I'm overwhelmed, hating life and sick of the HSC, but I need/want to do well (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
As Swaan has said already, you have gone through most of Year 12 already and are at the final push. The HSC is very stressful for everybody, and it's very easy to get caught up with that. I just want you to know that many people on this forum support you, and can generally understand what you're going through. The best thing to do now is not to think about how much your essays suck or how underprepared you feel, but to see how you can translate the remaining time you have to efficient studying.
Its like pregnancy

w0bl

HSC
OP.... you've come so far and you're almost at the finish line. Think about it like this; if you were giving birth and you've managed to push the baby's head out, then you can sure as hell push out the rest of its body. Ofc it will hurt and you'll want to die but you've already gone through so much pain so what's a few more pushes to get a beautiful end result?

PUSH THAT BABY OUT!!!
Holy crap, that's such a good analogy.

Yes, c'mon 2015ers let push the baby out!!

And thanks everyone, feel much better haha.

wishingstars

HSC

Hey OP! Glad to know you're feeling much better :)

I believe you mentioned in a previous post that you've been working very hard during the holidays and also extensive hours when you're at school. I know this is probably going to sound weird and illogical - but that right there IS the problem. You're overworking yourself and you've reached a stage where you've burnt out. I understand - I understand that feeling when you've invested all this time, hard work and effort into an assessment/test only to receive marks that just don't make sense, that are so much lower than you would expect. However, the only thing you can do - the only thing any 2015er can do now that they're at this stage, is to charge on. (To be completely honest, that's probably how I made it through my own HSC!)

You also mentioned something about having 0 support. If family and friends aren't helping you out, who's left? You. YOURSELF. And trust me, you will definitely be able to get through this if you believe in yourself. Right now, you're simply putting too much pressure on yourself. You need that ATAR and that's why you're pushing yourself beyond your limits. It's important to understand that you have limits and you always have to make sure not to exceed them or else, it's a given that you'll burn out. Someone previously mentioned relaxation techniques and taking scheduled breaks - I can't recommend that enough! It's very, very important to stay healthy (especially mentally) during your HSC. To be fair - when you're constantly stressed out and panicking, you're obviously not going to be absorbing anything you're studying so it's definitely better to take some time out for yourself!

I'm not sure if I've addressed everything you've said but I just want to let you know a lot of us have been in the position you're currently in, be it people who have already graduated from high school or current 2015ers. So, you're definitely not alone. Just keep charging forward and you'll make it through just fine :)

Of course, if it does still get all too much again in the future, it might be a good idea to see your school counsellor. They're there for a good reason!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

At the end of the year there's gonna be alot of babies...

pheezy2eazy

HSC
Many times I have felt the same way you felt. I stuffed up my subjects, stuffed up my marks, and only found my motivation last holidays. The main problem I had was lack of discipline for my studies. I never made my studies habitual and therefore I never stayed consistent to my work. The main thing in finding success when studying is constantly doing it. Constantly working your brain everyday. This is what worked best for me. I was in that constant mindset of "is this HSC all worth it?" - Let me tell you, my personal opinion is that the HSC is bullshit, like everyone says, you forget half the things you learn as soon as you finish school. Do not let your ATAR define you. You're probably not thinking about your goals, but rather thinking about the obligation. It's not too late, just change your mindset and try your hardest! Create goals and destroy them. Focus is what separates the boys from the men. The good from the greats. Focus! and be extraordinary instead of ordinary my friend.

hscnotes4sale

HSC
Uni Grad
So... I'm so stressed at this moment. Anxious. Depressed. Pretty much any crappy feeling you could imagine, I'm feeling it.

I need to do well. I want to do well SO badly. I want to get out of this nightmare and go to a good uni, doing what I want. But I obviously need a good ATAR to do this.

I have 0 support. And yes, I mean 0.

I feel like I've messed up my trials. English is in week 3 (1 week from now) and my essays suck. My marks reflect that. I just can't do well in it, even though I'm an above average student at English.

The rest of my subjects spread over week 3 and 4, I don't feel confident about, I feel so stressed and I'm going to mess them all up. I don't have any energy and I don't have the time.

It's not fair, I just want to do well, I'm trying my best, but it's soo hard. I wanted to prove so many people wrong this year with my ATAR, the ones that put me down and said I would do crap, and now I think I'm going to screw that up.

I need 92.
mate just dont give up put the hard yards in and you will be successful.

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I also want to prove people wrong. Dont worry mate we're in the same road, dont give up and continue working hard to your goal with enough hardwork and determination 92 will be achievable.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Wow, and I am fretting so much because I stuffed up on one small assessment in year 11.

Thanks, despite no of y'all seeing this probably.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
But it seems so scary though :( like you need to play your cards perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)