• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Intelligence: Do you care? (1 Viewer)

a

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
jumb said:
no, i just didnt agree with it
I don't either I just felt like writing something... Truth is that some more homely guys do manage to score attractive girls sometimes and vice versa blah blah simplistic crap blah blah thread.

cfair

Banned
HSC
If it's just a hook up I don't care... I wouldn't find out until the next day anyway.

Relationship - They can't be stupid.

munchybuddy

HSC
i cant go out with someone who is really unintelligent, i dont like to feel like i am the smarter one- i dunno y but yea.
i like someone who is in between- someone with just average intelligence but someone who has heaps of common sense.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'll put up with an idiot for a while (if they are hot enough) but for a relationship to last they need to be at a little bit intelligent.

T

Testpilot

I find intelligence attractive, i couldn't have a long relationship with someone who didn't have some sought of clue about the world.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I can't deal with stupid people in any facet of my life, esp. relationships.

EDIT: If you commit massive logical fallacies when you're having emotional arguments with me, and I can identify them, you're not worth my time.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
nah intelligence isnt really that important to me. I used to think otherwise, but ive had just as much fun with girls who arent intellectual. Obviously i am not going to start dating a retard, but just your average intelligence is fine with me, even a bit below i am ok with and because i assume average intelligence, then it doesnt usually factor in when choosing someone.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Somewhat yes. It's a factor, but shouldn't be the deciding factor.

T

trolloutaface

A High Way Man said:
as long as the person isn't a complete dumb fuck to be honest only an ugly to average looking person would care about intelligence
qft.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It doesn't matter whether you enjoy their company, hell you probably spend most of your private time with him being beaten in alcohol fueled rage. It's what your friends think of him.

absolutlaura

HSC
A High Way Man said:
is it... is it really?
consider a hideously ugly but self-aware individual on the look out for a potential "mate". would they judge the suitability of the potential mate by their attractiveness? i know if i was this hideously ugly but self-aware individual i wouldn't, because it's hypocritical. (maybe this is a particular inhibition that i have but others don't). i'd look for something else that I can relate to.

sorry for speaking darwinian
I agree that a hideously ugly person may not look for attractiveness out of neccesity, but I still dont understand why, by your reasoning only ugly/average people judge a potential 'mate' by intelligence.. is that to say that all attractive people are interested in is attractiveness in others? Its still a generalisation no matter how you word it :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I can't believe people actually care about this topic tbh... lol ^_^

T

trolloutaface

Schroedinger said:
To be fair Diane, though, it's mostly just because you assume everyone's smarter than you and thus you're the prettiest.

Doesn't work that way my dear.
I don't understand what you're trying to say tbh... :(

but I don't assume that everyone's smarter than me!

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
Intelligence is the single most important thing to me. I've been with girls previously who haven't been up to my standards and it was horrible, they couldn't even follow what I was saying because they couldn't understand half my vocabulary. In other news, i've met as awesome girl, smart, sexy, interesting.. Now to see what the catch is (oh and if my feelings are reciprocated, but I think they are).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)