Information on Accommodation (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Does anyone else's still say application received instead of academic offer made/accepted? I'm so scared they won't change the status until the end and by then it will be too late to get into any of the catered colleges
Yes, mine is still Application Received. Some halls don't make offers until after UAC.

John555

HSC
My accomodation status is also application received... being considered for APP Bruce Hall. I'm think most of us will receive our accom offers after UAC offers arr released.

John555

HSC
its in the faq dude. usually for the first semester, then they try and shift you into a college.
Oh ok thanks! On the faq it said we could be put into a hotel, but not for how long =P I sure hope I don't end up in the hotel. But in the scenario that we do end up in the hotel, how far is the hotel from ANU's campus and would our opportunities for social participation and meeting other new students be diminished?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
They send you to the Rex, next door to fenner. Alledgedly you're part of fenner, and take in all the socal events/facilities fenner has. Tbh its not a bad deal, a nice apartment for the cost of fenner.

dreamee

HSC
Re: glee

I was more or less in your situation last year. It was pretty bad last year, with offers going out a day before Oweek started.

Unilodge wasn't on my preference either, but it was what i got offered.

However, I had a fantastic time in a 5 room multishare with some awesome room mates. Apart from the slightly heftier cost compared to an uncatered college, it was well worth it. It's quite a luxury having your own living room, tv, kitchen, bathrooms. The building is also quite new, compared to the colleges. It is also very conveniently located to first year lecture theatres (about a 30 second sprint).

Please also note that unilodge is cheaper than catered colleges. In fact, according to 2009 prices, I saved about $40 a week living at unilodge compared with say, Bruce. However, it is considerably more expensive than living at B&G or Fenner (by more than $50).

About the cooking: it really was a highlight, cooking with my roommates, and learning all the different dishes that each of us could cook.
with the bad social rep: sure, you might have to put more effort in making friends. People aren't just hanging around, like they do at the colleges. However, if you're in a big multishare, your room mates are a good place to start. And the management improve the social events every year. so with just a little bit of effort, you'll still have a great time and make lots of great friends.

Having said all that, I did transfer out, mostly due to cost reasons.

But for those who get Unilodge, don't freak out. take the bad rep with a pinch of salt, relax and go with it. Be prepared to give a bit of yourself to help the social environment along, and you'll have a great time. University is ultimately what you make of it.

Last edited:

HiddenDragon

HSC
The status of my accom offer has changed to Academic Offer Made.

Hopefully it changes soon

John555

HSC
My status changed to academic offer made. Havent got an accom offer yet though.

abyrne1

HSC
Still waiting on Bruce. Though it still says they're considering me, so I'm taking that as a good sign....

Epic

HSC
My status changed to academic offer made. Havent got an accom offer yet though.
Yeah mine changed to...but they haven't updated it to academic offer accepted lol. I wish the system was automated.

eb590

HSC
just got an email with my accom offer - got into bruce hall!!!!
anyone else going to bruce???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)