• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

In your opinion what is the most important subject? (2 Viewers)

lovethehsc2

HSC
WannaBang? said:
He's right! Imagine a world where people don't even know the volume of water available in a 5 meter water tank!!!
I agree.

Love the sarcasm :p

Imagine not knowing projectile motion, even though only reclusive scientists need to study this :shocked:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
He's right! Imagine a world where people don't even know the volume of water available in a 5 meter water tank!!!
Well. That basically means all subjects are all important.

Without history, we wouldn't know about what happened in the past and would not be able to learn from past mistakes & successes.

Without science, most of the technology that exists in the world would not even exist.

Without english, people would not be able to communicate efficiently.

Without music, people would have not much to do for their amusement.

Without commerce, the economy would be in jeopardy (people would have no concept of rising interest rate).

Without religious education, we would find it difficult to understand people from other religions.

Without geography, we would not be able to understand the weather systems and whole a lot of stuffs.

etc and etc.....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lovethehsc2 said:
No you're wrong.

Without HSC religious education we can still treat those from alternative religions respectfully.

Without HSC commerce, those who wished to understand rising interest rates could enrol in university business or even tafe diplomas (or even just read business mags/newspapers/subscriptions).

Without HSC science, we'd still have inventors (who the hell comes up with new technology while studying for the hsc?)

You get the point.

And HSC maths is not that important, as you learn most of what you need to apply in the real world by SC.
What about Maths and English then???

By the way, I was merely talking about subjects in general (just commerce in general and science in general). I was not specifically talking about HSC commerce (and there is no HSC commerce)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lovethehsc2 said:
And HSC maths is not that important, as you learn most of what you need to apply in the real world by SC.

Stop using Reductio ad absurdum.
lol no. You don't learn calculus in SC math. Try getting through life without calculus. It's just not possible.

He didn't use reductio ad absurdum. Don't say reductio ad absurdum when you can just say reducing to absurdity. We're not emo english freaks.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lovethehsc2 said:
I know you were, that's why i did my post, to highlight your lack of knowledge.

Of all the HSC subjects, english would have to be the most useful for MOST people in the LONG RUN. You can argue that it's all memorising, but in order to construct a proper response it still means you have to understand well the grammar and spelling in good essays.

And actually reductio ad absurdum is latin, in case you were not cultured enough to understand. (You two operate as a tag one-two combo too often, it's sickening).
HSC english isn't as useful. Everything you needed to know was done by yr 10.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
foram said:
HSC english isn't as useful. Everything you needed to know was done by yr 10.
year 10 english was a joke. prelim and hsc actually pose challenges.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lovethehsc2 said:
I said you openly admit that you have ESL as in english as a second language, not the subject which is evident in my post that you have even quoted yourself.

Also i am not prejudicial but you APPEAR to be. You ask me to 'improve' my grammar when it's already clear that you need to improve yours. I never said that you had poor grammar UNTIL you tried to nitpick my sentence/s.

I never judged others because of their english abilities, try to find a quote of mine which says just that. It simply APPEARS (once again) that you have an inherent sense of disadvantage (ie victim mentality) as a result of your background.

Yes if i am White it means i already KNOW english very well. Maybe not HSC english, but i never said that did i? You need to not take anything others say so personally in the future.

edit: hahaha now you edit to add that in your post. Of course it makes sense, i suggest you speak to someone more knowledgeable than yourself before posting your reply.
I did not read the above post as I cannot be bothered to make up another post criticising you. I am sorry but I saw what you said in a wrong way or you probably represented them in a wrong way. I will END this discussion or you can end it by not posting anymore. Thanks.

iMiraj

HSC
Re: What is the most important subject?

MSE..

Maths
Science
English...

Personally, I Have never had any time for Looking at a globe or looking at the past...

And astrology is a definite NoNo xD

W

WHY???

"Why would i need to work on grammar when i'm white and know english like the back of my hand?"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Someone's a racist, egotistic little wanker...

lionking1191

HSC
yeah that was a bad quote, assuming he didn't mean it in the way everyone obviously thought he did :eek:

HSC
(nods) i have no tolerance for racism.

he'd better not have meant it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!
(shakes fist)

HSC
ooh! (looks at furum-thingo name)

maths??

we know our stuff for english etc, but maths is everywhere, we can't escape. (for instance, on the most basic and widely understood level, our lives are virtually controlled by money!!!!!!!!!!) :p

not actually demeaning the intellect of anyone, just saying... money is ther key! which sucks, i have virtually none. :(

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
ooh! (looks at furum-thingo name)

maths??

we know our stuff for english etc, but maths is everywhere, we can't escape. (for instance, on the most basic and widely understood level, our lives are virtually controlled by money!!!!!!!!!!) :p

not actually demeaning the intellect of anyone, just saying... money is ther key! which sucks, i have virtually none. :(
my mother, and many others in her generation, dropped out in year nine. never went back and did the hsc
she now works 9-5 as the bar manager at a very ritzy hotel, and deals with money every day.
she deals with centrelink benefits, tax, car and home loans and repayments, interest rates, shopping, discounts, shit like that all day, every day, with out ever having reached year 12 standard of mathematical knowledge.

granted she might not be able to help me if i need help with calculus, but she doesnt need it.

the every day aspects of maths that apparently mean we she all do maths to the hsc or well fail at basic life are life skills you pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)