inner journeys suck.... :( help (1 Viewer)

A girl

wat the hell am i spose to write abt inner journeys?.. do u just define it?.. or wat... wat exactlyy IS an inner journey?... :'(
like wen u write abt my place.. u say.. its.. a story abt sum chick's inner journey?.. and u kno this because?.. like i dun get how to write abt it...

wat related texts shud i do? how do i related it to my place?.. i need one by this fri..

all help will be appreciated..

:D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
haha i'm guessin u too just started yr12 english (like me).. sorri can't help i'm not doin that text.

.. but i'm doin inner journeys too.. i'm at bhhs. u? as for what it is.. its like a journey inside of u.. a self discovery one.. like.. realising that the world isn't centred around u is an example of an inner journey.. or.. realising that friendships are important.. or that people come and go... or the change from being a self-centered bastard to a humantiarian kinda thing. thats what i think it is.. i could be wrong.

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHA!!!

Ah, another "My Place Sucks" thread. Let me give you a quick overview:

An inner journey is a mental/emotional/psychological journey, if you like. In Sally's case, her journey is from a "normal person" --> Discovering her family past/heritage --> Accepting and Embracing Aboriginal heritage.

"What had begun as a quest for knowledge became an emotional and spiritual pilgrimage" (I think).
Talk a lot about culture and values and how they change. Remember that it's an autobiography, look at the change in values - when Sally is young, she's relatively unaware of what's going on, but as she gets older, she begins to actively seek "the truth".

Ugh, I hate My Place. Enjoyable to read but HUGE lack of techniques. WAIT! Here's one. There is a shift of personal pronoun in the book - it begins as "I", but changes to "we" when Sally speaks not as an individual, but as a representative of her people. It shows the shift from individual to a member of a culture, signifying Sally's realisation and acceptance of her true heritage.

Someone else's turn now...

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
INTRO: a good way to start is to define an inner journey including some characteristics. Then BRIEFLY say how this is shown in your text/s
BODY: Elaborate. Don't forget quotes/ examples
CONCLUSION: similar to intro, but you dont need the definition
i know this is brief, but i hope it helps!!

HSC
N/A
Hmm I would actually refrain from defining an inner journey. The markers know what an inner journey is, just answer the damn question! lol.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
when your doing your essay. You've got to say your definition then relate all the texts back to your definition. Then relate it to the exam question.

So yeh start with an easy definition. An inner journey is the journey of mind and spirit.

Or whatever you think inner journeys. is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)