Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
well i dont really care if they're r asian guys here or not anywayz :p :p

as if u know if its a hole up here or not!! hav u been here? huh?! huh?! NO! u haven't..

:chainsaw:

Sarah J

HSC
Originally posted by Christine

how the hell, do u always manage to be right??? except about the cat thing.... :p

man i miss double italian :(
Firstly, you're delusional Christine. WHY CAN YOU NOT FACE THE TRUTH AND COME TO THE REALISATION THAT CATS ARE JUST PLAIN WRONG?!!! poor, poor delusional Christine. :p ;) :D

lol.

and I'll miss double italian "listening" (to our conversations) lesson too. *sigh*

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J

Firstly, you're delusional Christine. WHY CAN YOU NOT FACE THE TRUTH AND COME TO THE REALISATION THAT CATS ARE JUST PLAIN WRONG?!!! poor, poor delusional Christine. :p ;) :D

lol.

and I'll miss double italian "listening" (to our conversations) lesson too. *sigh*
ISH!!!!!! i am not delusional. (this week). :)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
heyyy!
cool avatar Sarah J! :p
mee want 1.... :gridnod: :gridnod:

i wanna break dancing 1 hehe.. :p

HSC
Originally posted by phunky

like i said, speaking ur own language is sometimes just seen as rude... u know what i mean. like in public and stuff. u can keep ur culture without havin to do all these things. i wouldn't say that i am cultureless- and i don't do any of those things. it's mainly cos it's in u and u can't take it away, and no matter how i change as a person, my mum still does things that are the azn way. that is still culture isn't it. i am just simply saying that u can b azn, but not be at the same time. i don't know if u get me... i know what i am saying! lol
Why is it seen as rude to express yourself in a manner that you feel comfortable with? It's narrow-minded to think that the only way to express yourself is through English...

Are you saying a grandmother who came from china recently is expected to express herself fluently through English straight away? People just don't instantaneously assimilate to a foreign culture, especially if they spent most of their life in a different country... It's funny how you call other people closed minded, and yet you are narrow-minded yourself...

And btw language is a MAJOR part of a culture. It is the way an entire culture EXPRESSES itself.... whether it be through poetry, a conversation or a song.....

ShirLz

For you to assume that someone speakin in their own language means they're sayin sthg rude or sthg behind your back merely reflects on your poor perspective on ppl as opposed to their failure to assimilate into the "aussie" culture.

if you advocate multicultaralism n have nothing against other cultures, then perhaps you should appreciate the differences in ppl's lifestyles and attitudes and manners of speaking. To you, it may seem rude when someone talks at the top of their voice in a supermarket, but to them its a way of self-expression and a way that they're comfortable w/...this is a democratic country u know, and if you can't stand it, then i suggest u change supermarkets...mayb theres one round where only "true-blue" monolingual austalians can go :rolleyes:

bak to the topic of the thread, hmmmz i just fall for the guy, with no attention to his racial background, culture, or whether he speaks his own language in public :p

HSC
Originally posted by ShirLz
For you to assume that someone speakin in their own language means they're sayin sthg rude or sthg behind your back merely reflects on your poor perspective on ppl as opposed to their failure to assimilate into the "aussie" culture.

if you advocate multicultaralism n have nothing against other cultures, then perhaps you should appreciate the differences in ppl's lifestyles and attitudes and manners of speaking. To you, it may seem rude when someone talks at the top of their voice in a supermarket, but to them its a way of self-expression and a way that they're comfortable w/...this is a democratic country u know, and if you can't stand it, then i suggest u change supermarkets...mayb theres one round where only "true-blue" monolingual austalians can go :rolleyes:

bak to the topic of the thread, hmmmz i just fall for the guy, with no attention to his racial background, culture, or whether he speaks his own language in public :p
exactly

phunky

Originally posted by mercurydrinker

Why is it seen as rude to express yourself in a manner that you feel comfortable with? It's narrow-minded to think that the only way to express yourself is through English...

Are you saying a grandmother who came from china recently is expected to express herself fluently through English straight away? People just don't instantaneously assimilate to a foreign culture, especially if they spent most of their life in a different country... It's funny how you call other people closed minded, and yet you are narrow-minded yourself...

And btw language is a MAJOR part of a culture. It is the way an entire culture EXPRESSES itself.... whether it be through poetry, a conversation or a song.....
If u read my previous posts- ur obviously too quick to make a judgement because u didn't even read it- i said that yes it's fine if someone is old or whatever- u can't expect them to learn, but what about us younger ones- or even our parents? i have seen fights in schol happen because someone thought an azm person was talking about them becoz they were whispering in a different language. Not everyone can understand u, and it can become rude for those ppl. you speak the majority language. keeping ur culture and ur language is fine- but there's time and place for it. if ur langauge is so importaNT- well sorry but i don't see ur teachers communicating to u in that language. Culture is cool- yeah whatever- but at school, in the playground- in public places like lifts and stuff... perhaps it is better to speak english?

ShirLz

i have seen fights in schol happen because someone thought an azm person was talking about them becoz they were whispering in a different language.
I guess your school's a bit high on them hormonal levels :rolleyes: may i suggest your school put in place sthg called racial tolerance, commonly referred to as multiculturalism...live n let live, i say :eek:

phunky

Actually- I am the starter ot the multicultural committee ( anti-racism team) in my school. I worked hard to set up this program, and have been working on it in 2 yrs. whether it'll be carried on- i dunno, cos i am not there now... i have addressed the assembly numerous of times and was a speaker at the zonta conference.
I am not here on this board to argue with anyone or whatever. Whether u share my view or not- wekll ultimately i don't really care- but i know that i have contributed to my school, and that there would be others who share my view. :)

ShirLz

good for u - seems like a good idea - multicultarlism committee...n u're rite we're not here to argue - we just tend to get carried away :D i guess we'll just have to accept our differences in opinion :p

phunky

Our multiculurlism team was atually really fun- we did al sorts of celebrations, but when the hsc started it got in the way a bit. we had regular meditation days where students attended and we had candles and stuff in the hall- the school even gave us a notice board! that was really cool. and we celebrated buddah's bday and st patricks day, and yeah heaps of other culttural activities...
I am hoping that the school can keep it going!
i got interviewed by the paper for it! that was cool! :)

As narrowed minded as i may seem to some- or whatever u think of me- i honestly feel that i am simply stating what i feel. I have not made any direct stab at anyone- unlike some who seem to have said shit about my thoughts. hey- at least i am open to what u think- i am simply telling u what i think after!

Sarah J

HSC
That sounds fun.

I wish our school had something like that. Come to think about it, it was pretty racist. Even the teachers were....:mad1:

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
That sounds fun.

I wish our school had something like that. Come to think about it, it was pretty racist. Even the teachers were....:mad1:
do u think?? yea i know there was a lot in previos years but our grade wasn't bad with the racism? more friendly competition than anything...

Daz

I think its funny how phunky goes on, don't you think she's cute though I'm the aussie boy she's talking about.
Love ya babe:D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
omg!!!

LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop posting :grinshak: :grinshak:

ur catchin up to me....!! :chainsaw:

stop now.. go out wit ur friends or sumthing :p :p

hehehe.. :D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hold up....

Mmmm....

what friends??!! hahaha.. :gridnod: :gridnod:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)