iLectures -- Getchya iLectures! (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I go on this logic.

We can sit in on lectures regardless of enrolment for the most part and get away with it.

I sleep better at night thinking that :p

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
This is the ultimate tool of procrastination :)

Heaps of interesting/weird units to check out

POL383 (American Politics) is an interesting subject.. the American lecturer is funny,
"If you aren't feeling well, get up and leave! Please don't vomit on the person sitting next to you"

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Dritz, is it working for you now?

I love this though. I have always said that if I could I'd do 50 degrees. This allows me to do so.
I'm very interested in the criminal and marketing/business aspects of law.
Also would love to listen to a bit of philosophy.
Maybe some economics.
Great stuff!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Received an email from the free host admins, saying they've noticed some odd activity, and they want it to be cut back... and I'm not going to argue with my free hosts who I should be putting ads on my pages for, and have never donated to! ;) Looking at my stats, there were 76 hits (76 loads of the main page, anyway) since I put it up at 10am this morning. I'm/They're not worried about that, but it's the 868 or so pages that were subsequently loaded, and the database querying that occured as a result. Seems to have flagged a warning sign for them because the account has been more or less inactive for practically well.. ever.

Long story short, I've taken it off to keep them happy for the moment. I find it difficult to believe that it was such a problem, but I'm not going to argue. The database is still there, and I'll back that up in the next day or so, so eventually it's just a matter of re-uploading the php file again and it'd be up and running...

Have to excuse all the fuss, guys. I'll streamline the code these holidays and put it all up again. Watch this space; I'll keep you posted.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Excellent :) Looking forward to it. I've figured out how to look up subjects, but its a matter of randomly inputting numbers until you hit them.
Have to find psy104 again so i can download. i'm doing the equivelant to intro to psyc 2, without having done 1 so this really is a lifesaver for me to ground myself in knowledge prior to the summer holidays.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha, ive been typing in random course codes. gone through 60, still not found what I need :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
thanks, you should charge for the idea

well i would just copy the codes and download in my own time from webct if that's not going to get me into trouble. i would really love to preview some of next year's units to see what i should choose. i don't see a problem with it because they used to have the tapes available for anyone

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Haha ive typed in 150 different links now :( Still cant find the LAWS, MKTG and PSY ones i want :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Stazi, you seriously do not want the crim law lectures. She stands there and reads them out off her lecture piece of paper which she then makes available off our e-reserve system. No one downloads them, and she's told her tute's that they are stupid if they sit there and listen to her dictate for an hour when they can read it in 20 minutes. :p

Utterly terrible quality.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well it's better then nothing :p although I did listen to a bit of her first one and it was terrible.
Which laws subjects are interesting, would you say?
I just found torts, and unfortunatelly there's no material on it :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and also are laws 4xx and 5xx units honours uos?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I adored torts, it was fantastic, so interesting and everything just clicked.

I'd say if you want to get ahead, look for a book called torts:cases and commentary by huntz and hambly (or some name like that). I have it for sale, but I doubt you'd want to buy it without knowing what book you're going to use at uni. Its really good though - see if you can get a copy of it at your library.

I dont know about uos, but at MQ 400 and 500 level law units arent honours units - any undergrad can do them. I was under the impression that honours isnt an extra year or anything like that, its totally based on your GPA (or something). So that might explain why there are no law honour units.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
MaryJane said:
I adored torts, it was fantastic, so interesting and everything just clicked.

I'd say if you want to get ahead, look for a book called torts:cases and commentary by huntz and hambly (or some name like that). I have it for sale, but I doubt you'd want to buy it without knowing what book you're going to use at uni. Its really good though - see if you can get a copy of it at your library.

I dont know about uos, but at MQ 400 and 500 level law units arent honours units - any undergrad can do them. I was under the impression that honours isnt an extra year or anything like that, its totally based on your GPA (or something). So that might explain why there are no law honour units.
I don't do law at uni :p I never will either, as I don't like any degree frameworks for law. This is why the audio lectures are so perfect for me. I get to go somewhere and just listen to it all on the train.
As for reading, I really don't have the time (read: the motivation)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ah, I see.... Hmm... not much help then! I think they are running torts next year, second semester (but not too sure as they have changed the course framwork).

You could always do postgrad law! :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or do as the romans and invade!!!!!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I definitely don't want to have a career in law, but I'm rather interested in some processes, case studies...that kind of stuf

stazi

Nightman
HSC
is there some way someone could tell me the unit code for psy104 (from the webpage links)
(as in ilectures.lasso?ut=[insert code here])
Also all law units

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ah damn it! they removed psych. luckily ive downloaded the first 7 weeks or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)