Information on Accommodation (2 Viewers)

freaksoutalot

HSC
ah ok well i sorta live outta the way (nelson bay, hour north of port stephens) so im kinda looking into phone interviews and stuff.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
well then just rephrase your email to something like

"i will be overseas between {dates} and would like to schedule a phone interview before i leave if possible. I would be very keen to go to johns.. bla bla etc etc"

Tha Wishkah

HSC
Hi, really looking foward to ANU in 2010, (B Economics) but i just had a couple of questions as i deferred and i’m having trouble finding much information.

Firstly, I re-applied or confirmed my enrolment online a while ago after my deferment, however i didn’t received any acknowledgement or confirmation that i had re-enrolled, should i send them an email or ring them just to double check everythings ok?

Also, i’ve applied online for accommodation, my preferences were Fenner, Burgmann, Johns, Ursu, but again i haven’t heard too much in response from them. Should i contact them to double check and also just let them know that i had a gap year, and completed HSC 08?

I know that Fenner is smaller and a little while away from campus, but whats the community like? Is there much interaction between people from say Fenner/Burgmann? Are there parties etc at fenner hall?
Thanks heaps for any help you can offer, i look foward to hopefully seeing you all next year

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Firstly, I re-applied or confirmed my enrolment online a while ago after my deferment, however i didn’t received any acknowledgement or confirmation that i had re-enrolled, should i send them an email or ring them just to double check everythings ok?
why not, just give them a ring. however isnt there a place where you go online and check the status? can you get onto isis?
Also, i’ve applied online for accommodation, my preferences were Fenner, Burgmann, Johns, Ursu, but again i haven’t heard too much in response from them. Should i contact them to double check and also just let them know that i had a gap year, and completed HSC 08?
did you apply for accom this year? just log on at the accom website to see if you've submitted a form, if yes then everything is fine.

I know that Fenner is smaller and a little while away from campus, but whats the community like?

mostly international, its ok.

Is there much interaction between people from say Fenner/Burgmann?

if you have mates there, then you could go over for tav nights etc. In oweek and college events - sports band night etc + the college ball thingo. so yeh there are a number of events, mainly in o-week?
Are there parties etc at fenner hall?
yeh they have a few, not as many as some of the other halls. I do believe the roof parties can get very rowdy

just let us know if you have any questions. I prefer posting here over pm so others can read them (unless they're personal)

cricketfan10

HSC
after hours on the floors sure...but i doubt it's any different anywhere else. get to the common rooms/tv room and u can make all the noise u want. i believe ursula close their common rooms after midnight? or something like that

fenner is very social and went off after the touch rugby win a week or so ago.

blacksunset

HSC
I really think making nasty comments about all the other colleges is just going to leave you open for crticism towards Johns... where there is an awful lot of.

jooyang91

HSC
Is there any chance for a new undergraduate for 2010 to get into Bruce Hall Packard Wing or Ursula Hall Laurus Wing??
As I am very attracted to the academic and social aspect of Bruce Hall and Ursula Hall but also would prefer my own bathroom.. Which neither provides..
But the Packard Wing and Laurus Wing provides a personal bathroom in each room..
However, I've heard that it is designed mainly for Postgrads, Honour Students and later year undergrads..
So do I go for the safe option and put Bruce Hall or Ursula Hall as my first preference over the Packard and Laurus Wings??

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any chance for a new undergraduate for 2010 to get into Bruce Hall Packard Wing or Ursula Hall Laurus Wing??
As I am very attracted to the academic and social aspect of Bruce Hall and Ursula Hall but also would prefer my own bathroom.. Which neither provides..
But the Packard Wing and Laurus Wing provides a personal bathroom in each room..
However, I've heard that it is designed mainly for Postgrads, Honour Students and later year undergrads..
So do I go for the safe option and put Bruce Hall or Ursula Hall as my first preference over the Packard and Laurus Wings??
First year undergrads aren't even considered for Packard. My sister got into Pack in 2nd semester of her 2nd year, which to my knowledge is the earliest anyone has been able to. You're usually not allowed to apply until your third year. I'm guessing Laurus is pretty similar.

jooyang91

HSC
First year undergrads aren't even considered for Packard. My sister got into Pack in 2nd semester of her 2nd year, which to my knowledge is the earliest anyone has been able to. You're usually not allowed to apply until your third year. I'm guessing Laurus is pretty similar.
Thank You very much for ur input..:D:D
But just one more thing..
Is there a lot of international students that live in the Bruce and Ursula Hall? and are they given favour over domestic students that live out of the Canberra area to jeapordise my chances of winning a spot in one of those 2 Halls??

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
theres a fair number for international students at all halls. dw you wont be the only internat.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Was she the chick who pretended to be vegan?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
You're usually not allowed to apply until your third year. I'm guessing Laurus is pretty similar.
yep "mature 2nd year students and above" was their criteria.

PS - they are already full. Spoke to the Head of Ursies a month or so ago

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Was she the chick who pretended to be vegan?
? She's vegetarian. That was part of the reason she got in, also because there were no Common Room Committee members in Packard so it wasn't very represented. Also (chiefly) because the Dean of Bruce liked my sister (she's very biased towards female Bruce ressies).

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
That dean will be gone next year

anyway humph - there was an actual vegan girl who got packard in her first year - halfway through her first semester.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Okay, I applied for accomodation way back on the 29th of August, when applications opened. Burgmann was my first choice and I remember reading that they called people for phone interviews around late November/early December, and that it was on a first-come-first-serve basis. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm concerned that perhaps my application didn't go through properly, for whatever reason. Except that I don't remember my login details. Does anyone know what I can do? Was it a self-chosen username or the email address you registered with or what...?

HiddenDragon

HSC
Okay, I applied for accomodation way back on the 29th of August, when applications opened. Burgmann was my first choice and I remember reading that they called people for phone interviews around late November/early December, and that it was on a first-come-first-serve basis. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm concerned that perhaps my application didn't go through properly, for whatever reason. Except that I don't remember my login details. Does anyone know what I can do? Was it a self-chosen username or the email address you registered with or what...?
I also had burgmann for first preference but i dont remember them asking for a phone interview, that is only for Johns from memory. Your login details would be an email you got and the username and password are 6 digit numbers they send to you in that email.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Yes, thankyou, I had a hunt through my folders and found the email with the login details :) And I think they do ask for a phone interview, I remember talking to someone at the Open Day about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)