if centrelink rejected my ya claim 2 years ago, can i reapply now? (1 Viewer)

pete_finlay

HSC
basically as the title question states

my father who i dont live with/dont even talk to committed identity fraud against me, and applied for youth allowance as me trying to get the payments sent to him, saying that i lived at home with him (havent for 10 years ever since my parents divorced), but wasnt able to provide all the paperwork for obvious reasons.

centrelink rejected the claim for youth allowance (under my name), and i never had anything sent to me to say this or anything (as all correspondence was apparenlty going to 'my' address at his house), and i only found out by pure chance when ringing them up to enquire about it myself only to be told that my recent application had been rejected, at which time this was all uncovered when i confronted him about it

unfortunately, reporting the fraud and having him arrested/thrown into gaol definitely wasnt an option, even reporting it wasnt as he's a lawyer and would lose his ability to work, and if that happened, then my mum would have lost his (migre) maintenance income for we children, and then would have had to sell the house and leave sydney, meaning my brothers and sister would have to leave their schools etc too, so it just wasnt an option, so he legally atleast got away with it

there is nothing on my centrelink file that i am aware of apart from that rejected application, and i have never applied for anythign else

i am now looking to go back to uni next year and plan on applying in december so that i can still use the 21k i earnt in 18 months as my way of proving my independence, i am just wondering whether or not once you are rejected whether you are able to reapply at a later stage, or whether the black mark fucks for you for life basically

i have tried contacting centrelink but never have the chance during the week due to work and now they are closed

thanks to anyone that can answer me

dp624

HSC
you can probably reapply now
won't hurt to try i suppose

Peartie

HSC
you can apply as often as you like

that being said: I got rejected once and then approved the second time....

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I got rejected last year, now I've re-applied recently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)