(Integration), what did I do wrong? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
From the first line to the second line you just separate the numbers in the numerator to make your life easier

x^3/x^2 - 2x^2/x^2 + 1/x^2

= x - 2 + 1/x^2

= x - 2 + x^-2

Just integrate that and it becomes

[ x^2/2 - 2x -1/x]

then plug in the 2 and the 1.

(2^2/2 - 2(2) - 1/2) - (1/2 - 2 - 1)

= 0

/thread

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Ok.. i'm just gonna say your factorisation is not correct. Look at Perve's/Sausages working and follow.
So now you say that my factorisation was not correct? You know you were the only actually who stirred this up? Because the whole time you were saying that my factorisation was not wrong.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
My second line is basically where I factorise, can't you see that?
your second line was wrong though, that's why you aren't getting the correct answer

you should of ended with x-2+1/x^2

From the first line to the second line you just separate the numbers in the numerator to make your life easier

x^3/x^2 - 2x^2/x^2 + 1/x^2

= x - 2 + 1/x^2

= x - 2 + x^-2

Just integrate that

/thread

stronk post

even though two people posted the same thing 30mins ago

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
And I was apparently the troll...

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
So now you say that my factorisation was not correct? You know you were the only actually who stirred this up? Because the whole time you were saying that my factorisation was not wrong.
i'm saying > x^3-2x^2= x^2(x-2) was correct, when i say your factorisation was correct. Not your entire line.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
your factorising was wrong though, that's why you aren't getting the correct answer

you should of ended with x-2+1/x^2

stronk post

even though two people posted the same thing 30mins ago
OP obv didn't get it initially

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
i'm saying > x^3-2x^2= x^2(x-2) was correct, when i say your factorisation was correct. Not your entire line.
And now you're specifying what you meant by my factorisation? I already knew my factorisation was correct, but you're explanation was useless.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
And now you're specifying what you meant by my factorisation? I already knew my factorisation was correct, but you're explanation was useless.
ceebs reading through 49 posts but do you get it now?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
no, i just question the legitimacy of a poster when a question goes to 3 pages. apologies if i caused any offence
No offence taken, it was actually 3 pages of posts from a person who didn't explain what he was trying to say.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It's not wrong, but i don't get why you would do it. It's just wasting an additional line of writing.
I said your factorisation was not wrong... But the thing you ended up with in the end was completely wrong.
Ok.. i'm just gonna say your factorisation is not correct. Look at Perve's/Sausages working and follow.
This is where you confused me big time, the whole time you were saying that my factorisation was not wrong, and then you finally say that it's not correct.

Can you repost what exactly confused you.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
This is where you confused me big time, the whole time you were saying that my factorisation was not wrong, and then you finally say that it's not correct.
"Ok.. i'm just gonna say your factorisation is not correct. " I said that for arguments sake, like "just assume this is wrong and move on" type thing.

HSC
oh deary, the cancelling out of the denominator when both terms do not include it is an ultimately pet peeve for my maths teacher. Don't worry if you see your teacher spluttering in disbelief why some people do that, in front of the class, you would remember not to do that

x^2 (x-2) + 1 over x^2 you cannot cancel x^2 as there is a 1 that does not have x^2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)