on the decisions our government is making :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
also, i doubt that intelligent people like generator could resist cutting you down :)
Ah yes...the old "You disagree with me, so rather than discussing it intelligently, I will insult you."

Do I need to finish this post with an obligatory smug emoticon?

AGB

HSC
no you dont.

you asked a question, and i gave you the answer butterfly wings... i think the problem is that you just didnt like the answer...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
May I ask exactly what your beef is? You seem happy to jump in with your smug comments about how I "have no argument", but I have yet to see an argument from you about my posts which are "so bad and easy to pick holes in".
May I suggest it is because you HAVE no argument? You are just opposed to anything I say because you know my basic stance? I guess now you'd better look back and find something to pick a hole in. Don't worry...apparently it's quite easy.

Egg_666

what a pointless war

in the words of democrats leader in US "the world is no safer with saddam hussein captured"

his only link to terrorism was giving reward money (200 bucks to the family) to suicide bombers... this didnt FUND any attacks... it provided a life for the family (many of which didnt know their relative was going to kill him-, or sadly, her-self...)

if you look at it that way... he actually did a small, double edged mitzvah, the other side being that it may have encouraged further attacks.. but then again declaring war on muslims provides MORE than enough encouragement

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i wouldnt say pointless, if it was pointless, US would not have attacked. its more about the US than it is about iraq.

too bad the "iraq 4 democracy" preachings arent working as well in iraq as it is in US

Rorix

HSC
Post war (after April 2003) actions of Middle-East countries:

Iran:

-forfeited their nuclear weapons development program to IAEA inspection
-sealed the Iran-Iraq borders and announced that they would arrest and prosecute any fleeing Iraqi officers
-stopped 4 suicide boats laden with explosives and destined for the Iraqi coast
-have detained and are currently holding hundreds of members of ansar al-Islam and al-Queda (rumors indicate that Iran holds some top al-Queda leaders)

Syria:

-agreed not to harbor Iraqi leaders after Assad was asked by Bush
-is cooperating with US sealing Iraq-Syria border to prevent militants from crossing
-has cracked down (to a degree) on extreme Islamist groups within Syrian borders

Libya:

-has decided to end their nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs. Qaddafi quoted as saying, "I don't want the same fate as Saddam."
-have agreed to pay compensation to the families of the victims on Pan Am flight 103

Saudi Arabia:

-unprecedented cooperation between Saudi secret services and US intelligence services combating terrorism in Saudi Arabia
-first elections (albeit symbolical) in history were held in Riyadh

Jordan:

-has supported us in efforts to track down and shut off funding of terrorism

HSC
Originally posted by Rorix
Post war (after April 2003) actions of Middle-East countries:

Iran:

-forfeited their nuclear weapons development program to IAEA inspection
-sealed the Iran-Iraq borders and announced that they would arrest and prosecute any fleeing Iraqi officers
-stopped 4 suicide boats laden with explosives and destined for the Iraqi coast
-have detained and are currently holding hundreds of members of ansar al-Islam and al-Queda (rumors indicate that Iran holds some top al-Queda leaders)

Syria:

-agreed not to harbor Iraqi leaders after Assad was asked by Bush
-is cooperating with US sealing Iraq-Syria border to prevent militants from crossing
-has cracked down (to a degree) on extreme Islamist groups within Syrian borders

Libya:

-has decided to end their nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs. Qaddafi quoted as saying, "I don't want the same fate as Saddam."
-have agreed to pay compensation to the families of the victims on Pan Am flight 103

Saudi Arabia:

-unprecedented cooperation between Saudi secret services and US intelligence services combating terrorism in Saudi Arabia
-first elections (albeit symbolical) in history were held in Riyadh

Jordan:

-has supported us in efforts to track down and shut off funding of terrorism
Jordan and Saudi Arabia are both subservient lackeys of the US. Both regimes are propped up only by US political and economic support - if Bush wished to root out terrorism in either of these nations, he could do so with a click of a finger. That he, and Bill Clinton before him, chose not to do so is a seering indictment of imperialist hypocrisy in the so called "war on terrorism".

Iran has long been on a path towards disarmament and democracy, even before september 11. Elections were held to elect the President, who supports secularism and is steering the country towards democracy. If anything, the United States has given vent to the fundamentalists there by its self-serving "axis of evil" claims. The best way to ensure that democratic elements are sidelined in countries like Iran is to make the entire nation feel like its under military threat - which is precisely what the US is doing. So, wittingly or unwittingly, the theocracy is being strengthened by US foreign policy.

Syria is a classic case of the US heigtening tensions in the Middle East. You'll recall that the Bush admin gave full support to the illegal Israeli incursion into Syrian territory earlier this year, the first in over 20 years. What this clearly illustrates is that lunatics of the Bush admin are not so much concerned with stability or peace or disarmament, but with ensuring the hegemony of the United States over the entire oil-rich Arab region, using its satellite state Israel as a tool.

Libya, like Iran, has not been a threat to the world community for a long time. Gaddaffi gave up the terrorist many years ago, its just that this is the first time he's put it in words. Worst of all, by heiling Gadaffi a "brave stateman" and giving his dictatorship legitimacy, Bush and his allies have actually strengthened Gadaffi's position as Libya's leader. Whatever chances of internal democratic opposition overthrowing Gadaffi have now been all but sapped.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
saudi arabia actually contributes a lot to the US economy esp in oil. in one go they could do some serious damage to it.

and the latest news is another car bomb in iraq, at least 18 dead.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think it was necessary.

Yes, we all know that WMD was effectively a big lie, but that doesn't deter my stable stance, because the lie was obvious from the beginning.

WMD was simply a hatchdoor around the UN as to allow a mildly reasonable pretext for invasion.

Hussein currently doesn't pose much of a threat, but like any country with such immense hatred of the US, coupled with a totalitarian regime of such brutality, it is inevitable that one day Iraq will become a credible threat, and ever since 9/11 Bush has been finding targets for his pre-emption doctrine, and rightfully so.

Alexander

Gold Member
Yawn.
Vat about North Korea? and what about..*refer to any thread in forum, has argument there somewhere*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)