Imporve Marks...Desperate!! (1 Viewer)

madmaddie

HSC
I have just recieved my half yearly marks back and i have just passed all my tests my marks are horrible. I entered them onto an online HSC UAI calculator and my UAI came up as 38.5. OMG how can i make sure i can get a decent UAI so late into the year. How can i imporve my marks to get decent marks in the trials and HSC coz i really do want a good UAI

By the way i get destracted easily and i am very disorganised i also have trouble remembering things could people please help me as u can see i really do need it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
madmaddie said:
I have just recieved my half yearly marks back and i have just passed all my tests my marks are horrible. I entered them onto an online HSC UAI calculator and my UAI came up as 38.5. OMG how can i make sure i can get a decent UAI so late into the year. How can i imporve my marks to get decent marks in the trials and HSC coz i really do want a good UAI

By the way i get destracted easily and i am very disorganised i also have trouble remembering things could people please help me as u can see i really do need it.
Quote your subjects & I will give specific study tips on each one.

madmaddie

HSC
I do Ancient History, General math, Advanced English, Biology and Food tech

madmaddie

HSC
i did the HSC caluclator for 2007 so it is the wrong year but the point is though i am not getting very good marks my marks are average they range between 60-70 i need help to bring my marks up

HSC
oh, no i mean did you put your hsc year in wrong in your profile, cos it says your hsc is 2009

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Don't tell us your marks, tell us your ranks and we will tell you whether your marks are a problem or not.

You could be gettnig 60-70% but if you're coming 1st, there is no problem at all.

I suggest you give us ranks and school you attend.

Felix Jones

HSC
lol...wow...but u have to remember, what works for me wont work for you..

btw...for my half yearly's i did shit cos i studied for the exam literally 2 days before it began, but uai calculator still said i got 90...woot woot.

madmaddie

HSC
i am not coming 1st i am coming the middle of my yr around bout for my subjects for all of them i go to woolooware high

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
madmaddie said:
I do Ancient History, General math, Advanced English, Biology and Food tech
Ancient History:

• Constant reading of the text is necessary. You are to produce a critical analysis of the text via through understanding of the events, figures and etc.
  • You are to gather relevant first & secondary resources (newspaper, internet, pictures, paintings & etc.) The more you have, the better it will be. However, they should be relevant to the topic.
  • Write your own essays. Essay writing will further improve your writing skills that are highly required in your other subjects such as English (Advanced). Write your essays based on HSC past papers.
  • Constant revision is necessary. Study 10-20 minutes a day.
Biology:
  • Making notes is important. Follow the syllabus. They won't ask you beyond syllabus in HSC.
  • When you make notes, make sure they cover all the necessary information. Syllabus contains general information. It is up to you to write down all the necessary information.
  • Constant revision is necessary. Study 10-20 minutes a day (purely reading your notes & undertstanding the concepts).
  • Make your notes during weekends when you are allowed tonnes of time.
  • Make sure you do heaps of past papers questions & questions from your textbooks. Know what you can expect from exams.
General Mathematics
  • Make notes on formulas. Understand your formulas inside-out. You are given formulas in HSC. But you cannot afford to look at formulas during exams (at least for me).
  • Do heaps of questions. Studying for Mathematics is simple. Doing tonnes of questions proves to be the best method.
  • Do HSC past papers. They are the best questions. Spending 30 minutes to 1 hour a day is a GOOD idea.
English (Advanced)
  • Read texts (on trains, at home, at school). Memorise quotes & necessary points.
  • Critical analysis of the text is necessary.
  • Be familiar with different text types.
  • Be familiar with different literature terms such as hyperbole, metaphor, alliteration and personification.
  • Write essays based on HSC past papers.
  • Watching films helps sometimes. Make sure you constantly anlalyse how the films are filmed.

JSchaefer

HSC
madmaddie said:

really? marks of 60-70 shouldnt make a UAi that low, i put those marks into SAM and sitll get 55-60 UAi on claaulator, are u sure there is no error?

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
Don't tell us your marks, tell us your ranks and we will tell you whether your marks are a problem or not.

You could be gettnig 60-70% but if you're coming 1st, there is no problem at all.

I suggest you give us ranks and school you attend.
it is the rank of the state that matters not of your school

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
^
you can be in the top 1/2 of your school but in the bottom 1/2 of the state, type of thing? guessing that's what was meant.

some advice for ancient: use the syllabus diuuuuu. write shit about each dot point, include modern/ancient historians' views. if you can, use 2-3 text books so you have a good scope of information, and maybe even grab some notes from this site and add stuff you don't have.

adv eng i see as the type of subject that is impossible to catch up on/improve significantly this late. gl hf

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Rhanoct said:
^
you can be in the top 1/2 of your school but in the bottom 1/2 of the state, type of thing? guessing that's what was meant.

some advice for ancient: use the syllabus diuuuuu. write shit about each dot point, include modern/ancient historians' views. if you can, use 2-3 text books so you have a good scope of information, and maybe even grab some notes from this site and add stuff you don't have.

adv eng i see as the type of subject that is impossible to catch up on/improve significantly this late. gl hf
I gathered that, hence I said if she's coming first, it won't matter what school she goes to. And if she isn't it's the reason why i asked what school she goes to to be able to give an educated estimate of how she can improve and what UAI she may achieve.

Your ranks in school matter more than your schools ranking.

Coming last in James Ruse =/= High UAI even if it's the top ranked school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)