Improvements. (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello humans,

What are you going to improve on next term? What will you do be doing in the holidays, consolidate or learn ahead?

Also to HSCers stalking this thread, how much did you improve in the HSC compared to Preliminary?

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Hello humans,

What are you going to improve on next term? What will you do be doing in the holidays, consolidate or learn ahead?

Also to HSCers stalking this thread, how much did you improve in the HSC compared to Preliminary?
my estimate after year 11 was 80-90 lol. now im looking at around mid 98s. this was mainly bcuz i took year 11 as an extended holiday like 90% of my grade.

also spiral dont do any work these holidays. believe me just enjoy them bcuz ull have enuff time when year 12 starts 4 study.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the input, it's quite hard for us Year 11s to believe that since we are work conscientious. But I am sure some Year 11s were like this too. It feels like we're not doing enough. But I guess it would make sense to take a huge break.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Thanks for the input, it's quite hard for us Year 11s to believe that since we are work conscientious. But I am sure some Year 11s were like this too. But I guess it would make sense to take a huge break.
well i only took yr 11 lightly bcuz my atar aim wasnt ridiculuously high. if u want 99.60+ then obviously u hav to use year 11 as a gud practice run for the actual hsc.
another tip for year 11s is to use the summer break in january to get belonging essays and creatives out of the way in english. i didnt do any work at all during this time but if u find like 30 minutes each day it removes a hefty burden during the trials and half yearlies

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I heard to use your summer holidays well however not study too hard as you don't want to burn out too soon. I did work in Year 11 but not that much. I made mistakes along with it too.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I heard to use your summer holidays well however not study too hard as you don't want to burn out too soon. I did work in Year 11 but not that much. I made mistakes along with it too.
a few 99.85+ ppl i hav talked to said they studied 5 hours a day in the Summer break. while other 99.85+ ppl said they were away on cadet camp or were on exchange.
it comes down to how constructive u r with ur study. if u r a person who struggles a lot with english, then i recommend using that summer break to concentrate and fix up ur english. also u hav to realise that the summer break is pretty damn long. even if u r the most popular kid in the world, there is no way u will hav social activites on every day. so u might as well do sum work in the break.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Cheers! I am off to the library now. Repped by the way.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
i also no a person who state ranked in 4 unit maffs. they had to use the summer break to completely learn the whole chemistry course bcuz during school time they were just focused on maths for 3-4 hours a night.

ej114

HSC
My plan is to read my first english text and pull out some techniques (possibly two texts if im up to it), organise my computer and start putting the syllabus into word doc's so i dont have to to it later and if i get really bored i may just read over the physics or bio textbook and make a few notes but nothing hard core.

goobi

HSC
During the coming 2-week holiday, I will probably look for and analyse my related texts for belonging, teaching complex number and polynomials(4U) myself. For the rest of the time, I will just chill at home.

absolute-newb

Banned
HSC
N/A
During the coming 2-week holiday, I will probably look for and analyse my related texts for belonging, teaching complex number and polynomials(4U) myself. For the rest of the time, I will just chill at home.
get ready to fail newbs

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not doing anything these holidays because I'll be overseas, but after I come back, I intend to start Yr 12 study regime and do some work in all the next holidays (I'm away for two weeks in the summer ones).

Gigacube

HSC
I'll probably do a quick overview of HSC physics and I'll try to read one of the English texts.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
i wouldnt bother doing content heavy subs like phys, 4U or chem in these holidays. i recommend u guys relax and if u really want to do sumfin read english texts.

anne1010

HSC
prelim ranks were pretty meh. doing alot better in hsc purely cause now i study every now and then..
id say i improved my ranks by a good 25% tbh

interesting

HSC
N/A
what do you all mean by reading english texts? are the texts for each school the same every year?

apollo1

Banned
HSC
^ they didn't tell us? or am i suppsoed to ask the current year 12's what they're doing
really? u shuld ask ur teacher. they will definitely tell you. dont ask the year 12 group bcuz the texts may have changed for 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)