If i am transferring... (1 Viewer)

NFmusic1995

HSC
hey,

Im doinn B.Comm for 2014 in UNSW, and if i were to transfer to Com/law by 2015, would i lose a year, or what would happen .

If i am transferring, does it matter what subjects i do now, (i am enrolled to 3 subjects which you have to do, and one optional atm, LAW subject)
(btw what is the average GPA needed to transfer)

thanks!

D94

HSC
N/A
You should choose Commerce courses that apply to both the single and double degree. So obviously, don't choose a general education course because that will not count towards Commerce/Law. The core subjects are the obvious choices and courses that are core/required for your major.

You will not "lose" a year, nor will that year be wasted if you choose your courses correctly.

UNSW doesn't use GPA, we use the Weight Average Mark (WAM). Historically, the lower end has been around 76, but it is purely supply and demand based because UNSW guarantees 100 spots for the internal transfer. That might also mean there are 100 students who have WAMs above 80 and want to transfer, so you need a WAM as competitive as that in order to transfer.

NFmusic1995

HSC
Ok so i am Doing MGMT, ACCT, TABL and ECON,

are these subjects fine if i were to transfer to com/law , if i transfered will i still be finished within the 5 years?

Because if i am doing law but i am started a year later, how does that not waste a year

D94

HSC
N/A
Ok so i am Doing MGMT, ACCT, TABL and ECON,

are these subjects fine if i were to transfer to com/law , if i transfered will i still be finished within the 5 years?

Because if i am doing law but i am started a year later, how does that not waste a year
Seems like you can do TABL:

Total Unit Requirements
Law compulsory courses - 96 UOC
Law prescribed elective - 6 UOC
Law elective courses - 42 UOC
Approved Commerce courses - 96 UOC (including first year compulsory and flexible core courses plus one major)
Total 240 UOC
Look at page 21: http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/sites/law.unsw.edu.au/files/ebooks/ug/2014/2014-ug-guide.pdf The plan is designed for students who have internally transferred.

You might want to brush up on your research skills ;)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Under the old law curriculum, you could not do courses under the course code LEGT. That has now been changed to TABL which has been approved for study under the new law curriculum.

OP I will agree with D94 about brushing up your research skills. Once you start uni, lecturers and tutors will not answer questions that can be answered by yourself if you do a little research.

The reason you won't waste a year is because even though you are behind in law, you will be ahead of the Law students in Commerce. Law students still need to complete courses in their other degree to graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)