Ipad Mini (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I have been trying Windows 8 for the past two days (on a computer). It is shit (compared to Windows 7 or Xp).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i had a nexus 7 but sold it because it didn't really do anything that my phone couldn't do just as well due to lack to tablet specific apps on android
Yeah I've found I hardly use my nexus. Doesn't even have flash which is Hal the reason i got it.

halapenyo

HSC
can i watch streamed tv shows on the ipad?

like from sites like megavideo (i know its taken down but im just using an example)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lol i aint speaking for anyone else, the vast majority wouldnt be utilising the full power of what they can already do anyhow

just different interests, you're more into cutesy/novelty types technology whereas i care most about power/capabilities

as for examples im talking about their actual computers/laptops which are just absurdly overpriced for what you're getting component wise

and the primary reason i hate apple is because they're the biggest and worst of the patent trolls, claiming ownership of the most basic of features / mechanisms
laptops are fucking heavy, iPads are like having a book in your bag. So they're great for Uni and stuff.

Round corners. Lol
(also, I think you'll find every company ever is guilty of that)

Anyway have been waiting for this for a while and will pick one up when i can. Also jb-hi-fi will sell it for 350 after a month or even a few weeks. Looks very nice and has the diamond cut edges of the iphone 5. Also 5 megapixel camera :)
well, don't you get a student discount of $50 or something anyways?

Yeah I've found I hardly use my nexus. Doesn't even have flash which is Hal the reason i got it.
The fuck?!

I thought that was the entire point of it.

Why is it even a thing?

Stoopid companies and their stupidness.

nifkeh

HSC
getting Apple products is no different to getting branded clothes lol. They're not meant to be dirt cheap, but they are of better looks and possibly quality than other stuff on the market. Also people may get branded things for status or aesthetics or they trust the brand because it's famous and good etc.

But hey, at least the 16GB iPad mini is as cheap ish as the new 5th gen iPod touch for 32GB

so if I had to choose between new iPod or new iPad mini I'd dive for iPad mini

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually really like it. I personally have a 64gb iPad3 with cellular (no longer 4G branded) and an iPhone 5; but for my girlfriend who was wanting a Kindle for Christmas, the iPad Mini isn't much more expensive yet it can do a lot more (as well as read Amazon/Kindle-sourced books). Previously gave her an iPhone 4S so her apps will sync between the two and she is familiar with the interface, and it's perfect for carrying to uni since it's smaller and lighter than the full size iPad which was always a bit too big. Wifi-only will be enough given she has a huge data plan and uni has high speed internet anyway.

From a tech perspective yes the technology is old from an iPad 2 but then on the other hand, if all you were planning on doing is surf net, read books and watch Youtube, it's not such a bad thing.

I really do love the non fragmentation in iOS in terms of screen resolution, set ups, etc... and the support offered to it in terms of apps and other vendors (e.g. universities have "iPhone and iPad instructions" as opposed to generic settings which you need to figure out how to use, etc) which is perfect for someone who isn't technologically minded.

... but I think I'd get the 32gb. I've learnt that 16gb is not enough.

Hoskiies

HSC
u wot m8. should be new ipad >= ipad mini > ipad 2.
Nope the new ipad overheats a lot faster than the ipad 2, and most of the loading on ipad 2 is the same compare to the new ipad except the cpu and camera but they load at the up the same time =.=

mickk794

HSC
Why would you buy this. If you really need a tablet, get a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

HSC
im selling my 3 to get this :) because its lighter

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I will never get why people are so heated over a stupid piece of technology. Relax. Each person will buy what they prefer - who really cares?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I will never get why people are so heated over a stupid piece of technology. Relax. Each person will buy what they prefer - who really cares?
I think it's most likely frustration with people who get sucked in by advertising etc.

Consumerist culture blah blah.

Bring on Anarchy! Lol.

halapenyo

HSC
hey guys do apple stores have some sort of student discount?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)