Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

phunky

Originally posted by Daz
I think its funny how phunky goes on, don't you think she's cute though I'm the aussie boy she's talking about.
Love ya babe:D
me love you too! :)
that was really cute!!
it's kinda a break from all the seriousness of this thread eh?

sar sar

Banned
Originally posted by MinAi
hmm, jus to contribute...
I, myself, am the result of an interracial relationship - my dad is Persian (arab) and my mom is from the Philippines (asian)
so I dont really think about it that much...
plus the fact that I have a korean girlfriend..
here here minai :)

i too am a result of an interracial relationship..

im 1/2 lebanese (dad) and 1/2 english (mum)

there is nuttin wrong with it in my opinion :p

EDIT: i dont think i turned out too badly .. :eek:

souldancer

i think interracial relationships are fine, nothin better or worse about them than a same race relationship.

And I do find it slightly rude when people talk in their own language, especially if there are people in the group etc who don't understand them.

bex

HSC
This is a lil off the subject but anyway, when the Native Title act was passed in 1996, some of the country boarders told us that at home they slept with bats under their beds in case the Aborigines came back to claim their land... thats pretty sad huh?

kaseita

It sounds the kind of stories that some people tell Americans -
that we ride kangaroos to school on our national highways ;)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Dont mean to be picky, but the Native Title Act was passed in 1993 :)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
haha lazy!! thats like the first think ive heard from you that wasnt spam!!! congratulations :D :D :D

muahha dont worry i havent reached that goal yet though.

HSC
Originally posted by phunky

If u read my previous posts- ur obviously too quick to make a judgement because u didn't even read it- i said that yes it's fine if someone is old or whatever- u can't expect them to learn, but what about us younger ones- or even our parents? i have seen fights in schol happen because someone thought an azm person was talking about them becoz they were whispering in a different language. Not everyone can understand u, and it can become rude for those ppl. you speak the majority language. keeping ur culture and ur language is fine- but there's time and place for it. if ur langauge is so importaNT- well sorry but i don't see ur teachers communicating to u in that language. Culture is cool- yeah whatever- but at school, in the playground- in public places like lifts and stuff... perhaps it is better to speak english?
Anyways... I read through the entire thread for the *second* time, and I haven't found one instance where you said "its fine if someone is old or whatever"...

So thats why I assumed you meant pretty much anybody should speak English and that it was rude to do otherwise....

And it doesn't matter anyways, I disagree that parents should speak in English, its bloody difficult to change your personality, outlook on life or language for that matter, after about the age of 25 or so....and as for the children, if they want to speak it they can.... I believe in a little thing called "freedom of speech", where you can say whatever the hell you want, this includes language.

People should be able to express themselves in another language if they want, because there isn't just one way of expressing yourself.... for instance the Eskimos have over 50 words just for snow, whilst english has only a few. The eskimo would therefore be able to articulate more effectively about snow.... it's not the greatest example, but you get what I mean...

*krayzie*

well i'm not a result of an interracial marriage, both my parents are indian (don't hold it against me just becoz that tool sourie is!) but i know i'll more then likely end up in one

i moved here when i was 5 and grew up like a normal aussie kid but i live in bathurst now and theres like 2 other full indian families in town! :( i know ONE guy whos aussie/indian and he's one of the nicest guys i know... back me up here lazy... kash is a legend eh?

back to the topic... i've only ever dated aussie guys cuz of the lack of talent around these parts and theres seriously nothing wrong with it, i back phunky up 100% with everything thats been said. it totally depends on the person ur dating and their level of tolerance, as long as they're not the bush scrub type that can't take an ethnic girl home to their parents then everything is fine... :gridnod:

i HATE the filthy looks i get from people if im seen in a public place with an aussie boy... not to mention the lectures i get when i get home! i've always been told that i can date aussies but when it comes to marriage its 'strongly recommended' to get hitched to an asian (meaning indian not oriental). from what ive seen of the 'city' asians i dont think id wanna poke one with a 40ft stick... they're so backwards and absorbed in their culture! (excuse the generalisation but i did say from WHAT I HAVE SEEN) i assure u if i meet a nice indian bloke i.e. the male equivalent of me :D id be more then happy to marry him and im sure my mum would love it too! :p

ive heard the olds going on once before about how children from interracial marriages get looked down apon in the cities and treated differently like 'half-caste' kids sorta thing and that they dont belong in either culture or in the societies there. does this stuff actually still happen???:confused:

ShirLz

Hey krayzie, i'm indian as well....but like i've had a curry boyfriend and well i would have gone out w/ him regardless of his race and all, coz he was genuinely a nice guy...but i've had like a greek/italian boyfriend as well..n he was nice too..lolz i have a point somewhere here...to answer your question, i reckon generalisations r no longer acceptable, perhaps not to the extent it was a few decades ago..n even if it was true...btw i live in the "city" n i'm not backward :p or absorbed in my culture......n even if these generalisations did exist, y let it get in the way in the first place? if i really like or luv someone, their racial background has never been the decidin factor - not like they choose it themselves. What exactly is my point in the midst of this rantin n raving?>???

oh yeah, stuff generalisations..if ppl generalise, it has nothin to do w/ their location or position in society, but rather just plain blindness, hypocritical, bigotry, n plain WRONG...wrong i tells ya...
btw, if your olds r like mine, they probly tryin to scare ya into non - inter relationshippin [is dat a word? well it is now :p ]

n now i shall get off mah high stage :D :p

*krayzie*

i know generalisations suck but everyone does it...

and yeah its not the persons culture i have a prob with, its the way they act, their whole personality... race has nothing to do with who i will and wont be involved with and its not a way of eliminating possible guys...

I'LL TRY ANYTHING ONCE! :gridnod:

my view is u can't help who u fall for, some people take a liking to asians, some to english, some to australians... but in the end we're all people and the colour of your skin or your accent doesnt change who u are as a person...

so why are there still people who are against interracial marriages? can someone who is actually against them give me a few decent reasons?!!!

HSC
Hrmm...

Just realised that I haven't actually addressed the topic question, been to busy arguing about other stuff....:p

Anyways, I'm totally pro-interacial relationships. The less there is to differentiate between people of different "races" in the future (due to interacial babies), the less racism there is....

I personally find half asian half white chicks to be very attractive.... :)

ShirLz

lolz well now that u've said they're generalisin and stereotyping, do u really think someone's gonna put hteir hand up and go "AHOY, I'm a geneeralist wanker" :p i mean they could,,,but what r the chances?? :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
*stands up*

"AHOY! my name is anti and i'm a generalising wanker"

*giggles*

it sounds kinda funny :)

Sorry, I hijacked this thread - i haven't read it yet.

I don't think a relationship matters as long as the participants are both human...

Edit: fixed ;)

Last edited:

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by ShirLz
lolz well now that u've said they're generalisin and stereotyping, do u really think someone's gonna put hteir hand up and go "AHOY, I'm a geneeralist wanker" :p i mean they could,,,but what r the chances?? :D

lol see i knew someone would say it.... (anti)

just wait for the spam now shirlz........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)