Imaginative Response (Help) (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Basically I have to write a letter disagreeing with what this person said about "The Great Gatsby".

The Great Gatsby "is decidedly contemporary: today it is here, tomorrow - well, there will be no tomorrow. It is only as permanent as a newspaper story, and as on the surface".

[Milwaukee Journal 1925]

I don't understand what this person is saying so I don't know how to disagree with him/her, I really need help on this.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Basically I have to write a letter disagreeing with what this person said about "The Great Gatsby".

The Great Gatsby "is decidedly contemporary: today it is here, tomorrow - well, there will be no tomorrow. It is only as permanent as a newspaper story, and as on the surface".

[Milwaukee Journal 1925]

I don't understand what this person is saying so I don't know how to disagree with him/her, I really need help on this.
The Journalist is saying that Gatsby was only relevant to the time period that it was written, and won't stand 'the test of time'. You have to discuss how it transcends context and is relevant irrespective of when it is received.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)