• Total voters

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
:mad1:

lol

but but... that sexy *new* glass look *drool*
meh is it glass? eh. looks arn't everything, u could have the nicest looking phone but if its crap its useless lol.

anyways looks get old surely soon enough that look is gona get old u watch then iphone 6 or something will look 40 X sexier etc and the cycle just repeats as another day goes buy...i bet if that was the first iphone that came out and we saw a curved version we would be like omg thats sexy, because were not used to it and it looks different.

Different = better in most cases (if u do it right)

appletoa

HSC
There needs to be another option in this poll, like 'Would get if I could afford one'.
I need to get a job, obviously...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
err they have but they just don't implement it so suckers keep buying upgrades everytime they release a new phone with one extra minor feature.

so many of you idiots are getting sucked into this, i don't know why rofl
At least they do firmware updates which actually add new features. Yes they sometimes charge for it but that's hella better than Nokia which even when they do firmware updates (which don't add new features), they are restricted and not available to all countries- do you have any idea how frustrating it is to know someone in country XYZ has access to firmware which supposedly fixes the buggy software you have?

That... and I trust Apple more purely because they have honoured their warranty for me before and even sent me a postage paid box in the mail to post my iPod Mini in!. And even my friend's iTouch which was out of warranty by a week, they still gave her a brand new one. Nokia on the other hand charged me $80 to upgrade the firmware on my phone before NSU was released.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Gotta love how they sell common (often old) technology as "new" and people think it is.

Videocalling has been around since what... 2000, 2002? Cameras on handsets have hit 8 megapixel and have been hovering around the 5 megapixel mark for years. HD video recording is already available on handsets like the Samsung Omnia HD.

Aeriff

HSC
Gotta love how they sell common (often old) technology as "new" and people think it is.

Videocalling has been around since what... 2000, 2002? Cameras on handsets have hit 8 megapixel and have been hovering around the 5 megapixel mark for years. HD video recording is already available on handsets like the Samsung Omnia HD.
You do know what megapixels are, right? I could have a >9000megapixel camera and it wouldn't necessarily be better than a 5MP camera.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
You do know what megapixels are, right? I could have a >9000megapixel camera and it wouldn't necessarily be better than a 5MP camera.
'Course I do, it depends on the lense but they market 5 megapixels as if it's a major advance. It's not.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

yea, but the thing apple trys to do is deliver all these features into one tiny compact device and make it look sexy as well as function almost 100% correctly. They refine old things, where as other companies just shoot out new ideas without thinking it thoroughly through *cough* MW2 IW comes to mind-no dedciated servers* :D.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
At least they do firmware updates which actually add new features. Yes they sometimes charge for it but that's hella better than Nokia which even when they do firmware updates (which don't add new features), they are restricted and not available to all countries- do you have any idea how frustrating it is to know someone in country XYZ has access to firmware which supposedly fixes the buggy software you have?

That... and I trust Apple more purely because they have honoured their warranty for me before and even sent me a postage paid box in the mail to post my iPod Mini in!. And even my friend's iTouch which was out of warranty by a week, they still gave her a brand new one. Nokia on the other hand charged me $80 to upgrade the firmware on my phone before NSU was released.
How does Nokia = shit make Apple = good?

yea, but the thing apple trys to do is deliver all these features into one tiny compact device and make it look sexy as well as function almost 100% correctly. They refine old things, where as other companies just shoot out new ideas without thinking it thoroughly through *cough* MW2 IW comes to mind-no dedciated servers* :D.
You just compared a game to a technological device, what?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
How does Nokia = shit make Apple = good?

You just compared a game to a technological device, what?
sry let me me explain, thought u would of knew...Infinity ward (developer of MW2) didn't implement dedicated servers on the PC version, and thus it was P2P (1 host every connected off that guy weather he/she had a crap connection etc.

Google it if u want more info, there's so much stuff about it.

My point was that they tried something new to the PC community and failed so badly

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
sry let me me explain, thought u would of knew...Infinity ward (developer of MW2) didn't implement dedicated servers on the PC version, and thus it was P2P (1 host every connected off that guy weather he/she had a crap connection etc.

Google it if u want more info, there's so much stuff about it.

My point was that they tried something new to the PC community and failed so badly
how is this relevant to the release of an iphone?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
You sure about this? Think back to... I think it was the iPhone 3G that was riddled with problems? The 3GS has also had a hell of a lot of quality control problems. Mac is just good at hiding these faults.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You sure about this? Think back to... I think it was the iPhone 3G that was riddled with problems? The 3GS has also had a hell of a lot of quality control problems. Mac is just good at hiding these faults.
yea, everything has problems, just apple covers them up an does things about them.

The other post is about, how some companies rush out products while some companies take their time. etc.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yea, everything has problems, just apple covers them up an does things about them.

The other post is about, how some companies rush out products while some companies take their time. etc.
Apple isn't really taking their time, they're simply doing what they've ALWAYS done since the ipod epidemic. Release a shit device, upgrade it a little bit by releasing a whole new product, then keep doing so.

The sheer quantity of ipod versions is evidence of this. As if they didn't have the technology beforehand.

xMaNx

HSC
Apple isn't really taking their time, they're simply doing what they've ALWAYS done since the ipod epidemic. Release a shit device, upgrade it a little bit by releasing a whole new product, then keep doing so.

The sheer quantity of ipod versions is evidence of this. As if they didn't have the technology beforehand.
This is 100% true.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
This is 100% true.
yep!! and u know y, because some people like us buy every single one, i personally coouldn't care less,
but y isa radio only avabilbe in the 5 th gen ipod nanos?, and not in iphone , itouch etc ?

wait, wait i got it thats coming in the 7th gen iphone / itouches i guess lol, apple is kinds smart there extending their products with new features over a long time so then they will tyake a long time to run out of ideas, but i think thats kinda starting to show now, apple already has thought of everything really...you can basiclaly just make the hardware and infrastructure better.

PS: is 4th gen iphone 4 g?
next yr: iPhone 4GS lol, probably be called iPhone 4GX or something

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
yep!! and u know y, because some people like us buy every single one, i personally coouldn't care less,
but y isa radio only avabilbe in the 5 th gen ipod nanos?, and not in iphone , itouch etc ?

wait, wait i got it thats coming in the 7th gen iphone / itouches i guess lol, apple is kinds smart there extending their products with new features over a long time so then they will tyake a long time to run out of ideas, but i think thats kinda starting to show now, apple already has thought of everything really...you can basiclaly just make the hardware and infrastructure better.

PS: is 4th gen iphone 4 g?
next yr: iPhone 4GS lol, probably be called iPhone 4GX or something
They sell to the sheep, to the technologically illiterate and oblivious.

This is why they are able to sell two or three generations old technology as "brand new" not only to Apple, but spinning it to seem like it's for THE WORLD.

There are far better phones out there, but Apple is just great at marketing. The only reason they brought out the iPhone 4 was because the 3GS is grossly outdated, and the sheep began to notice and complain.

There will be the usual amounts of unexplainable quality control issues that should have been fixed in the warehouse during the testing phase.

Last edited:

xMaNx

HSC
iPhone 4 is not 4G

They're saving that to 6th Gen imo

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
iPhone 4 is not 4G

They're saving that to 6th Gen imo
ohk, because Microsoft new HTC HD or something is 4g and just came out in USA.

Yeah well i guess if you can market well and everything is set right and good to go for your company then you end up successful or partially?.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
HTC Evo is 4G, but not all US cities have it. Apparently:
- not much speed advantage
- eats battery like a mofo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)