Intel CeleronM Vs Intel Pentium M (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
Hey guys,

I was just wondering which one is better. Can someone give me some pros and cons of both of these?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Depends on the hardware:

If a celeron-m comes with 1gb of ram, and the pentium comes with 128mb, you're probably going to want to opt for the celeron for it's memory power.

Do you have any specifics in mind, or just generally wondering?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In a direct comparison then the Pentium M is definitely better; but for a lot of people, the Celeron is more than sufficient for day to day tasks. However bear in mind that a lot of people with Celeron chips which claim a high clockspeed, often fall short of standard Pentium processors with a lower speed. I'm not exactly sure why or how they are designed, but a Celeron with a high speed doesn't necessarily equate to great performance... but if all you're doing is Word, Internet, MSN, etc... it should be sufficient. Try to chuck in more RAM if you can since a lot of the time, it's the lack of RAM not CPU speed which slows down the PC.

Truly_bored

HSC
Is there much difference between getting an Intel Celeron M, 1.6 GHZ or an Intel Pentium M, 1.6. GHZ both with 512 MB.

Collin

HSC
N/A
His question obviously implies a comparison in which the only variable is the processor itself. Hence, Pentium M. So yes, a 1.6GHz Celeron M is less powerful than a 1.6GHz Pentium M.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)