In need of help (1 Viewer)

chris lawrence

HSC
Hey guys
Im in need of some guidance or suggestions on something that is holding me back from achieving my full potencial in this years HSC. I have ocd in which I must have everything perfect. This includes the neatness of my room, the neatness of my writting and the organisation of my folder etc. The thing is, insuring all this things are up to my standard in very time consuming. For example, my writting takes alot longer than others cause it must be neat and perfect. It is starting to make me very depressed and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? :confused::(

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Perhaps study in an area which requires little cleaning/organisation.

And rather than writing your notes/homework/class work, maybe try typing it?

I imagine this would also become an issue during exams or assessments - I think you should see a doctor/psychiatrist, and see if you can get some sort of help with your condition. I know there's a lot of people who have OCD but learn to manage it in everyday life.

Also, you may be eligible for special conditions in your HSC - perhaps they could give you a writer instead? What you would need is a proper diagnosis and medical certificate from a health professional.

Just know you can achieve anything you set your mind to - best of luck to you :)

bec_peace

HSC
You should go to your doctor and he will help you out. What would help you GREATLY would be a psychologist, maybe try headspace? Also apply to your school counsellor or deputy or whoever for special priveleges. Also at the unis you're applying to, try and get in under an ACCESS scheme that would help you heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)