Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

tripyamine

HSC
at least im not the only one........... but man I want a college so bad!

charmaineyyl

HSC
Mine still says academic offer made. I'm hoping to get into any college hall, anything but UniLodge please!

I think the only chance I have is if someone declines/defers their offer of accomodation =(
ugh me too :( but if it says "being considered for UniLodge" will we still be under consideration for the other halls? this is sooo crappy, not having accommodation settled yet :(

Sammy-Blue

HSC
You should all really stop worrying, just because you end up living in a particular college it's not like they force you to spend all your free time there.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
You should all really stop worrying, just because you end up living in a particular college it's not like they force you to spend all your free time there.
+ at least you first years are guaranteed accom...

John555

HSC
ugh me too :( but if it says "being considered for UniLodge" will we still be under consideration for the other halls? this is sooo crappy, not having accommodation settled yet :(
Im not sure if were under consideration for the other halls either, can anyone clarify on this?
Btw I still don't have an accomodation offer yet, so I'm guessing end of this week? I kind of in a rush to get this sorted so I can make preparations etc.

Last edited:

John555

HSC
True, but some people will be dissapointed with missing out on the WHOLE college experience =(
After all, a UniLodge contract is for 48 weeks lol, first year gone ...

Last edited:

charmaineyyl

HSC
Im not sure if were under consideration for the other halls either, can anyone clarify on this?
Btw I still don't have an accomodation offer yet, so I'm guessing end of this week? I kind of in a rush to get this sorted so I can make preparations etc.
Yea, well according to Anna, we're supposed to have a definite place end of this week, but its already friday and they dont work on saturdays and sundays do they? so i guess it goes into the next week.

Ugh i know how you feel, im also in a rush to get an answer, have you looked at off-campus accommodation? Turner, O'conner, Braddon and Ainsile seem to be pretty near the school? Try going to www.allhomes.com.au I really wanted a fully-catered on campus accommodation but by the looks of it, not happening :( oh well.

jessmford

HSC
Hi all, sooo excited to study B Law/Arts at ANU this year :D
I only found this forum few days back, before then I had no idea about lack of social events in UL - I'm a Queenslander and I rarely get info on interstate uni's or residential colleges for that matter. I thought I'd be better off with UL as I'm not too fond of communal shower or camping food. So I haven't applied to any colleges, only to the lodges and now it looks like I'm going to miss out on a lot of socials and parties by not going to one of the colleges :mad: If only I had found this forum few months earlier!!!!
Anyhooo... I just received an email saying I got offered a 3 bedroom share at Davey lodge. Does this mean I can't apply for any colleges even in next year and will just have to live FIVE years in UL? Or can I change whenever I want to?
And one more thing - do people go to parties/gathos outside their own colleges? What if you're not living in a college but UL, will you be able to go to college socials?
Anyway, that's all!

HiddenDragon

HSC
Hopefully i get Fenner then over UL. It really dosnt look too bad, ill just have to learn to cook within the next three weeks.

Oh and it also has a lift! Fancy!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Anyhooo... I just received an email saying I got offered a 3 bedroom share at Davey lodge. Does this mean I can't apply for any colleges even in next year and will just have to live FIVE years in UL? Or can I change whenever I want to?
And one more thing - do people go to parties/gathos outside their own colleges? What if you're not living in a college but UL, will you be able to go to college socials?
Anyway, that's all!
you can transfer between colleges, but remember you wont have the 1st year guarantee so the chances of getting across are slim-ish

You best chances are applying to transfer halfway through the year. Also, applications for transfer between colleges close early like september.

parties - umm yhe, there are college events, but then everyone goes out.

Last edited:

Epic

HSC
Now I'm under consideration for UniLodge...

Why is my accommodation status "Current Status: Academic Offer Made" even though I've accepted my offer. Has anyone elses not changed?

HiddenDragon

HSC
Now I'm under consideration for UniLodge...

Why is my accommodation status "Current Status: Academic Offer Made" even though I've accepted my offer. Has anyone elses not changed?
dw mine still says that too, i dont think they change it

John555

HSC
Mine also has the same status. Btw Davo, since UniLodge contracts are for 48 weeks, wouldn't it be unpractical to transfer into a Hall in mid semester?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Mine also has the same status. Btw Davo, since UniLodge contracts are for 48 weeks, wouldn't it be unpractical to transfer into a Hall in mid semester?
simply yes, id only change if you really hated it. You would have to break contract

gingerwitch28

HSC
Wait, did you guys accept through UAC? I'm overseas and I couldnt get onto UAC straightaway but i got my older brother to do it and he said you had to wait for the mail from ANU, but the rest of you seem to have accepted yours already?

I'm freaked out, I epic fail at life and get stressed really easily and for some reason I'm getting considered for Fenner when I already got rejected by Burgmann and then I applied for Ursies but I applied on like the first day so I'm like whaaa? How are all these people getting into colleges when they applied later and its on a first-come first-served basis?

charmaineyyl

HSC
Wait, did you guys accept through UAC? I'm overseas and I couldnt get onto UAC straightaway but i got my older brother to do it and he said you had to wait for the mail from ANU, but the rest of you seem to have accepted yours already?

I'm freaked out, I epic fail at life and get stressed really easily and for some reason I'm getting considered for Fenner when I already got rejected by Burgmann and then I applied for Ursies but I applied on like the first day so I'm like whaaa? How are all these people getting into colleges when they applied later and its on a first-come first-served basis?
yeah i went from bruce to ursula to burgmann to johns and now im being considered for Unilodge that seems to be so much more expensive and unreasonably priced. I applied the first day after apps were opened so I really have no clue whats taking so long :( i've been waiting for almost half a year now for accommodation, pretty ridiculous but seems like a lot of us still are.

gingerwitch28

HSC
yeah, dammit this is so crap. I can't cook to save my life! Oh well, could be worse... I am confused though... We'll deal with it I suppose.

gah i was so so excited for ANU and now it just seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

John555

HSC
I don't think its a first come first serve basis, I think they try to balance their college communities according to interests, gender, academic abilitiy, sporting ability etc. I mean if 90% of the college were males while the other 10% were females simply because the males all happened to apply earlier, then it would create a pretty unfair/unbalanced community Im guessing.

Oh and I accepted via UAC, they had a link for accepting your offer in which it directed you to this link: http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/admission/accepting_your_offer/
So if thats what your brother did, then you should be fine.

Last edited:

gingerwitch28

HSC
*snorts* A degree in Software Engineering and he can't work out to click the link that says 'click for instructions to accept your offer'. I couldn't get onto UAC but he had, and he told me that you can only accept by mail which should be sent out within 8 days. That struck me as odd, because as far as I knew it was all done online, but my brother isn't as technologically illiterate as my dad so I was like 'yeah ok'. Then I came here and everyone was talking about accepting their offers and I was like 'huh?' I can't get onto UAC right now because of the time difference (it's closed between 12 and 7:30am) but my brother had emailed me a screencap of the offer page and I looked at it and was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. I've done it now, but it seems too late to get the type of accomodation I was hoping for. Argh! Oh well, I'll deal... At least I got my course!

Edit: Just found out a friend is being considered for Fenner too. That makes me feel much better, I'm kind of uninteresting so having one friend there is a huge comfort.

Last edited:

HiddenDragon

HSC
Quite a few people here are under consideration for fenner including me, im glad i put it as 4th preference over unilodge lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)